ARCHIVE- [RK2] TL5+ Froob raid force

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Tlfiveplus Reflection

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:17 am

First, I'd like to mention to any RK3ers coming to another server... You are very welcome to join us on RK2! I'd love to meet some of the transfered people and I hope to see you in the tlfiveplus channel some day :). I also hope not everybody from RK3 picked RK1 :P. So far I didn't see any RK3ers :(.

Secondly, I'd like to mention I'm in the tricky process of gathering feedback about tlfiveplus... Outsiders (either because they are on the other server, because they are too low level, because they are only on aofroobs forum and not on tlfiveplus forum or any other reason) definitely can give feedback as well. Most of it will be merely about what impression they get about tlfiveplus, but I think impression is very important as well. So please tell us all about it!

This is the topic on Tlfiveplus forum.

And this is a shameless copy-paste from it:
Hello everybody, I'd like some feedback on tlfiveplus.
Indeed, this is a tricky one to get out of hand, but I have trust in all of you that we'll manage to keep this civil!

About Tlfiveplus in general
What I would like to hear is: How can Tlfiveplus improve? Do you have any comments? Things you don't like? Suggestions? (Bad) Impressions you get?
This can go about how we organize raids, how loot is rolled, general behaviour of raidleaders, how we can have more fun, ... pretty much everything.

About specific raidleaders
There also is a second, even more tricky part, on which I want feedback... The Raidleaders. As not even raidleaders deserve it to be stoned in public, this is something we will have to take to PM's though. Here as well, several sorts of criticism are possible: is it about how they behave, or is it advice on how to lead raids better, can be anything!
There is several options:

- You write a PM or a /tell to one of the raidleaders volunteering to communicate this kind of stuff. We will then discuss the issues you have with the raidleader in person; unless you didn't make any sense that is. We guarantee that you stay anonymous, unless you specifically say that it's not an issue. You can also ask other members instead of raidleaders to be your communication person.

- You write a PM or /tell directly to the raidleader you want to give advice to. Especially in this case: keep it polite and please don't get into a fight. If you can't control your anger, just let it rest for a bit; and best contact somebody else. I, personally, like to get to know myself better and I do want advice on how to improve, so I'd say it's safe to PM me about myself; I'm really not going to get angry on you about it. But it's your choice of course.

In any case, whether it's about tlfiveplus or about a raidleader; whether it's directly to the person or with an in-between-person: it is possible to do it anonymously by creating a new forum-account or a new toon. If you communicate through another raidleader/member, this person also should keep you anonymous.

The thing I fear most is that raidleaders might not be open to advice... :(. But we'll just have to hope for the best, and I'll sure give them the advice. I can't control what they do with it...

And again, remember: keep it civil! All of you ;).

Raidleaders volunteering for tricky communication and warranting anonymity:
- Edta
-
(Comments about RLers on this forum are also possible, but I don't expect too many as I don't think a lot of people here even know them...)
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: [RK2] TL5+ Froob raid force

Post by Saavick » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 am

There's this one raidleader who is really nice, a level 180 NT. He's my favourite <3

Please keep in mind I'm on Rk1 and not a member of Tl5+, so you may decide how useful this opinion is for yourself :)
But I have one suggestion:

Personally I really like our own froob200 thread and we decided to keep posting our stuff here on aofroobs rather than on a separate forum. It would be great to see victories/bragging/screenshots/grats's on loot here in this thread! It helps on Rk1 gain new members, and of course it boosts activity on aofroobs, which makes a bigger better stronger froob community.
2.5 years ago the raid announcements, victories, mass death on tougher mobs than I had ever seen, the general feeling that it is FUN to be a high level froob, was my motivation to ding 200 :D I know Tl5+ is uber and does lots of fun activities but it would be cool if it was more open for non-members to see it :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:57 am

Saavick wrote:There's this one raidleader who is really nice, a level 180 NT. He's my favourite <3
Awwwwww :cry: Ok, thats +1 for EDTA :D
Saavick wrote:Personally I really like our own froob200 thread and we decided to keep posting our stuff here on aofroobs rather than on a separate forum. It would be great to see victories/bragging/screenshots/grats's on loot here in this thread! It helps on Rk1 gain new members, and of course it boosts activity on aofroobs, which makes a bigger better stronger froob community.
2.5 years ago the raid announcements, victories, mass death on tougher mobs than I had ever seen, the general feeling that it is FUN to be a high level froob, was my motivation to ding 200 :D I know Tl5+ is uber and does lots of fun activities but it would be cool if it was more open for non-members to see it :)
Hm, i can agree with this, however it can be quite time consuming to double post stuff on two forums. We DO have a centralized "Conquered" list as well as a "Trophy case", perhaps there is a technical possibility for this forum to easily show the latest post in our forums? Would be cool to see new posts on certain threads in our forum to be announced. Gonna ask Snarf or Pnunu about this. Perhaps they got some idea...

