NooB frOOb experience once again experiment :/

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

NooB frOOb experience once again experiment :/

Post by Bodies » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:54 am

So it’s been a while since I played and because I didn’t want to pick up a character that I had forgotten about, I started a new one. An Advy this time. I haven’t really played the class (except for some attempts on a boring day which stranded somewhere at lvl 20 ish) so it would be nice to play from the ground up and actually learn to play it. I will try to play in team as much as possible and leave the daily’s for what they are. I kinda have a love / hate relation with these. I will pick up the daily elite for whatever level region i’m in but will not be going after the mission goal, if it gives me xp its a bonus, if not I don’t care.

With this toon i will go the easy route and build as game suggests the only choice I had to make was pistols or 1HE and I went the close combat way (that has been a while and there’s other profs enough with shooters) Since I’ve been gone for a while I wanted to do the experiment of a new player again, starting with no creds at all, wonder how long that will last.

Day 1 (lvl 1 - 5)

Of to arete landing area… Good thing there’s a new place but on my PC it’s lagging like hell so thinking what do i need here and how to get out asap. So I stole some creds from a credit card gathered pieces to upgrade weapons, build a range meter and poison bracers x2,

got a 3 slot belt somewhere, bought some nanos and there I was, level 5 bribing some guard and off to ICC. (I know, I forgot some things here)
Ah this place is lagging less but still it’s almost as good as it gets on my PC. So I find a quest for the NCU’s near the mail terminal and helped a nice lady with a stolen bag. (Clears the conscience a bit for stealin a credit card earlier).

grts
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer
Bodiesslave 200 agent (buffing, tradeskilling, banking)

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: NooB frOOb experience once again experiment :/

Post by Briandmg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:58 am

You should try going duel CDRs at L41, and swapping to duel Dogs of War at L75. They are hideously overpowered at that level and allows you pretty much solo foremans. Once you hit about L120ish, you can probably swap back to 1hE to get duel chiropteras on. Froob advies tend to be much stronger these days (although they were already pretty stronk to begin with) :P
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Legendfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Legendfluff » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:34 am

Briandmg wrote:You should try going duel CDRs at L41, and swapping to duel Dogs of War at L75. They are hideously overpowered at that level and allows you pretty much solo foremans. Once you hit about L120ish, you can probably swap back to 1hE to get duel chiropteras on. Froob advies tend to be much stronger these days (although they were already pretty stronk to begin with) :P
Keep in mind it's a froob toon, not paid.

Even if it's an advy, you'd be non-weapon skill F'd if you tried to dual Dogs at 75. Was barely able to do it on my 100 froob doc.

and why would you want to duel people that have those weapons already? :?
Bodies wrote:Day 1 (lvl 1 - 5)

Of to arete landing area… Good thing there’s a new place but on my PC it’s lagging like hell so thinking what do i need here and how to get out asap. So I stole some creds from a credit card gathered pieces to upgrade weapons, build a range meter and poison bracers x2,

got a 3 slot belt somewhere, bought some nanos and there I was, level 5 bribing some guard and off to ICC. (I know, I forgot some things here)
Ah this place is lagging less but still it’s almost as good as it gets on my PC. So I find a quest for the NCU’s near the mail terminal and helped a nice lady with a stolen bag. (Clears the conscience a bit for stealin a credit card earlier).

grts
You should have stayed, to be honest. Leaving early is a bad idea.
I still lag like crazy there, with the best FPS being out in no-mans-land getting 10 fps, so you could have stayed to gather some other items.

Don't forget the Nervejolter from SoM for your next weapon.
https://aoitems.com/item/152025/nervejolter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mains: Legendfluff / Kruznik02 / Distractyou ... 1 paid account + 5 Froob accounts. I love to twink froobs more than paid, they're much more enjoyable.

Current project: QL 67-75 Imps + CoH Collar on L5 NT (froob ofc) [On hold]
Completed:
2 Level 15 froobs: NM Agent & NM MP. Both have ql 86-104 implants.

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Legendfluff wrote:Keep in mind it's a froob toon, not paid.

Even if it's an advy, you'd be non-weapon skill F'd if you tried to dual Dogs at 75. Was barely able to do it on my 100 froob doc.

and why would you want to duel people that have those weapons already?
Whoops. Dual* :D

It's quite easy to dual Dogs at L75 as an adventurer actually. Getting the required pistol skill is a breeze since you have Extreme Prejudice and Wrangles to help you out. For the Multi-Ranged reqs, Fangs of the Snake help get them on at L75 without too much of a hassle. If needed, you could use BBQ shoulder pillows, Juggler's treat, or even equip a MTI SW500 Geyser to hotswap that 2nd Dog on (I don't recall having to use the Geyser hotswap technique though). You don't even need very high QL implants; IIRC, QL 150ish implants were enough. Keeping them non-OE selfed is slightly more difficult, but even if they were 75% OE, they would still pack quite a punch. One could also easily get an EP buff for 4 hours to keep them out of OE either ways.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:34 am

Day 2 (lvl 5 - 31)

