Level 15 Twink help

Garzillla
Fresh
Fresh

Level 15 Twink help

Post by Garzillla » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:06 am

Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to build my first twink character, a froob character obviously. I'm also rolling a...you guessed it, an Enfo twink! I got the idea from a guide on twinking found here. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=525818" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What the problem is? The problem is this is my first Enfo ever and need to know the basics. But, before you can help me you probably need me to elaborate a bit. :wink:
Since I'm really new to twinking and still sorta a new player in general, I wanted to roll a Soli male Enfo using the Piercing weapon like in the guide. I want to use this as a learning process so that I can better understand the game and may also Twink characters in the future.

Here is what I have and where I'm at.

First off my characters name is Pvpayn on RK1, Omni for anyone who cares to say hi in game. :notworthy:

I did what the above mentioned guide told me to do. I got to level three and left nub isl and headed for Rome. I got my Blackmanes belt equipped with two NCU chips in. I got a full med suite and a Ring of Nucleus the Basalis on which gives 12 NCU. Now I'm a level three with 0/28 NCU.

So far at level three I only maxed a few skills in fear that I would mess up (may have) and they are. I maxed Agility, Stamina and Piercing. That is it so far and I have 8628 IP left right now. What skills should I invest IP into now?

Also I want this to be a low level PvP twink. I wouldn't mind it if he was able to go in Sub and destroy a bit either. :lol: Also I only have about 7 mill to spend on this twink.

Also would like to know good PvP Piercing weapon I should look for and the armor I might want.

Thanks a lot everyone! <3
Last edited by Garzillla on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peace on Earth...and Anarchy Online!

dredd
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Level 15 Twink help

Post by dredd » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 am

That's cool that you're getting into twinking and I hope the guide will be of some help :). As for IP spending, you're probably pretty safe to max out: Str, Stam, Agility, Intelligence, Body Dev, Piercing and Treatment. You'll probably want some points in Sense and Psychic for trickle-down, but you can probably leave them at a third to a half until you find that you need more. Sense does add to treatment through trickle-down so it's not terrible to spend a bit on that. This isn't one of the level ranges where IP is overly tight so I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep leveling up until you hit your desired level. If you keep these skills maxed you should be ok. Then you can put more skills where you need them- fast attack, multi-melee, nano-skills etc..

As for weapons I have upgraded SassyBlade to Fear Forged Blades from the Steps of Madness since writing the guide. That was a straight swap and didn't require any implant changes. If you go with FFBs you can also make use of martial arts attacks if your MA skill is high enough (over 140). I didn't implant SassyBlade for this, so she's not using MA attacks or specials but if you plan for it, you can certainly do this. Two of the better low level MA specials are Flower of Life and Blessed with Thunder both usable with FFBs.

As I considered your question, I read over the section in the guide about when to leave noob island. I think I may edit that part a little, as level 3 is on the low side if you're doing your own leveling and/or are a newer player (not saying you are :)). I wrote that with an eye to getting off the island and starting twinking as soon as possible- with poweleveling or OBs to get you to your desired level. I've had this question before so I think I should probably clarify that a bit in the guide. I don't want to have people leaving the island too soon and get frustrated dying on fleas :). There are also a few new quests and items to be found on noob island since the guide was written, which might be worth it for some people to get (shiny band- for example).

Good luck on the twink project!

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:10 am

Hey,

About the piercing weapon: to level you will want either Injector Dirk (which is the upgraded version of Tiny Dirk) OR Improved tango dirks. The first one is relatively easy to get, but it looks like you'd need to reroll since you can only get the from Newbie island and they are nodrop. Tango dirks can simply be bought in shop (though you need a lvl25+ trader to buy them from tradershop), but the hard part is finding somebody to upgrade them (and since spending money on the process of leveling, you'll probably want it for free which only makes it harder).

For the weapon you want in your final -twinked- setup, I would go for Fear-forged Blade's from Steps of Madness. With a wrangle it should be easy enough to put them on and since they also give +20 piercing each, getting them out of OE should be possible too. If for some reason you want another weapon, I would again recommend Improved Tango Dirks. Dredd used one of these together with Die Kleine Nadel (which seem to be wearable by a froob enfo despite dropping in SL), so this seems a good choice, but I believe Fear forged blades weren't available when Dredd made this guide/character.

Since Fear forged blade has no brawl, I would like to point out that using Improved tango dirks to level (instead of injactor dirks) also makes IP-spending more complex: you don't want to put IP in it if you won't have brwl in your final setup, but you'll need to if you want to use them. At the other hand: another possibility is equiping a fear forged blade together with and improved tango dirk: I believe this would mean you have Fast attack, sneak attack AND brawl, which would make for quite a nice alpha if you find the IP for it.

About IP spending: Body dev is the first that comes to mind. Secondly, you'll probably want a little bit of all abilities so that you can up certain other skills: you might need a bit of str for piercing; sense for fast attack and sneak attack, psy for nano pool, int for nano skills, ... While leveling you best be rather careful with IP and take into account to only up things you'll need plenty in your final setup. For your final setup you'll need careful planning. Take a look at the Enfo Nano-list and choose which nano's you'll want to use eventually. Then you need to work with both a tool to plan IP-spending and a tool to plan your implants (or one that combines both): look at which nano's you want and plan how you can use them. Only when fully twinked you can really see for sure how much of the skill you get, so I would advise to keep most of the IP-spending till the end so that you can get exactly the amount of skill you want without wasting any IP (this can be for example the exact amount you need to cast a buff, or it can be a certain amount more to account for debuffs)(also, don't forget all the buffs you have running when doing this: without FG you suddenly might lack a few points for this buff). BUT you need to plan this carefully in advance to make sure you'll have enough IP of course.

Ok, typed enough for now I think, ask if you have more questions.

Bleh, Dredd answered in the mean time :D. *oops*, I forgot to mention treatment :P. To Dredd: I don't think Shiny Band is something new. There is + damage rings and +AAO rings that drop on noob island for not that long. There is higher versions of those rings that could be obtained on main, but it's much harder to obtain them there.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Garzillla
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Garzillla » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey thanks a lot guys!

I decided to re roll an Atrox for better health and also wanted the shiny band and dirks and now I know a bit more on what I'm doing, thanks to you both. Please add my new toon named "Jaxpayne" if you would. I will most likely be asking more questions in the future and sorry for my noob-ness. You are great! :D
Last edited by Garzillla on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:08 am

Twin FFBs are the best in my opinion if you want a piercing low lvl twink enfo. I would also suggest you increase concealment as having the first hit in on fights is usually extremely important. I have a L24 twink doc using FFBs, and I find that sneaking is terribly useful. I could sometimes wait for an enfo rage to run out before having the first initiative debuff in. In your case, I can imagine you getting up close to your prey, especially if they use ranged weapons and can root (i.e. nub trader).
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Garzillla
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Garzillla » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks Brian! Good advice mate.

Where I'm at now. I'm level 15 Atrox and I have the 28 NCU. I got my Fear Forged Blades and the full Onni Med Suit and the Black Omni Special Issue Suit, as well as a pair of QL 10 Concrete Cushions. So I'm good on all that stuff. Currently working on the other Buffing Items.

Also, I started a NM MP for implant building.

**EDIT** After un installing AO and re Installing I finally got MishBuddy to work...YAY!!! =D> **EDIT**