Fixer Help Me please IP and implants!

Xarvic
Rookie
Rookie

Fixer Help Me please IP and implants!

Post by Xarvic » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Hello! i have recently started a Fixer.The IP is soo tight... my nanoskills have always sucked and now i am starting to neglect other stuff... i just dont knowh how to bring the nanoskills up where they should be,please help me!

----------------------
Breed : Opifex

lvl : 81
-----------------------
(note i got Ql 100 Shop imps inn)
the skills ive maxed or put ip in >

Basic abilities : Strength 249 (Maxed),stamina 258 (maxed),agility 276 (maxed),intelligence 251 (Maxed),sense 253 (maxed), Psychic 260 (starting to Neglect)

Body : Body dev 332 (starting to Neglect), Nano Pool 365 (starting to neglect)

Ranged : MG/SMG 526 (Maxed) Burst 549 (maxed) Multi Ranged 284 ( trying to get it up for dual weilding Blackbirds)

Speed : ranged.init 308, Dodge.rng 471,evade ClsC (all these starting to neglect) not enough IP.

Trade and repair: Comp lit 344. do i need more?,we got NCU buffs...

Nano and Aiding (The skills that really suck) MM 345 (not maxed), BM 247( not maxed) PM 180(Not maxed)
MC 95 (havent really put any IP here.. but i want GA :P) TS 249 (not maxed) SI 180(Not maxed)
FA 93( havent really put any IP here either... we got long and short Hots)

Spying : Break and Entry 150. (havent Put any IP here)

Should i reroll,Do Complete IP Reset or will it get better as i lvl?
Do we really need all basic abilities?
And what clusters should i take in the Custom Implants?
should i stop raising some skills and do nanoskills? if so,what?
Thanks!

-Xarvic

speeb
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Fixer Help Me please IP and implants!

Post by speeb » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:47 am

I don't think you need to reroll. Not that my fixer at your level yet (59 right now), but neglecting skills is just something we have to do sometimes. According to Tarradax's guide, you should start seeing some relief in terms of IP soon. I certainly can't wait to start seeing some relief. Aside from base skills and treatment, I don't think I've been able to keep anything maxed.

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:56 am

I've got a lvl 86 fixer (with expansions), and I can honestly say that yes, you're in the middle of a horrid IP crunch. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Personally, I think your strength, stamina, int, and psy are WAY to high.

You can still max relevant skills with an ability around 3/4 maxed, so keep all abilities except Sense/Agilility down to around that, to conserve IP. You can even keep Psychic down to 1/2 - you won't quite be able to max Nano Pool, but you'll have enough nano to cast what you need to.

Always max Body Dev. You need the HP.

You can probably slack off on Ranged Init for a bit, but you definitely need to max your evade skills - I didn't for a while, and the difference they make is HUGE.

Complit: it's fine, for now. You can equip a 6-slot belt with a couple imps, so don't worry about it. Procrastinate until you've got IP to spare.

Nanoskills: Unless you've got some way to get GA, ignore MC. Yes, it's awesome looking, but the general rule of thumb I live by is: If I ever get a GA disc, I will roll another fixer to use GA. Raising MC (even by a single point) just on the off-chance that you might find a GA disc is IP suicide. For other skills, Prioritize them like this: MM, SI, TS, BM, and PM (since that's the general ranking of which skills have the highest reqs for our nanos). And only raise them when you know you have another nano waiting to be uploaded. Also: you do have an NCU hacker interface, right?

B&E: Put some IP here. You don't necessarily need much, because we get some pretty good B&E buffs, but still... Fixers are the hackers of AO, and that means we need B&E. In point of fact, there's a few tradeskill processes that produce very nice equipment for fixers (omni-steel ribbed/apocalypse leather armor, for example), which require B&E for hacking something. It also comes in handy when you want to upload (and cast) the Fgrid nanos... and if you haven't done the first one yet, you really should.
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

Xarvic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xarvic » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

Thanks for all the replies,yes i do have a NCU Hacker interface. Lots of good stuff at your posts :) still a few unanswered questions tho :P but i am sure there will be more posts. And yes some of the basic abilities are WAY to high... but i like to keep them maxed,they do trickle down to other skills.. i will keep my evades maxed,but what about nano resist and Duck-exp? should i Put IP into them too? will also put some IP into Break And Entry. Maybe i should stop putting any IP in strength, stamina, int, and psy for a few lvls?

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:28 am

I'm not sure when exactly, but you should hit TL-caps for some maxed out skills somewhere, can't be too far away. The IP you can't put in those skills anymore will be available to put in the skills you neglected ;). This can still be/feel longer then I make it sound I bet.
Nr and duck can be neglected as long as you pvm I think (nr is nice, but I guess you'll have to cope with not having it for now). B&E... Well I wouldn't think it's tht important for now. If you want to make certain stuff you can get the B&E you need for that, no need to get more (and you could get a lot with just buffs and imps already).
Higher imps should work, and you might want to get custom-made's. The shop ones are usually just not good enough for me.
On topic of the abilities: triclke down ain't that huge. Strenght is only relevant for RS in your case I think. Physic is merely for nanopool and I'd think you get more nanopool by putting this ip in nanopool-skill instead.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Jondera1
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Jondera1 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:34 am

Oh, in answer to your question on imps: here's an imp layout that I might use for a fixer.

Keep in mind that any implants with Jobe clusters are level-locked. QL 100s can be used by TL3 toons, QL 101-200s can be used by TL4 and higher, and refined (QL >200) can be used by TL5 and higher. (and jobe implants don't exist <ql 100)

Note that all the above implants require Stamina, Sense, or Agility, for ease of equipping.

Also, you may want to switch the right arm shiny cluster from Burst to MG/SMG. I put it as burst because MG/SMG is much easier to buff than burst (apart from the Supressor line and expertises, the only buff for either of them is a Wrangle).
RK2:
Jondera Greylock, 213/15 Opifex Fixer (Shattered Dreams), Newland City Minister of Security
Damold Garimen, 150/12 Solitus Melee Advy (Lumen Orien)
Emala, 63/5 Solitus Doctor (Shattered Dreams)
Yarika, 58/2 Nanomage Nanotechnician (Lumen Orien)
Delima, 51/5 Opifex Fixer (Lumen Orien), former TL2 BS twink, future ToTW twink
And others

Orgs of choice: Shattered Dreams & Lumen Orien

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:54 am

Jondera1 wrote: Also, you may want to switch the right arm shiny cluster from Burst to MG/SMG. I put it as burst because MG/SMG is much easier to buff than burst (apart from the Supressor line and expertises, the only buff for either of them is a Wrangle).
Burst can be buffed by the Riot Control Buff from soldiers, for a huge +110
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

jstudrawa
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jstudrawa » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:56 am

Is that implant set good as a general set or geared toward some use?

Looks good except for a few changes like vehicle air and changing burst to SMG, as said above.
Drahnil - 101 Fixer (QL101 & QL100 Dual-wield Blackbirds)
Loforce - 102 Enforcer (QL100 Panther)
Lotrade - 25 Trader (shop mule)

Mnemonikk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mnemonikk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:24 am

/waffle
Last edited by Mnemonikk on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mnemonikk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mnemonikk » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 am

Me again... Just remembered something on the subject of ur IP spend in MR... Check out this thread!