So since we will be in Subway for a while i went to clan agency and got the elite mission in subway. Once in Subway I started killing stuff solo making my way through, by the time I reached the first big room (after the fleas) someone invited me to his team and then we were 3. I left the elite mission for what it was and played with the other 2. We leveled there till 21 and I even got a NCU ring and a SOL-Executioner (looks cooler than starter weapon but the lvl is to low to do better damage) I even picked up some new armor pieces and realised I had missed the newcomer’s armor from arete :/ But I decided to not buy armor and go with what I find as would a true newbie. So far so good and we’re off to temple. Once there we killed some of the cultists and went for Legos. The trip there got me to lvl 31 and some extra stuff like a Notum ring, a acolyte robe, 4 DMs, barrow strength, withered flesh and a notum splash. But best of all, a new 1HE weapon called phase blade which is a good thing since I will need all the creds (90k atm) I can find for nano’s and imps. All in all not to bad for a day, although I start feeling naked and gimpy but thats what you get for running around with 2 twinks and lvl fast.

P.S.
@ Briandmg :
I do not plan on hunting down and equip things like the minute I would be able to wear them. If I happen to run with a team I ran into and get my hands on stuff like the CDRs I will consider getting them on. I am more looking to get the experience of a completely new player. I remember when I actually was I didn’t have the good things either. After this experiment I hope to better understand what and where the biggest struggles are for a newbie. With this I am not saying I won’t hunt after anything but it will not be the main focus.

@ Legendfluff :
I already regret leaving arete lagging area early and I am considering breaking my own implied rules to buy me the most important things I skipped there with an alt. (thinking mainly of the composite boosts and expertises)

Grts
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:28 am

You can buy composite nanos in basic shop, general nano kiosk (in clan basic shop they are about 7k creds). You cannot buy sided badges for newcomer's armor however.
ToTW money making item is the bottle of red wine for Newland bartender - I remember running for it several times per day, and there was no teleporter to ICC...

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:51 am

Day 3
*I need to upgrade my gear* *only 100k creds available*.
So this will be a thinking and considering day for the most. If I would think as a new player I would say I have a lot of creds woohoo a 100k. But then you go look at some shops, I can buy myself 1 or 2 imps i can wear immediately depending on which QL I get or I can buy a few nanos to cast. This is also where I start to really regret not staying longer in arete lagging area to get more stuffs, like the composite attribute boosts or expertises (they cost almost a 100K in the neutral shops here :/ so gonna have to check if I can access clan or omni shops) hmmm the idea of giving up the total noob experience is tempting and just get and alt to do some basic twinking and creds transfer would get me going again till after temple but I’m not ready to give my experiment up just yet.

*thinking some more*
I need implants to equip the phase blade so i can do at least some damage. And I need some armor … at this time I noticed I had 2 living cyber armor sleeves from the subway which lvled automatically whenever I level (no need to click for the next lvl like the newcomers armor) Lazy as I am I liked the idea of pieces lvling with me untill I find better things to equip. I know there are some missions to get the pieces you can’t get in the subway so I ran the ones for the body armor and the boots. but now I need regular cyber boots :/ and I dont find them in basic shops anymore. But hey, they sell the newcomers armor I missed in arete. :) so I might spend some of the little creds I have on a pair of pants and maybe some boots since I dont think I will find normal cyber armor boots before the timer for the living ones runs out.

*omni - neutral - clan?* *locking lvl or not?*
the reason these questions crossed my mind is because I’m feeling quite naked without decent imps and tokenboard. About picking sides I think I will try and play as neutral just a bit longer. I don’t know what the advantage really is by picking a side apart from the tokenboards and some gears here and there (and aparantly cheaper shops since the composite nanos are like 10K in clan shops and 100K in neutral shops).
Locking my lvl comes up when I see how poor I am and how gimp I feel when not using alts to twink me out and buy the things i need to not be a gimpy noob. Locking would get me the time to farm creds to buy some decent imps and gather other things to equip. But if I think as a new player its just to fun to lvl up and the backflip makes me smile every time :-) .Only time I would consider locking for the least amount of time necessary is at around max lvl of a dungeon to get the missing gear I want from the place. So we will have to check every imp we loot to see if it adds even a little bit to a skill I use or need and upgrade as we go, same with the armor pieces. I will save the creds for the most important slots and nano’s so I will have to be very picky about what I buy or waste creds on. Which reminds me to get a few backpacks to store the loot in.

*finishing up thinking*
So all in all not a bad day. The noob experience experiment rules/restrictions are getting laid out as I go.
1) Think as a complete new player and act like this is my only toon.
2) no outside support from your own alts
3) Never let anyone know this isn’t my main toon or that I am actually rich (for a Froob that is) and play as a poor man. :p
4) No locking lvl unless I really want something from a lvl locked place (locking lvl at around max lvl of the place)
I went to a clan shop which I couldn’t access myself but I found a friendly person who was able to get me the composite nano’s I wanted at 7K a piece (attribute, nano, melee and melee special). After that I bought some implants. I decided to get me the three imps with 1HE skill of QL 50, got those implanted and there I was broke again. now I have to find someone to buff my 1HE skill a bit more and its hello phase blade nr 1 :-).

Grts
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer