ARCHIVE - [RK1] Level 200 froob raids

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Tenchii
Fresh
Fresh

Re: [RK1] Level 200 froob raids

Post by Tenchii » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:35 pm

:!: :arrow:
On saturday April 17th we plan to raid "SoMeThInG". - Placeholders are fun, but it will be a target that is already in the open this time. We will check for Lamp / Ljotur / notum soldier / diamondine soldier /Obedient Enforcer / Juggernauts / Generals to be up or if crazy lots of ppl show up even mercs. (but thats not too likely)
We'll rally at 5:45 pm GMT . - We'll end warping at 6:05 pm GMT, buff up and start fighting.

I hope i counted in summer-time correctly this time. A timer will be set on froob200 incase someone is unsure.

Last raid was alot of fun again, simply because we didnt allow this silly agent Lamb (who didnt show up) to ruin our evening. Placeholders and Adds were pulled very nicely and gave us a steady supply of targets. Stuff like coffee, l33t-fights, funny remarks and the usual epeen-DD-contest kept us buisy and laughing.

Thanks to all that showed up, this is an amazing comunity :notworthy:

Preview: On saturday 24th, we plan to visit mercs. Mercs is always something special and one of the goals will be to practice with new pulling-teams. We will slaughter whatever merc gets pulled, but likely Ian Warr will not be an early target this time.

Preview: In the future we want to start Hag'raids again. As many of us havent done Hags ever (me included), this might include slowly working out a way to fight them. Till we got some practice we likely will see the reclaim a couple of times, but hags offer something special: it is about timing and about movement. Melees will get hit by quite heavy AoE's and have to back off before some mobs go down, etc. Ranged will have a larger impact as with tank&spank raidtargets. Equip will have to be a bit more balanced towards HP and a wider toolset will be used. All nice things in my opinion.

Lets get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrumble!
~Tenchii
- - Tenchii lvl 199 Engi - - ( MA-Engi is really strong and alot of fun. Please dont hide as Engi, blinds=GA'like stayingpower)
- - Steffilein TL.5 Doc - - -( if you love weapons, use them and never stand back, the new items make "docs are scarce on IP" a lie )
- - Netherstorm TL.5 MP - ( my 4th MP. 2he Trox this time. Yes i like pet'classes that are in the midst of it )
- - Bigchii TL.5 Enforcer - ( Evade-Enfo, a good way to get docs bored )

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:06 am

Tenchii wrote:Preview: In the future we want to start Hag'raids again. As many of us havent done Hags ever (me included), this might include slowly working out a way to fight them.
I will see if I can dig up Katyri's guide to hags, it's a nice video of how to raid hags, with strategy guide and everything contained in it. If I remember correctly, Lusto is part of that video, too :) (The original link is broken, maybe I can talk to Katyri to bring it up again, hence all the rumbling about it from my side, else I would have just linked it.)

gosty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gosty » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:38 am

Hello!

Finally managed to register here :)

It's always nice to raid with you guys, can't wait till evening to bash some freaks :twisted:
Gosty -220 gimp
Bolhapiac- 200 trader

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Welcome to aofroobs Bolhapiac :)

And thanks for the fun raid Tenchii!
We killed Ljotur first... and his leets, and his adds... all at the same time :o That initial pull went somewhat bad but we had enough healing power and blind aura's that the tank could live and the raid was mostly safe :)
Then we went to Special Agent Lamb for a revenge for last time, when he wouldn't spawn. This time no such wussieness and he fought like a man. And lost. :D Nice work, good raid instructions, the minions were professionaly snared out of range and the kill went nice and smooth. Grats to people who won phats :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader
Luettl 170 bureaucrat Haadriah 163 martial artist Mueny 136 meta-physicist
Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer
Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor Vladdy 64 trader
Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 am

Saavick wrote:[...] the minions were professionaly snared out of range [...]
Actually, Blut had to professionally calm them, because they were aggro on my doc. Aside of the insane spam it generated, it's not nice if you have to throw around CHs 8)

Anyway, welcome Bolhapiac! It's good to see you here at the forum, too! :D

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Darn, must remember to check AO forums more often even though I'm not too active ingame.

Gonna write down Mercs Saturday, hope to make it.
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Tenchii
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Tenchii » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 pm

On saturday April 24th we plan to raid Mercs, which was meant to be the most difficult raid'targets on RK. So please show up in numbers!
We'll rally at 5:45 pm GMT . - We'll end warping around 6:05 pm GMT, buff up and start pulling.

A timer will be set on froob200 incase someone is unsure about timezones. Warps will be provided where needed, but if most of you'd be able to reach the Primus camp in Eastern Fouls Plains by yalm, it would speed up things by alot.

Mercs really is a challange and they despawn if we are too slow also, so please come prepared. Get your tea next to your PC and make sure your char has attackrating / nanostims / kits / IS'rings / motr / flurry'o blows / crat'coffee / whatever'needed updated.

For Mercs we will always need 1 supreme tank, 3-5 cycling-CH-docs, solid backupheals, 1advy, 1crat, 1engi, some buffing-chars and your best DD (mercs evade alot). This means more or less everyone is needed. To share the burden of some tasks around a bit, we will try to get new ppl into "pulling mercs" if interested. There is an overfiew of the event/area here.

