ARCHIVE - Commencing Froob200 raid action (RK1)

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Artemix
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Commencing Froob200 raid action (RK1)

Post by Artemix » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 am

Hey Lusto and all my old friends,
maybe we as an old dogs should refresh our old toons and join this new wave of Froob200 approach (just for raid or two). You know we are pretty experienced and the best one in technique: "How to wipe whole raidforce" :)
It will be nice to see all of you again in game to have some fun. What do you think?

Arte
Artemix - lvl 200 neutral MA, Elite Operations @ RK1
Sisik - lvl 200 omni Fixer, Shadow Company @ RK1
Arteagent - lvl 200 neutral Agent, The Independent Rubikans @ RK1
Artecratt - lvl 199 neutral Crat, Elite Operations @ RK1
Nemesiss lvl 200 neutral NT, Elite Operations @ RK1
Lola16 lvl 200 neutral Trader, Elite Operations @ RK1

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 am

That specific raid was unfortunately a bit late for my tired self, otherwise I would have joined. My suspicion that you would run short on tanks/docs became true, unfortunately, but you seem to have managed well. :D

In regard to "old dogs": I probably can still carry my weapons, but if they are the right way around, no idea. :lol: Good thing someone developed these reclaim terminals a long time ago.

Symbiontic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Symbiontic » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 am

Hollow Island, Sunday August 14th.

Perhaps this is madness, but our target for this weekend will likely be Hollow Island. Rally is tentatively set to happen on Sunday Aug 14, 8pm GMT. I seriously doubt we will make it all the way to the weed but we can certainly take out several waves and it'll be fun to see how far we do get. This should also provide lots of fun loot for all professions. As always, pester every doc and tank you know, bring them at gunpoint if you must. We look forward to seeing you all there, new and veteran. Godspeed froobs.
Lucifuri 200 MP
Symbiontic 200 Trox MA Eng
Staghorn 193 Enf
Beastmastah 171 Adv
Opensight 178 Sol
etc

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:48 am

HI sounds good, it is nice raid. I am planing to show up on some raids but not sure yet about this one. I would not want to miss the chance to see Arty go splash so I will try to make it :). I got dusty/rusty doc and ugly MP.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 am

A good turnout again, as I counted 17 raiders at the highest, but once again we failed to get any docs on board. Never ones to pass up a challenge we went ahead with Hollow Island raid anyway. We made some rookie mistakes in the beginning and lost a few people already on the second wave, but eventually got ourselves sorted out and the 5th wave especially I think went positively smooth. I was almost sort of halfway optimistic when an unfortunate pull on 6th wave resulted in EVERY mob attacking us at once and wiping us out. Symb got killed again when he bravely attempted to land on the beach and warp us back, and due to a few other circumstances we failed to return before the weed despawned. A shame, as it really felt like we could have managed at least one more wave with some proper management, but all the same it was fun and educational. Once again we confirmed that there is plenty of support for froob raids, but next time perhaps we should try and plan it around when some of the docs - and they ARE out there! - are available.

As things wound down a few of us finished the night by killing a few Legchopper clones. I finally got my Band of Dog Molars, so for my own part the night was a great success :mrgreen:
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

Derenbruder
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Derenbruder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:12 pm

what a shame, i wasn´t home at this time.. i had supportet with ADV, Enfo, Soldier...

17 Froobs.. realy good for RK1. i would like to know the members of the raid, maybe someone could do a list with players who can/are able to join the raid for the next time.. so we can mange a dmg team with heal, support team (maybe for adds in higher waves) and so on.

its definitly possible to clear HI with a froob raidforce.. i did it along time ago on RK3 and the RK2 buddies were doing it nearly every 3 month.

so let the froobpower stay alive on RK1.

greetz

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Artemix wrote:Hey Lusto and all my old friends,
maybe we as an old dogs should refresh our old toons and join this new wave of Froob200 approach (just for raid or two). You know we are pretty experienced and the best one in technique: "How to wipe whole raidforce" :)
It will be nice to see all of you again in game to have some fun. What do you think?

Arte
I haven't logged my froob in ages. Kinda been reverted to a bank toon with 2 paid accounts. I stripped my MA's DChest and iGoC (prices absurd) for my paid MA, but I can obviously slap those back on in 30s and be good to go. Glad to hear F200 is active again. I'd be interested in the fun
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:22 pm

I missed the Sunday raid but logged yesterday. RK1 didn't look that bad actually, there were certainly life in there! Also Froob200 seemed to be ok, Lucier was still around and we got the bot cleaned up a bit. Seems we were about to get haunted by a ghost of Saavick. I promoted few random peeps to raid leaders and Lucier fixed some issues so all systems should be ready to go. Just PM me in here or ask from Lucier if you need anything from bot Admins.

