ARCHIVE - [RK1] Level 200 froob raids

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Tenchii
Fresh
Fresh

Re: [RK1] Level 200 froob raids

Post by Tenchii » Thu May 27, 2010 3:57 am

Yay for Sferykal !

What i learnt with froob200 is: organize the raids that YOU want to do and are comfortable with, as wishes will be a very rare thing. Even if it sometimes feels like you have to 'force' ppl into riding, ppl are thankful and have fun! :glasses8:

Go Sferykal Go !
~Tenchii

P.S.: i have no time for computergaming atm, cause of 2 very challanging jobs. I have to move end of the month and first get internet again before i might be seen again. So far i had a ton of fun, i for sure will be back once time allows it! Thank you all for the good time i had so far :notworthy:
- - Tenchii lvl 199 Engi - - ( MA-Engi is really strong and alot of fun. Please dont hide as Engi, blinds=GA'like stayingpower)
- - Steffilein TL.5 Doc - - -( if you love weapons, use them and never stand back, the new items make "docs are scarce on IP" a lie )
- - Netherstorm TL.5 MP - ( my 4th MP. 2he Trox this time. Yes i like pet'classes that are in the midst of it )
- - Bigchii TL.5 Enforcer - ( Evade-Enfo, a good way to get docs bored )

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:20 am

I finally uploaded Katyri's Hag Guide! It's not totally perfect, because it assumes expansion players doing all this, but it gives all those who never did a hag raid an idea of what to expect.

Let me add a few words here ...
  • Contrary to level 220 players froobs will always get aggro from the "wildlife" at hags, no matter what level. Depending on hag location this may add up fast to a good number of adds. Calming is no solution, they have to be killed (see below).
  • Once warped, running directly back into the "Ranged DD" group used to be not a good idea, because the hag usually was still on aggro on the warpee, and the nukes are not centered around the hag but around the aggro-target, in this case the warpee. This means nukes could be brought to the "Ranged DD" group with partially deadly outcome. How all the warping plays out nowadays with the 10 second root ... no idea. I fear we may end up requiring an engineer at all hag raids now to get the dead people back to the playground 8)
  • In the video you see these plant adds ("Bleeder Rose"s), which don't move, but hit pretty good, if you are too close. Afaik these don't get spawned again (with a new hag) if they exist already, making them mainly a problem of the tank. The bigger problem are the Possessed Biledrinkers, which move around and usually end up in the "Ranged DD" group. These cannot be calmed, but it's helpful to snare them. AoE snares may kill calms, hence why killing all adds is usually the better solution (although calming for short term relief is always a good idea). These Possessed ones hit pretty good, too (I remember something about 600 per hit through RRFE + ACs).
  • All but the tank(s) should be with the "Ranged DD" group (so that includes all non-tank melee fighters, too), there will be more than enough adds to kill. This is actually very important, because the docs are with the "Ranged DD" group, too, and constant aggro on them may result ultimatively in a wipe.
  • Aside of the armor and the Biodome key parts one may encounter Folded Cardboard Box and The Extruder. Also see the Biodome guide @ ao-universe for additional information.

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Sferykal wrote:I finally uploaded Katyri's Hag Guide! It's not totally perfect, because it assumes expansion players doing all this, but it gives all those who never did a hag raid an idea of what to expect.

Let me add a few words here ...
  • Contrary to level 220 players froobs will always get aggro from the "wildlife" at hags, no matter what level. Depending on hag location this may add up fast to a good number of adds. Calming is no solution, they have to be killed (see below).
  • Once warped, running directly back into the "Ranged DD" group used to be not a good idea, because the hag usually was still on aggro on the warpee, and the nukes are not centered around the hag but around the aggro-target, in this case the warpee. This means nukes could be brought to the "Ranged DD" group with partially deadly outcome. How all the warping plays out nowadays with the 10 second root ... no idea. I fear we may end up requiring an engineer at all hag raids now to get the dead people back to the playground 8)
  • In the video you see these plant adds ("Bleeder Rose"s), which don't move, but hit pretty good, if you are too close. Afaik these don't get spawned again (with a new hag) if they exist already, making them mainly a problem of the tank. The bigger problem are the Possessed Biledrinkers, which move around and usually end up in the "Ranged DD" group. These cannot be calmed, but it's helpful to snare them. AoE snares may kill calms, hence why killing all adds is usually the better solution (although calming for short term relief is always a good idea). These Possessed ones hit pretty good, too (I remember something about 600 per hit through RRFE + ACs).
  • All but the tank(s) should be with the "Ranged DD" group (so that includes all non-tank melee fighters, too), there will be more than enough adds to kill. This is actually very important, because the docs are with the "Ranged DD" group, too, and constant aggro on them may result ultimatively in a wipe.
  • Aside of the armor and the Biodome key parts one may encounter Folded Cardboard Box and The Extruder. Also see the Biodome guide @ ao-universe for additional information.