EDIT: we are checking if its possible to auto-update our twitter tweet whenever there is a new post in those threads. Make sure you follow @tl5plus!

thanks for your input :)

regards
/Z
gimpy 197 NT raidleader
Last edited by DocJones on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:06 am

Saavick wrote:There's this one raidleader who is really nice, a level 180 NT. He's my favourite <3
Wonder who you're talking about... Can't be me, I'm lvl 181 :(.
You rock too <3!
Saavick wrote:Personally I really like our own froob200 thread and we decided to keep posting our stuff here on aofroobs rather than on a separate forum. It would be great to see victories/bragging/screenshots/grats's on loot here in this thread! It helps on Rk1 gain new members, and of course it boosts activity on aofroobs, which makes a bigger better stronger froob community.
I quite agree, and I really do my best for it. Ditching the forum is not really an option though (we grew too attached, put a lot of work in it, it offers some advantages,...). As long as it's merely me posting here about raids, it might not give the right impression, but I'll sure keep doing it and try harder. I'll also hope other people will and I will try to motivate them for it ;).
RK2

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 pm

We did some kind of unplanned raid today :) (well I planned it like 4h in advance without stating a target :P). We went to The Obediency Enforcer, as it was up. First most people wiped, as it was pulled with an AFK-tank :P. Then we killed it :D. Urdoooom won Punishment Rod, gz :). Dokibaba won Slayerdroid Crystal Claw
, gz too :P. And we had some other loot too :), gz as well :P.
RK2

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Upcomming Raid!
What: General Vivyan raid
When: Gather at 20:30 GMT, start at 21 GMT; Wednesday 10 March, 2010
Where: Gather in ICC, raid in the middle of Perpetual Wastelands
Why: FUN!
How: Dressed in Cyborg Death Squad armor, behaving like an army

We will dress up in Cyborg Death Squad armor (social) and march towards victory in the fight against The Dustbrigade! We will take out one of their key generals, named Vivyan!

Check it out on our forum: http://tlfiveplus.com/index.php?topic=384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :P
RK2

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Heyas,

Thanks EDTA, for that awesome raid!

Some screenies of the gathering here, while you can find some more infight screenies here.

Raidforce kicked the PH like 8 times in the nuts, Missus wont spawn :( I had to leave after the fourth one. Raid was awesome almost everyone was being dressed up!

regards
/Z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 am

Awesome raid :). Too bad, we had only PH's, but well... better luck next time! We did get a lot of ql 300 (and a bit lower) shopfood! Gz to Thornee, Enfostep, Sariblades and myself for rolling on them! (The winning was not the hard part :P).

For the people too lazy to click Docjones' links, a selection of screenie's:

Idef hit wrong button

The leets are watching

RK2

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:26 am

Hollow Island Raid tomorrow! See our forum (in my sig) for more info :P.
RK2

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Well Hollow Island was taken on Saturday and then it was taken on Sunday so we raided General Vivyan today :D. And we killed her! (first time I think ;) ).

Here is a screeny :) :

I hope I'll get some other screenies from others, but as you can see with this kind of screen taking screenies isn't showing much :P. I probably should get the script to turn of all your GUI :).
What this screen also shows is my new nuke :D (yes I'm lvl 185 :P). I've got to say, I'm not that happy with cotp though... (I just checked the damage calculator and at really high AC IEF would even be better :P. Vivyan has quite a lot of AC, though I'd guess it's still less then 23k which is the value where IEF starts to get better with 1400 nano init). I guess cotp needs much more nano init to be really good :). And I'll guess I'll have to lvl to 195 for RB :P.

Tyrence won all the loot from Vivyan! Gz on the 11605 credits! (yes that was the reward of 1h of fighting 1 mob... and the epeen ofcourse :P)
RK2

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:18 am

"If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." F.C.

DB Gens are really nice targets, too bad the loot sucks. By the way, race is still on who gets the head of Gen. Nirtox first :).
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:46 am

Lusto wrote:"If your picture isn't good enough, you're not close enough." F.C.
"If your picture is good, you're not far away enough (from an AoE-ing mob, being somebody with 40m range)." -Edta
RK2

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:06 am

This evening, HI or Merc raid:

IF The Weed is up an we get 3x MPs we will raid Hollow Island.
IF we do NOT have the MPs or the Weed is not up we will raid The Mercenaries.

Gathering at 17:30 GMT in ICC.

More info on our forums: http://tlfiveplus.com/index.php?topic=407.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RK2

Cryie
Amateur
Amateur
Location: Borealis, on top of the building behind the GMS.. since they fixed the wall's hole.

Post by Cryie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am

I shall mobilize my alt army and join immediately...
If I ever get them out of the TL3 "no one wants to team with a froob!" zone. :(
I think I will, though.
I froze my 116 NT (main), for the main purpose of getting my alts from 84-150. :3
BUUUUT, my NT is on the same account as my soldier! D; oh, woe is me.
Expect Cryie and Cryiefatz to join you, sooner or later.
Proud member of Viralbots Incorporated!

Cryie: 122 froob NT (i think i'm going to pay for him though.)
Phenoixblade: 72 froob Soldier [personal dyna killah.] (same account as cryie, so probably going to pay for him too)
Cryiefatz: 46 froob Adventurer
Medleve: 21 froob Agent [subway ganker. ;p]

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue May 04, 2010 7:50 am

Cryie wrote:I shall mobilize my alt army and join immediately...
If I ever get them out of the TL3 "no one wants to team with a froob!" zone. :(
I think I will, though.
I froze my 116 NT (main), for the main purpose of getting my alts from 84-150. :3
BUUUUT, my NT is on the same account as my soldier! D; oh, woe is me.
Expect Cryie and Cryiefatz to join you, sooner or later.
Go Go Go!

We'll wait for you :).
RK2