From what Isaw you guys might actually be crazier than me and Saavick were, I can't wait for you to get things rolling.

I try to log every now and then but won't be playing day-to-day. And I try to join some raids in the future.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 am

Too small to constitute a proper raid, but still a story worth telling, I think. Over the last two nights we assembled a rather impromptu group to kill an Omni-Pol Command Juggernaut. The first night we finally got a doc onboard, Ladystefani, who did a good job keeping my tanking butt alive, but due to severe connectivity issues I failed to hold aggro, causing first the doc and then the rest of us - Lente, Symbiontic, Wilhelm and I - to get wiped. Second attempt I forgot to grab a Behe on my way back, and having too little hp caused my health bar "to go up and down like a yo-yo", as the others put it. Eventually it was too untenable a situation and I got killed, despite the doc, MA and trader's best efforts, and we wiped. The connectivity issues caused me to throw in the towel for the night, and the others went on to Camelot to suffer another humiliating defeat at the hands of Ghasap. Good times were had by all.
Second night we had no less than two doctors, as Dino joined the fray while Wilhelm sat it out, but again we suffered two wipes. On first attempt the second wandering Juggernaut decided to join the party at a time where things were otherwise under control and going well. Next attempt the Juggernaut opened the ball with a hitherto unseen nano-debuff of some sort, so the docs were helpless to heal me. To me personally it was a frustrating ordeal as it really felt like we could handle the Juggernaut but got tripped by all manners of exceptional circumstances every time. Finally, on the fifth attempt, we wisely pulled the Juggernaut off the road, and even though I bumbled about in the beginning, earning Ladystefani another quick trip to reclaim, Dino and our trader, Lente, kept me alive while Symbiontic warped her back into action. Things progressed smoothly from here, and in time we finally dispatched the machine. Congratulations to Lente, who earned himself a lovely pair of Flower Guard Triplate Metal Gauntlets.

Hopefully we can get some pictures of the fight up. I had, despite it all, a lot of fun and learned a few more things about taking on huge targets. And GREAT to finally see some docs in action!

Symbiontic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Symbiontic » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:21 pm

A small victory, but one to celebrate never the less.

Image Image

And for the record, we had Ghasp defeated but got ambushed at the last minute by an Omni whom I refuse to name simply because he would enjoy the infamy too much. Cheers froobcakes.
Lucifuri 200 MP
Symbiontic 200 Trox MA Eng
Staghorn 193 Enf
Beastmastah 171 Adv
Opensight 178 Sol
etc

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:48 pm

A bit (very) late notice, but we intend to do another Hollow Island raid tomorrow, Sun 21st 8.00 PM GMT! If you're willing and able, and especially if you're an enforcer or a doctor, come join the fun!

Artemix
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Artemix » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Another Great Victory for the Froob200 RaidForce!

First round: Special Agent Lamb vs Froob200

Second round aka Kitting Round:

Artemix - lvl 200 neutral MA, Elite Operations @ RK1
Sisik - lvl 200 omni Fixer, Shadow Company @ RK1
Arteagent - lvl 200 neutral Agent, The Independent Rubikans @ RK1
Artecratt - lvl 199 neutral Crat, Elite Operations @ RK1
Nemesiss lvl 200 neutral NT, Elite Operations @ RK1
Lola16 lvl 200 neutral Trader, Elite Operations @ RK1

Stoeger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Stoeger » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Was an excellent raid, cheers too all that made it happen ;D (lol @ ''me beeing stepped by adds while beeing dead'' pic)
Wilhelm - 200 Martial Artist
Stoeger - 200 Trader
Franken - 160+ Doctor

NIHTILAH

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:20 pm

The pictures say more than I could ever do in writing I think :P

HI was occupied, so we checked the unique bosses to see who was up and about. Agent Lamb was, so we got a task force together to pay him a visit. First attempt we fumbled and got killed, but on second try Artemix showed us how it was done by running in perpetual circles. We then took turns playing bait until we finally dwindled his health bar all the way down. Grats to Lente for his Resonance Blast nano, and grats to myself for Chain of Concealment :mrgreen:

Great raid everybody!

Sponga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sponga » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Congratz people on successful raid!