Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aofroobs/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

AOFroobs.com • View topic - Foremans Engineer and twinking with new Reck Items

Foremans Engineer and twinking with new Reck Items

Foremans Engineer and twinking with new Reck Items

Postby JLax on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:09 pm

I finally got around to doing my Foremans twink, and though may not be the best nano skill wise, lacking weapons that buff pistol, with the grenade launcher, he can do pretty good damage and deal with adds without help from the bot. He can use a Upgraded Warmachine Without it going OE after he loses mochs, and will use a Slayerdroid when my mp is high enough to cast infuses. My minimising IP usage in stats such as strength, PM/SI/BM , body dev only half maxed, and none in nano pool, i was able to still use good ql Stims, keep everything out of OE, and be able to use Kizzermole Gumboil for some backup damage.
This is his current setup:
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=203693
(Note: The NCU hacker interface is just there as a placeholder for M.A.G.S. Aggression Enhancer )
He uses Stripped Merit Board in neck slot, which not only has stats not much lower than a normal 1k token board, but also gives +10 treatment, which helps in the twinking process, and is also easier to get than the foremans collar.
The 3 empty slots in Armor are filled with 3 Gem of the Sands , Which give a total of +3 to all stats, +300 to all ACs, and 30 Runspeed.

At level 100 these extra stats from slots such as wrist, and even back if you dont hav access to the right ql Miy's Nano Armor Cloak can be quite helpful, and the small extra bit of treatment and other skills from the new neck item can help get higher implants in aswell.

Also as a side not, I love the OT Hurler , it shoots both a fire spray that lingers occasionally to the next shot if at 1/1, and a general smoke like grenade projectile, and does very good damage aswell, so if anyone else is thinking of making and engineer twink, try out grenade launchers, no conflict with MC/TS, and is a light blue stat, and can even be buffed with EP. This grenade launcher at ql 142, hits for between 300-800 damage, and in foremans often enough will reach the 800 mark, and 1.3k crits. This added with gumboils means i can often out damage my bot, if im using the warmachine.
Cratattak (220/21) Bureaucrat
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Technozan (135/2) Nano-technician
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
Celetteo (100) Engineer (Foremans Twink)
Blindgaze (14) Agent twink
+many more for buffs/ soon to be twinked
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Foremans Engineer and twinking with new Reck Items

Postby Bowgie on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:12 pm

I supposed OT Hurler is the "next grenade" weapon after Red Line Grenade Launcher for an Engineer.

I wonder if a lower Engy Pistol + War Dog pistols work for a Foreman's twink?
If that toon ever levels out of Foremans, I would think any grenade weapon is going to loose its punch approaching TL 6.
Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Postby JLax on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:37 am

This Engineer wont be leveling past foremans, i have another Soli Engineer that I intend to level up.
As for the grenade launcher, if i could get my hands on the ql150 version, i should be able to use that out of oe. I prefer to take the odd route and use different weapons other than pistols as much as I can, especially on twinks. Pistol also conflicts with TS in the right hand and eye, which would reduce your max pistol, but you can still implant ql 200 right wrist with Shiny pistol in.

The Dog of War requires 750 Pistol, 450 burst and 450 fling, aswell as multi ranged to get two pistols on. I saved a lot of IP by not having to max specials, so with pistols you may have to leave out gumboils, range init, runspeed and maybe first aid. But seeing as I can keep the grenade launcher out of OE with just shiny and faded clusters, it may be possible with pistol just implanted in Shiny right-wrist, though you would be 42 points lower on pistol than I have Grenade in my setup, and I know I needed those points to keep weapon out of OE. You would either have to sacrifice some TS/MC from eye or hand, or find armor that can bring up the pistol skill.
Cratattak (220/21) Bureaucrat
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Technozan (135/2) Nano-technician
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
Celetteo (100) Engineer (Foremans Twink)
Blindgaze (14) Agent twink
+many more for buffs/ soon to be twinked
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Postby meraimon on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:16 am

Dogs of war are best sorry

cant really compete with the damage they produce as a froob.*

*unless you want duck-exp for pvp or something, but why would you pvp on a lvl 100 froob engi? lol.

Dogs of war, High AC's, and get a good pet. You shouldnt need to implant pistol very far since a 750 requirement at 100 will be super easy to keep non oe, and besides you get Extreme Prejudice. high AR is not necessarily something you should focus on as an engineer. You will want your pet to tank pretty much 100% of the time at level 100. The only reason to go grenade as far as I can tell would be to look cool and RP with those mayfly grenades... and save IP for tradeskills. As far as actual usefulness, even with 150 less AR, those pistols will be doing more damage than the OT hurler. Burst, Fling, higher crit mods, twice as fast, and dual weildable.

and gumboils are only needed for pvp. I personally wouldnt strive for them in a pvm build, but if you reaally want that extra damage push I guess its viable
Borealis Raiders Neutral TL2 PvP org! look for us PvPing at bor FT to see about joining.
-Daslasergun
-Auviolet
-Nevtron
meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Return to Engineer