ARCHIVE - Commencing Froob200 raid action (RK1)

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Technium
Raidleader

Re: Commencing Froob200 raid action (RK1)

Post by Technium » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Today we had a great time at Supply master Smug! Ok we wiped 2 times but that doesn't mean we failed. It just adds to the fun of it all :) It really felt like a real raid, something i've never felt in a long time i must say ;D And to add a cherry on top of it, Leileena asked Kintaii to come and take pictures of the raid for his 'secred project', so we've had some great invisible company ;D got a t-shirt out of it as well! Thank you all for a great raid, and also i would like to thank Carr for advancing me to RI again. It means alot, hope i am worthy :D /bow
Waste Technium Collector - Join Froobraid today!! \O/
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Was it Leileena? Because I sent a PM to Kintaii to come visit your raid. I would have liked to be there, but I was at work =(

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:09 am

Llie wrote:Was it Leileena? Because I sent a PM to Kintaii to come visit your raid. I would have liked to be there, but I was at work =(
At least i was told it was Leileena. I have no proof tho, Carr knows :wink:
If you did this as well however, i thank you in the name of f200 for this :D
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 am

Leileena told me right before we were starting that Kintaii was looking for raids, so I asked her to shoot him a PM. With such short notice it's more than likely he saw yours first then Llie, but he never specified and we never asked. Thanks for letting him know, I'm kind of excited to see what's going to come out of it :)
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 am

Kintaii couldn't find you guys (maybe he looked while you were in one of your two wipes =P), and I guess he must have looked at who was logged on at the time and since Leileena and I have virtually the same name, the same head in game, and we even dress almost the same (which made for an extremely funny double-take the first time I stumbled across her in the fireplace room inside Reets), he took a chance that we were the same people and it so happened that Leileena knows Carrion is in Froob200.

If that was the case, then I think this all will make for a much funnier story than anything Kintaii will be coming up with for his secret project.

:lol:

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Attempting hags this saturday the 29th at the usual 6 pm GMT.
Forces of the Froob200 world, assemble!! \o/

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:50 am

Total success at hags today! Was pretty amazed to see 3 full teams in these terrible days! Had one wipe, but things went smoother afterwards. See you next week for more action!

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Very nice indeed! It really is one of my favorite raids :)

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:44 pm

tgjensen wrote:Very nice indeed! It really is one of my favorite raids :)
I have trained you well indeed!
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:51 am

Mercs attempt on Friday the 5th of October 6 p.m. GMT. I wish for us to kill at least 3 of the mercs so i'm counting on U to be there :) Also, Tyre and Mark had some new recruits which i'm hoping to see there.

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Hollow Island this saturday at the usual time! Hope the Halloween festivities won't interrupt our fun :)

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 am

I have a challenge for you:

1) Before the raid starts make the raid force stand side by side so that they form a line.
2) After that make the raid force stand in a formation so that team members stand side by side in a line and team 2 stands behind team 1 and so on.
3) Take screenshots from each of these and post them here as proof.

The 1) used to be the trade mark of froob200 during Saavick leadership. Now it is time for second generation Froob200 to step up and perform 2). This shows that the raid force has dicipline and is capable for team work. And it is a proof of your leadership skills!
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm

We didn't line up for a parade, but we did do an admirable job on Hollow Island none-the-less. We were off to a rocky start though with no Enforcer and just one doc, after Cortes relogged to Kitado. So with myself as tank we started out, and I don't think any of us expected to get very far. Technium said he would consider it a success if we made it to the 6th Champion.

That we did, and a bit more! Weylanyutani logged on at about the second or third wave to tank for us, and with just one doc and three teams total we proceeded to slowly but surely steamroller our way through the Champions. Things looked grim for a bit when Weylanyutani died after bringing the 10th Champion down to ~25%, but with some quite simply astonishing healing, stimming and spamming of absorb layers from the rest of the raid force I managed to TMS-tank the Champion to death, surviving several downtimes as I did so. Applefails even managed to catch it on video :)

Following that, and deciding that we did not have the manpower to take on the weed, we instead opted to try the Suzerain. Even though Weylanyutani did a fantastic job pulling the Suzerain some adds eventually crept too close and decided to say hi as well. More and more adds did so until the tank and doctor bit the dust. The Suzerain was down to one bubble of hp though, and we managed to just finish it off before we wiped. Ghehehe was the lucky winner of the Clan Ring of Salvation, a rare piece of loot.

All in all this was a fantastic raid, from humble beginnings to a glorious end. I'm still amazed at how far we got with just one doctor. Thanks to Technium for organizing it, and hopefully pictures and videos will be up soon :)

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Here's Applefails' video of the fights against the 9th and 10th Champion as well as the Suzerain:

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:59 am

These raids are always the best and most memorable. It is all about giving froobs chance to exceed all expectations and make RL feel ashamed for underestimating their raid force. Great work, show like this make up all parades.