Atlas of Rubi-Ka (aka CSPmap (aka Updated Huge Map))

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Atlas of Rubi-Ka (aka CSPmap (aka Updated Huge Map))

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:49 am

Hey... I've noticed some people coming to my site from here, so I thought I'd add a post about the CSPmap. I'm just going to copy what I posted on the official AO forums, though...

Here's what the map has compared to other similar maps:
  • level ranges for all notum fields
  • the notum fields (LCAs) themselves are visible
  • all city controllers have been added and catalogued (i.e. you can tell someone who also has the map to go to Broken Shores city #1c and they'll find it easily)
  • there have been many changes in the last 2 yrs since the Huge Map was updated and almost all of those changes have been implemented in the CSPmap. (ex. Alien Playfield's shuttle, Biodomes, Subway in West Athens!)
  • city plots are being added and will soon be included for all cities
  • dynacamps have been updated
  • unique non-player characters have been added on a third "cheat" layer, but only the NPC's name.
  • the two coasts at the bottom of the map have been added in detail.
  • zone walls are more accurate (ex. there's a huge band in Newland that's inaccessible, but you can zone over). No more accidentally zoning!
  • terrain is being made more accurate and new terrains are being added.
There are also helpfile available that are similar to the ones on the Huge Map website, but have had errors corrected, dynacamps updated, and player city controllers added. The helpfiles are also now in the "new" pseudo-html chat format, so the colours match the regular helpfiles and all the links work properly.

You can get both the map and the html helpfiles here: http://creativestudent.com/ao/ (This is the most up-to-date list of mirrors of the map. Several people have offered to host the map, but haven't kept their versions recent. Please go to the main site to see what the latest version is before getting a copy from another source.)

There are samples of different areas of the map at the official CSPmap website

Here's a full size sample of Broken Shores from the latest version with almost no compression artifacts:

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:51 am

For those of you already using the CSPmap, here is the list of changes for the latest release:

2006-03-01 (CSPmap)
  • all Notum Fields have been added
  • complete terrain replacement in Broken Shores, Perpetual Wastelands, Avalon, Wailing Wastes, Deep Artery Valley, Mort, Central Artery Valley, Eastern Fouls Plains, Belial Forest, Southern Artery Valley, Borealis, and Holes in the Wall
  • LCAs in Athen Shire, #6 LCA in Varmint Wood, #8 in Belial Forest, and #3 in Broken Shores have been corrected
  • missing city controller 4D in Milky Way has been added (thank you Tepamina!)
  • more unique characters have been added; some already added ones have been pin-pointed.
  • "foggy hill" in Milky Way just north of city #2 seems to no longer exist, thus removed from map.
  • Uncle Bazzit's Workshop is labelled in Meetmedere.
  • added Rhinoman dyna boss in Newland Desert (thanks Netlager!)
Get it here: http://creativestudent.com/ao/#downloads

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:17 pm

Ohhh nice. New version, might have to DL it. I think I've been using this map lately haha. Good stuff. Player cities are amazing to have on a world map.
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:29 pm

Posted a link from original thread to this one, since Finnagen is (obviously) better at keeping this up-to-date.

Glad to catch you here, Finnagen. Welcome aboard.
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)

Clan? RK2? Join Knights of Ka

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:21 pm

Finnagen wrote:For those of you already using the CSPmap
The map is wonderful and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

It seems that you stopped offering the entire map as a clickable link. I keep the ingame map at minimum size, and use another monitor to display that entire map for route planning, or studying while planning future missions.

Any chance of bring that link back? Or maybe a tool that can extract such a wallmap from the downloaded .bin ?
Adios, thanks for the fish

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:36 pm

The Uniques:

Polly: works as anarchyarcanum states, in fact the insta-spawn is very fast. I believe the map hidden layer location is correct.

Ownz: I've always found him north and west of hidden layer location, except once he was behind the rock near the grid exit. I've never seen an insta-spawn.

George: At the arcanum location, but not on an insta-spawn. He wasn't on the last hidden layer I checked.

Powa: seems to be stuck inside the rock, due to the alien cities. Managed to get him loose once, or maybe that was spawn him once. He was level 40 something.

--

the others: I've never found them. Since they are in the oldest areas of the game, they might have been lost over time. I should submit a list of all the broken 'free' dungeons I've encountered (red squares), and a list of the yalm shop locations for that VA81 search.
Adios, thanks for the fish

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:10 pm

Well, I think I came across two cases where I found a low lvl unique in a zone other than where Raiko's shows them spawning. The only one I can think of specifically was finding Morty in Tir County, when he's shown as spawning in Greater Tir County. I think the other case was in Omni Forest, but I don't recall which unique.

George is on the current hidden layer. ;) He's on the east side of Greater Tir County.

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:18 pm

Ferengi wrote:It seems that you stopped offering the entire map as a clickable link. I keep the ingame map at minimum size, and use another monitor to display that entire map for route planning, or studying while planning future missions.
Yeah.. I did that because it was 1.5MB and I wanted to keep my bandwidth usage to a minimum on the main site. Also, the quality was pretty terrible to make it that small, so I thought people would be better off with more smaller samples.
Ferengi wrote:Any chance of bring that link back? Or maybe a tool that can extract such a wallmap from the downloaded .bin ?
There are several tools out there to extract the graphic files directly out of the map .bin file. Here's a pretty good one: http://www.hackersquest.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5775 However, the main "huge" layer is a 20mb PNG, so your viewer may have problems with it.

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Pnunu wrote:Posted a link from original thread to this one, since Finnagen is (obviously) better at keeping this up-to-date.

Glad to catch you here, Finnagen. Welcome aboard.
^_^ sorry for the post-necromancy, but I wanted it known that I used Raiko's map as the starting point for my unique NPC layer. I got the idea from that thread, too, because I had never heard of Raiko's map until then.

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:44 am

I need some input from you guys..

http://creativestudent.com/ao/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59

You can post without logging in.

The Orichalcon
Skilled
Skilled

Post by The Orichalcon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:18 pm

Very nice, lovely and green.

One thing I've been wishing for a while is that Jack Legchopper and his clones are labelled in varmint woods. Same with the Disposal unit in GTC, the Trash King Lackey's, and the unique's (little leets and reets.)
Euphoricha - Level 200 Engineer - RK1
Euspeed - Level 150 Fixer - RK1

iain666
Amateur
Amateur

Post by iain666 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:26 pm

CSPmap is excellent, I've been using it for ages.

A million thank yous for all the hard work. :D

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:38 pm

The Orichalcon wrote:Very nice, lovely and green.

One thing I've been wishing for a while is that Jack Legchopper and his clones are labelled in varmint woods. Same with the Disposal unit in GTC, the Trash King Lackey's, and the unique's (little leets and reets.)
By your statement, I can tell that you haven't tried the CSPmap or even looked at the website... ^_^

click to enlarge

They were all included a few versions back...

The Orichalcon
Skilled
Skilled

Post by The Orichalcon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Finnagen wrote:
The Orichalcon wrote:Very nice, lovely and green.

By your statement, I can tell that you haven't tried the CSPmap or even looked at the website... ^_^

click to enlarge

They were all included a few versions back...
I see, I missed the extra zoom. Ta.
Euphoricha - Level 200 Engineer - RK1
Euspeed - Level 150 Fixer - RK1

Finnagen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Finnagen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:10 pm

The Orichalcon wrote:I see, I missed the extra zoom. Ta.
It's surprising how many people make suggestions that have already been implemented. ^_^ Probably because there were so many things to add over and above the other maps that are available.