Ye Olde Fixer Guide

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Thu May 15, 2008 2:37 am

I do
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Thu May 15, 2008 2:47 am

Me too, and apart from rings of presence it doesn't require towers/contracts or armour that buffs nanoskills.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 am

Maybe with triple-imping on MM and lots of IP dumpage... I'll run a skillemu when I get home and we'll see. I'm still betting on a firm upper TL5 for selfcasting.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

GDB2222
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GDB2222 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

I don't know if it's any help, but at lvl 150 my fixer has maximum base skill for MM of 595. NCU Hacker tool adds 45 to that. 20 from expertise, and a max of 210 from ql 200 implants, if all 3 spots are used. Total possible is 870, before allowing for any other tools.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Fri May 16, 2008 1:26 pm

I dont remember at what level I was when the nano came out, but I cast it with the equipe in sig, MM TL5-capped, INT maxed, 200 in PSY and a tower +22 and a +6 contract ... with this, I have 811 in MM....

remove the tower and contracts, and with shapeshifter rings, and maybe 1 refined chest, you can cast it I think...

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Sat May 31, 2008 1:16 pm

could you possibly add a small list of the items able to be equipped with GA? would do me wonders, thanks
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Sat May 31, 2008 1:18 pm

Tarradax wrote: A GA-Friendly Item List can be found here

there you go :P
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

sturmalfar
Rookie
Rookie

I heartily disagree...

Post by sturmalfar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:50 am

Tarradax wrote:
Weeping Willow wrote:new stuff for froobs is the new short HOT : Advanced Medical Claim that you can get from a quest : talk to Corporal Ashley Winstead (quest is 120+ ... nano is ... quite over that I think)
At 809 MM I don't see a pre-TL6 fixer selfing that one anytime soon.
Tarradax, while I have deep respect for your skills and panache, I completely disagree about Advanced Medical Claim.
While my fixer main is 174 now, I was easily able to get that nano self-equipped at 155. If I could have done the quest before
then, I could have put that nano in well before, approx. at 140-145. I have maxed my nano skills (except MC ofc) and
have 1050 MM (not including another temp. +30 from Research Attunement Device - Nano Technology Level Two and +15 from
Alien Augmentation Device - Nano Technology) If I squeezed in better symbiants (I'm not even at ql180 in most of them, let alone
ql 200) and better Miy's (I have approx. ql220 in - could go for ql250), I could get even higher.

Since you said "selfing", I'll ignore the ease of getting a CI every 4 hours for another +90, which would allow me to get this in at 130.

And, BTW this is a fantastic nano.... it's too bad there's nothing in between Advanced Medical Claim and the high, high, reqs for
Superior Insurance Hack.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Ye Olde Fixer Guide

Post by Weeping Willow » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:04 am

just a reminder ...

this is Aofroobs ... so Tarradax was talking about a pre-TL6 froob fixer...

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Toying with a skill emulator and implant designer, I believe selfing Advanced Medical Claim is fairly reasonable for a TL5 non-GA fixer (maybe even a late TL4 non-GA fixer). Without need for implanting MC for GA, that frees up the Head Shiny for MM. That, with some basic nano-skill buffing armor (perhaps a Reanimated Ranger cloak) will pretty much get you there.

Introduce GA, and the story changes a bit. With high MC requirement, one pretty much needs that Shiny Head spot.

So I believe it can be done pre-TL6 with the recently introduced items for froobs (put in well after Tarra wrote much of his guide)...but like most things--it's not as easy for froobs as it is for sloobs.
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)

Clan? RK2? Join Knights of Ka

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:12 pm

it depends what you mean by easy ...

I can cast it with org contract and a 120+ massive cannon turret

or with a 75 turret and swaping a shapshifter vest ...

Satertek
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Satertek » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:29 pm

So basically you get to choose between the new hot and GSF, you can't use both until at least late TL5. (And not till TL6 for GA fixers) My Trox GA4 fixer is 25 points short in MM at 185. Opifex would be closer but still about 10 points short at the TL5 caps. (This is with Sense Imp in head, MM in Chest/Left Arm) A few pieces of Miy's could probably cover the difference for a non-GA fixer though.
Froob Main: Blizt - 185 GA4 Trox Fixer
Sloob Main: Cania - 214/15 Shade - On Vacation
Other RK2 Chars: Mishon - Froob Trader, Satertek - Doctor, Edmure - Keeper

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Re: I heartily disagree...

Post by Tarradax » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:33 am

sturmalfar wrote:
Tarradax wrote:
Weeping Willow wrote:new stuff for froobs is the new short HOT : Advanced Medical Claim that you can get from a quest : talk to Corporal Ashley Winstead (quest is 120+ ... nano is ... quite over that I think)
At 809 MM I don't see a pre-TL6 fixer selfing that one anytime soon.
Tarradax, while I have deep respect for your skills and panache, I completely disagree about Advanced Medical Claim.
While my fixer main is 174 now, I was easily able to get that nano self-equipped at 155. If I could have done the quest before
then, I could have put that nano in well before, approx. at 140-145. I have maxed my nano skills (except MC ofc) and
have 1050 MM (not including another temp. +30 from Research Attunement Device - Nano Technology Level Two and +15 from
Alien Augmentation Device - Nano Technology) If I squeezed in better symbiants (I'm not even at ql180 in most of them, let alone
ql 200) and better Miy's (I have approx. ql220 in - could go for ql250), I could get even higher.

Since you said "selfing", I'll ignore the ease of getting a CI every 4 hours for another +90, which would allow me to get this in at 130.

And, BTW this is a fantastic nano.... it's too bad there's nothing in between Advanced Medical Claim and the high, high, reqs for
Superior Insurance Hack.
Just to clarify something. My guide has always been intended for the fr00b fixer. With expansions you can self-cast it a whole lot sooner, sure, but I still stand by my guess that a fr00b fixer will need TL5 at the very least to cast it - Not accounting for GA eating the shining head slot for MC.

And btw, with a decent equip you can self this on an expansion fixer at 125.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

melnibone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by melnibone » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:04 pm

i could barely self advanced med claim at late tl5 with ga4, had to sacrifice ncu for bundles of twisting nerves for matmet...

Lylenna
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Lylenna » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:21 pm

I just wanted to say thank you very much for this guide. I am an ex sloob, that has played trader, soldier, and doc. Never really knew anything about fixers, so this guide has helped me alot. <3 :notworthy:
Krystie "Lylenna" Lei
General - Third Faction
ImageImage