200 Fixer ponderings, or; Get these BBB's off me!

200 Fixer ponderings, or; Get these BBB's off me!

Postby hybridyak on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm really making this thread to start some sort of conversation because there hasn't been a new thread at all for ages. :D

Subharmonic has been 200 for a while now. I've achieved my primary aim of being able to NCUGSFHOTdamageplx my other toons on the same account as Dub yay! However I also had the goal of making her workable with a bit of a different setup, and I'm yet to explore that fully.

Here's the setup now.

Missing is the Experimental Optic Enhancer in HUD3, Vision of Destruction in the Head slot, and a Wrist Computer in one of the wrists, because Auno is so old. Please someone encourage/threaten the maker of aoitems to include equipment configurations and comments on items. It is so needed.

So I'm going to mention the two main ideas I have had and would like to hear what thoughts there are. :)
I'm not going out of my way to find GA4. I can't afford to buy it, would rather work on other toons than farm for it, and the two ideas below I don't think would be viable with it. If it falls in my lap then I'll have to decide between three options and thats harder. :D Other things to do regardless would be to gather various useful things from places such as HI, and change up implants to refined ones. Having talked about this recently, I think at the moment I'll also be priced out of affording the Jobe clusters I'd need to make the refined implants worth it but will keep working at cashflow in order to make that happen.

Idea 1: SMG+Burst+FA
This was what I originally intended when I rolled her. Expansioned up Fixers have Full Auto as a part of their specials and I wanted to see if I could make it work on a Froob. On Dub I use a Kyr Machine Pistol and a Bigburger Chapman Max to great effect (as an aside, I recently changed to a 300 Ofab Hawk Mk5 and its horribly disappointing by comparison… FA recharge is an eternity).
A Bigburger is equally easy to equip on a Froob so thats a start. Challenges are:
Split damage type with most other effective SMG’s. Rings of Ultimate Force are a good way to help with this. Maybe pair it with an upgraded MTI Aleph?
Much less potential for maximizing SMG, Burst and Full Auto in the implants.
Will never get near capping FA recharge.
There’s probably still not enough Add damage in the world to make Full Auto’s really big.

There's some armour that will help with FA that could be used... Fred Sleeves, Boots of Azure Reveries, maybe some others.
Maybe there’s some use in upgraded RK weap SMG’s to have proj damage.

Idea 2: QL229 City Blaster
Through TL4 and 5 I used a City Blaster instead of BBB’s. Its actually quite a good weapon, it is less damage than BBB’s so killing takes a bit longer, but its reasonable. It has the added advantage of being absolutely mega stylish, which really is the unwritten law of being a Fixer :D
I have a QL229 Inamorata Blaster and only lack the turn spirit to make this City Blaster.
The challenge here is, can a Froob Fixer reach the 1310 SMG skill needed to equip it?
Once again the refined implants will be necessary I expect.

Open to any suggestions and opinions. :)
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: 200 Fixer ponderings, or; Get these BBB's off me!

Postby Saavick on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Since you mentioned full auto as a goal in itself and not as a way to improve your damage compared to dualwielded blackbirds, I won't try to discourage you like I would a new player ;)

Split damage type could be solved with a Poison Injector Bracelet. This neat bracer from Arete changes your damage type to poison. It can be traded, so don't worry if you didn't get it on Arete :)

Another option if you want full auto, could be to use Skawt's Plasma Emitter. It's ranged energy instead of SMG, but it's a very nice weapon. I've seen Zlixero use this on his fixer and he's on aofroobs too; perhaps he'll drop in and share his thoughts :)
Saavick_200_doctor_Nuclearmeany_190_nano-technician_Ryahna_131_adventurer_Achilla_60_soldier_
Lokuta_200_soldier_Sunilda_182_meta-physicist_Whaaaaaa_122_bureaucrat_Angrymueny_60_fixer_
Violentmeany_200_enforcer_Boesemueny_179_trader_Wildmeany_100_adventurer_Ealhswith_56_agent_
Angrymeany_200_engineer_Luettl_170_bureaucrat_Svanhvita_100_engineer_Enragedmeany_25_enforcer_
Vladja_200_agent_Haadriah_163_martial artist_Kvada_80_enforcer_Yngvildr_15_soldier_
Meany_200_fixer_Skathi_149_soldier_Babysaav_66_doctor____
Littlemeany_200_adventurer_Mueny_136_meta-physicist_Vladdy_64_trader____
Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Postby hybridyak on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:01 pm

There was some help from various people in Froob200 calculating the SMG skill for the City Blaster...
I'm at 1139 selfed now.
1270 +wrangle 131
if I came across that ql200 nball I'd be there... and not even get into the refined implants.

Maybe we were overthinking it... or I should keep going up QL in the City Blaster :D
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]
hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Postby Saavick on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:04 pm

I have a Ql146 that you are welcome to borrow :) You'll still need refined implants then though :o
Saavick_200_doctor_Nuclearmeany_190_nano-technician_Ryahna_131_adventurer_Achilla_60_soldier_
Lokuta_200_soldier_Sunilda_182_meta-physicist_Whaaaaaa_122_bureaucrat_Angrymueny_60_fixer_
Violentmeany_200_enforcer_Boesemueny_179_trader_Wildmeany_100_adventurer_Ealhswith_56_agent_
Angrymeany_200_engineer_Luettl_170_bureaucrat_Svanhvita_100_engineer_Enragedmeany_25_enforcer_
Vladja_200_agent_Haadriah_163_martial artist_Kvada_80_enforcer_Yngvildr_15_soldier_
Meany_200_fixer_Skathi_149_soldier_Babysaav_66_doctor____
Littlemeany_200_adventurer_Mueny_136_meta-physicist_Vladdy_64_trader____
Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Return to Fixer