Last raid was a typical example of RK1-chaos-tactics again, but also a nice example of how extremely well some ppl can adapt. Be it kiting the leets away when the tank had to mongo faster than blinds can be recast, be it calming snared adds that aggro on a doc or be it usage of layers/stims. =D>

Lets get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrumble!
~Tenchii
- - Tenchii lvl 199 Engi - - ( MA-Engi is really strong and alot of fun. Please dont hide as Engi, blinds=GA'like stayingpower)
- - Steffilein TL.5 Doc - - -( if you love weapons, use them and never stand back, the new items make "docs are scarce on IP" a lie )
- - Netherstorm TL.5 MP - ( my 4th MP. 2he Trox this time. Yes i like pet'classes that are in the midst of it )

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Tactics are something to use when you are not good enough for the task otherwise. Despite my appearance last nigh (after 53 days break) I don't think I can make it this time. But good luck and may the great Buff be with you.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:56 pm

This was a very nice and succesful merc raid, we killed Peter, Ris, Nelly and Patricia (and decided not to bother with Ian :D)
Thanks to Tenchii for doing a good job as raidleader, and thanks to Blutblume for very smooth pulls.
Arte renaming his Belamorte to Lusto made me smile :) Shame on Lusto for not being with us, but a renamed healpet still brings luck (even though it didn't have a 2s nanodelta) ;)
Our new tactic of spamming Wake up Call on the tank to counter the init debuffs was a nice touch to the raid.

Also, the number of DNWers that joins our raids seems to increase weekly still :) Good to have you all with us.

Being the tank I didn't manage to make screenies, but I hope someone else did :)
Grats to everyone who got loot!
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader

Goran Gora
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Goran Gora » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:25 am

gratz on mercs ;)
Good, old patriots! :)

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 am

Grats guys.

I enjoyed my Friday night a bit too much and had to make up for it doing work on Saturday and still today. Darn 20-40 page paper and a 15-20 page paper among other things. Oh well, the term is almost over.
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Tenchii
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Tenchii » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 am

:arrow:
On saturday Mai 1st i suggest just doing some equipment'runs on prisoners or InnerSanctum or whereever ppl need stuff from. As i am only 80% sure to be on, "Tenchii" wont host a raid atleast, if one of you does, thats great ofcourse 8)
:arrow:

Mercs really really really was thrilling again. Did i mention i loooooooooove Mercs? Thanks for all that showed up. Placeholder-trashing took quite some hours, but finally Otacustes showed up 2h before raid'begin. YAY that!

We started out with just 2 doc playing and 2 "backup-alt-docs", no MP and really not alot of healing present. Luckily quite many of our froob200'population could be talked into joining including more docs. So in the end we got a very nice raidforce gathered and handled Nelly and Patricia in a very solid way.

Not having the usual auras present and half the buffs being gone till the other two mercs (Peter and Ris) were down also, it became quite some work to beat them. NTs showed off some supreme DD'power and wore down big chumps of hitpoints, while even with 1700 AR the number of misses i had again reminded me (and likely most of us) how extremely well those mercs are at evading.

It was a nice sucessful raid and i doubt i will forget this pulling and extremely nice tanking and CH'juggling for quite some time. The loot was extremely nice also. Did i mention i loooooooooove Mercs alot? *giggles*

~Tenchii

p.s.: Preview
Saturday May 8th, we plan to do a Hag'raid. As many of us havent done Hags ever (me included), this might include even more chaos than usually. We might see the reclaim a couple of times, but hags offer something special: it is about timing and about movement. Melees will get hit by quite heavy AoE's and have to back off before some mobs go down, etc. Ranged will have a larger impact as with tank&spank raidtargets. Equip will have to be a bit more balanced towards HP and a wider toolset will be used. All nice things in my opinion.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Fri May 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Since both me and Lusto have been inactive from AO for a while and will be for a while longer, froob200 needs a new raidleader. As mentioned before, if anyone interested would like to give raidleading a try, please ask me or Lucier and I will give you the proper bot rank so you can do raid commands, and if you want, some tips on how to organise things. :)
I'm online almost daily, just not actively playing.

For now, Sferykal has volunteered to lead some raids, please make sure to salute and line up in ranks when General Yllkoda orders you to :D She will make her raid announcements here in this thread and with a timer in the bot like I did before.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks for the introduction, Saavick :) Sidenote: This is a temporary solution until the professionals are back; I'm a total newbie when it comes to leading raids and I don't intent to keep this position for all eternity.

This weekend, aside of being a bit on short notice, I don't have much time. I have to recheck how next weekend works out; afterall there were some questions already about any upcoming raids!

Now, next and likely most important question is, what do we want to raid? I can pick up the thread from Tenchii, means next in the list is a hag raid (or maybe at least two, one for omni side, one for clan side?), but that's up to you all. If I find some time over this weekend I can put some "strategy overview" together. With the recent changes hags will cause us some headaches I'm sure of that.

Let the ideas/wishes roll in :D

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sun May 23, 2010 2:35 am

Sferykal wrote:Let the ideas/wishes roll in :D
It doesn't work like that my dear. They will never give you a hint about what they want to do :). It is up to you to figure it out, if you get it wrong you nobody joins your raid and you end up feeling stupid. You can imagine my pain when I tried to get people motivated to do the IS raid I was dreaming off.

But I am really happy that you give it a shot. I would say raid leading is the ultimate experience in the game. It can be more rewarding that anything, or more frustrating than anything. Everyone should aim to do it at least for a while. But nobody should let themselves to get stuck with it for ever. Good luck and post the date on forums so I can bring my doc or MP, I would not want to miss your raid :).
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200