Heyas,

this should go to the knowledge base :)

regards
/Z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:07 am

Main difference is that froob tanks usually move a lot more.

Most important is that when the boss spawns tank should pull it away from the plants. Plants are rooted so no point in killing them.

At least on froob200 we usually tried to drop agro when Hag resurrects. So everyone retreats just before the hag dies. This way raid group gets a little break and in best case posessed bile drinkers can be pulled one by one without waking up the Hag. This used to work very well in early days of Froob200 but everyone in raid group needs to have great routine from the raid for this.

Alpha&Omega spamming is risky, I have seen Hag cast two AoE nukes while I was in recharge.

With good raid group single team should be able to handle the raid. But usually you need two doctors when fighting the boss. Also one team can have hard time with adds.

Also the video does not show what some things that happened on that raid, like that "Lusto yalm up" raid command after AoE nuke hit the ranged group for the first time.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:20 am

Thanks for the additional info, Lusto :D

Maybe lets try the whole thing tomorrow, Jun 12 2010, 18:00 / 6pm GMT/UTC. Check with the time converter, if all the time zones and summer time changes are a total confusion 8)

Idea is to try hags, depending on need we will either check the omni or clan hags, and if neither ones are up or we don't have enough players to convert into corpses we can check for some lighter targets.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks for all those who showed up that evening (with all the football/soccer craziness on the loose) :D

The raid went through a couple respawns until our main tank (Gorgin) died. It was a nice restart into messing with hags after all this time. Two small screenies from the fun:

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Looks exciting.

I've disappeared a bit lately. End of the semester, then moving apartments and being without internet, and now just busy with work.

My MA is sitting comfy at 199. I want to ding it 200, and if possible I want as many Froob200 people to be around. You guys are the reason I even rolled a froob in the first place to go along with my paid toons. I'm thinking next Friday or Saturday as those are good days for my schedule. If we just get a solid crew of 6, we can do an RK mish. If we get more, perhaps we can think of some outdoors hunting. I've got another daily or 2 to push me to being within a RK mish of dinging 200.

Just throwing that out there :)
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 am

I will try to get there this Friday. Perhaps we can get something interesting running. :)
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm

I've got about ~20m XP to 200 on the MA. Might do some missions to make it a little less, but is good to go.
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Any chance I can recruit some fellow f200ers? I keep getting the criminal hideout dailies which I don't have the killing power to finish alone. I can smell 200
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:35 am

WorldTrader wrote:Any chance I can recruit some fellow f200ers? I keep getting the criminal hideout dailies which I don't have the killing power to finish alone. I can smell 200
There is several levels of criminals. Some around or above lvl 200 and these are a pain to kill. Others are only around lvl 180 or something, and these should be very easy to kill (with RB I can finish them before they warp me, and they they still have to start meeping :P. If you can't kill those you might have to work on your setup I guess... Alternatively, you could take of your gun/guns and hope you have enough MA skill when drained to hit them :P. Being MA/melee should make you intereupt their warps, meaning you have more time to kill them :D.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:03 am

EDTA wrote:Being MA/melee should make you intereupt their warps, meaning you have more time to kill them :D.
You cant interrupt their warps. /derail
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

frubs
Fresh
Fresh

Post by frubs » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 am

My sister's 175ish adv got the criminal hideout mission several times. With dual chirops/kitty/occasional dmg buff she was able to take the criminals down before they meeped (that's one loooong meep! let's be glad they don't use the 6s att. one!) about 1/2 the time. It took a while, but it was interesting. Nice gear they use, too! Makes me jealous :P The criminals in her mish were medium-dark orange, so prolly about 190ish.

Couldn't drains nerf their nanoskills, or do they use a really low req. meep?

and0r
Fresh
Fresh

Post by and0r » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Im currently pushing my froob atrox fixer.

I started out as lvl 30 a few days ago and Im lvl 109 right now.
I'm gonna buy GA4 as soon as I get back to town and upgrade my weapons to blinded blackbird as soon as I can.

What lvl do I have to be to join the raids?
I see RK2 have made it a TL5+ raidsquad.

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:07 pm

RK 1 is 175 I think :) And it will be great to have you along on Rk1 or 2