Back Armor

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Back Armor

Post by GDB2222 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:41 pm

So, now I've got my new imps in, I need more AAD/evade/dodge items. Anyone who wants to donate a couple of IGOCs, there's no need to travel - I'll come to you. Apart from those, are there some mega items I have missed? Using omni steel-ribbed armor by the way.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 pm

GDB2222 wrote:...are there some mega items I have missed?....
Bit hard to tell without a config. Can you post one? :wink:
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:04 am

Bit of a learning curve there, but the config is here:

http://www.xyphos.com/ao/chardesign.php?saveid=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And yes I know I need to get at least one BBB on.
Take it easy on the kid, SilverFox316; everybody kills Hitler on their first trip

Mikro
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Mikro » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I'd start off with 6 slot belt :P

I know fixers don't need much ncu but you can stick other fancy stuff like -cost, range increaser & compiler in :P
Froobs
Mikrometa 200 MP

Sloobs
Vetus 220 Enf

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Personally I would make a few changes to your setup.

Grab a 6 slot belt and put in some nice toys like a recompiler, cost, and if you like casting at range a range increaser.
Work on your token board. At your level you can do the pvp quest which should give you an easy 27 tokens every 12 hrs. Combined with the daily missions you should have your improved 1k board in no time at all.
Not sure you need the nuc basc ring. Fixers dont really have that many self buffs, and you have ncu buffs to take up the slack for any OSB's you might get.
The notum ring can be replaced with an IS ring for a little more stats.
The durable boosts I would replace with Sandy Piece of Goo's.
The withered flesh I would replace with Enhanced Pads of Dedication mainly for the increased hp/nano/ac.
I didnt look at your imps much. The look ok with +AAD. :wink:
If you can find something for Hud1/Utils1/Utils3 it would be nice. A baby range increaser/light bar/floating torch/tradeskill lib or anything that does a little bit of something.
And of course throw in at least one BBB, which you already knew. Should just about fall on and give you a faster burst recycle.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Thanks for that. I now have a BBB and ql 103. I can get a second BBB once I have a bit more ip for MR, but I'll wait for the next patch (composite -> MR). Any handy utils items that I've forgotten about for AAD or evades?

Mikro
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Mikro » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Can't think of any evades ones but you might want to get SMG ebony figure for utils. Should be fairly cheap as they are one of more common ones. In hud 1 I'd stick movement predictor for some extra range :)
Froobs
Mikrometa 200 MP

Sloobs
Vetus 220 Enf

frubs
Fresh
Fresh

Post by frubs » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Yatamutchy Movement Predictor is actually quite nice for a fixer's HUD1, as you'll be kiting quite a bit.

I just discovered the lower burst cycle on higher ql blackbirds, solved a mystery for me ^_^

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:57 am

Yes, lower burst cycle is really nice. I'm not sure exactly, but around 12 seconds recharge.

Alangar
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Alangar » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:18 am

Whats with "Dragonskin Legs Armor" and "Shapeshifter's Vest" for more evades?

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:27 am

Alangar wrote:Whats with "Dragonskin Legs Armor" and "Shapeshifter's Vest" for more evades?
Ignoring the price point, D-Legs don't provide inits, and evading depends also on inits (the more you have the more you can go into a defensive setting, which results in evading more hits, too). All in all these two are about equal I would say; personally I wouldn't bother with D-Legs in this case (besides, it requires some "off" skill). Shapeshifter's? Yes, it has higher evades (and inits), but it's a delusion to think it will benefit you more than somewhat less evades (, inits) and ACs (especially a whole 1k). Yes, you will evade more hits, but what will the difference be to Omni Steel-ribbed? 1 more hit evaded in 100? 2 more? This 1k AC will provide less strain on your HP than these additional evades ever will.

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:11 am

Latest config:

http://www.xyphos.com/ao/chardesign.php?saveid=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for all the help so far!

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:29 pm

My thoughts:

Get a movement predictor in HUD1. the extra range is quite handy.

I would swap out the shoulders - if you can get into a decent IS team, get your hands on the IS damage shoulder, and drop Withered Flesh for the Enhanced Pads of Dedication.

Get a QL 200 Hardcore CPU Upgrade for your belt slot 5. -15% nano cost is HUGE when casting your short HoTs.

I would be severely tempted to change your right wrist implant to ranged init/burst/fling, rather than runspeed/burst/fling. You've got more than enough RS from IP and GSF, but if you aren't 1/1 at full def yet, then you can always use more ranged init.

EDIT: Just a note on this - BBBs are 1/1, so you need 1050 ranged init to go full def without any speed loss. I got there around level 180, 185ish, and I was using a ranged init cluster in my right wrist.
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:42 am

GDB2222 wrote:Latest config:

Thanks for all the help so far!
Couple of thoughts on implants...I suggest Jobe Add Radiation Damage clusters in Right Wrist (instead of Fling), in Right Hand (currently empty), and perhaps in Left Wrist (in lieu of Run Speed). Also if you need TS in the Right Hand, obviously keep it--if not, swap in MG/SMG. (Suggested Implants: RW || RH || LW)

Also, perhaps 1 VTE instead of the Withered Flesh (or Corrupted Flesh from IS)
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)

Clan? RK2? Join Knights of Ka

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 pm

Bit of work to do here then - I'll be back. I have no clue at all how the TS cluster crept in on the right hand imp. :oops: