how to make me not so gimp?

opeyam
Amateur
Amateur

Re: how to make me not so gimp?

Post by opeyam » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 am

kinda figured the speed of he recharge would make up for it... and doesn't an extra weapon always add extra damage? I'm not contesting you here, i just dont know enough about the game to figure this out. still dont see how 1 bb could possibly b better than a bb and somethin else tho...

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:02 am

When singlewielding a weapon (assuming enough ranged init here to make this a readable example), you will do 30 hits per minute. When dualwielding two weapons, you will hit 20 hits per minute with each. So you loose 10 hits from one weapon and gain 20 hits from another weapon when dualwielding. These 20 hits from the second weapon will have to do at least as much damage as 10 hits from the first weapon, or you will loose damage.

Burst calculations are easy; if your burst cycle from your blackbird is half as fast as the cycle on your rgd, your burst damage from the rgd will have to be at least half as high to match equal damage. Any less and you'd better use the blackbird's burst.

So it depends a bit on which Ql rgd you plan to equip, but the damage range is pretty low so it's most likely best to stay with the blackbird.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

opeyam
Amateur
Amateur

Post by opeyam » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:29 pm

equipped a blackbird :). wasn't so hard. the hard part will be equipping 2 now. hittin amazingly high an fast. only problem now is armor. cant find nyone to sell me any apoc and i cant roll any high enough because 1. clicksaver isn't working with my computer and 2. i couldnt kill nything associated with missions high enough to get good enhanced leather. but now i'm back to playin my fixer :). I'll go to CoH and see if i cant find some betetr equipment. oooh and a guy sold me 2 ql 105 blackbirds. won't be able to wield them for a long time but i cant wait :).

oh and tyvm for the answer to my dual wielding question :)

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Yeah, Blackbirds made my fixer fun to play again. The series OT Kerans I was using was so amazingly pathetic compared to the 2 QL 100s that I'm using. As for RGD, I read somewhere about "not believing the hype" about RGD and I have to agree. It really isn't all that good of a weapon considering all the stats for it would seem like it should perform better than it does.

As for armor, I assume you're clan since you're wearing Apocalypse Leather. If you get on some borg teams, maybe you can pick up some Cyborg Death Squad Armor or Miy's armor (Scary, Ranged, Nano all might work depending on which abilities you're raising). Trying to get higher QL armor than your level by yourself isn't really practical. Do you have org-mates who can give you hand-me-downs?

opeyam
Amateur
Amateur

Post by opeyam » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 pm

neutral actually :). i know token boards would prolly be really useful but i enjoy the freedom of being neutral. my org isnt too big i guess. doesnt seem like nyone on it has fixers either.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Now that you have a fast gun on, you should be starting to see some benifit on having a more defensive stance when fighting things your level and a little above. If it is a choice between equipping 2 blackbirds and equipping a blinded blackbird, get the blinded on first as it will give you more bang for your buck with a faster burst cycle.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:57 am

Saavick wrote:
opeyam wrote:oh tyvm :). so as long as i equip an rgd in one hand i can burst fast-ish and in the other i can have a blackbird. w00t might be able to afford this setup lol
An rgd will do cosiderably lower bursts than a blackbird though. If you want to maximise your damage, it's best to either singlewield a blackbird or dualwield it with another blackbird, but not with an rgd.
Or mainhand whatever weapon you want the special to go off from and make sure it has ammo loaded.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

opeyam
Amateur
Amateur

Post by opeyam » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:25 am

gettin up the creds for GA Mk III now. so far if i put all my saved ip into the necessary skills i'll need mochams to be able to cast it, but i always tip buffers well so i have a few ppl who will give me mochs whenever i need it :).
GA 3 should last me quite some time, huh? lvl 121 atm

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Personally I would jump straight to ga4, even if you have to adjust your imps a bit to make it happen. Don't put a single point into matcreate until you have the nano in your hot little hands. Sometimes these things arent available for love or money.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm coming to this thread pretty late, but here's my contribution.

1. GA4 is very nice, but it's around 400-500m. I wouldn't waste money on GA1, GA2 or GA3 if you are levelling.

2. I have a fixer with GA4, and he's pretty hard to hit. However, I am also having great fun with a lvl 180 fixer with ordinary armor - just QL200 Omni Steel Ribbed, which is around 1% of the price of GA4. GA4 reduces your damage output, because there are many items you can't wear with GA4.

3. Personally, if I were in your position, I would not buy any grid armor. I would use conventional armor and spend some of the money I'd collected on that plus decent implants, weapons, etc. In some ways, GA4 takes some of the skill (and enjoyment maybe) out of the game.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip