Froobchat Raidleader Applications!

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Froobchat Raidleader Applications!

Post by Matammyr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:50 am

As some of you may have realized, very few members of the existing leadership from either tlfiveplus or froob200 are active, but we all have a craving to raid. So what's to be done? Open up recruitment for raidleaders!

What does this mean? Well, you will get the following:
  • Promotion to Raidleader status in the bot and on the forums
    Ability to use RL specific commands
    A responsibility to lead raids!
What do we look for in applicants? You must:
  • meet the raiding level requirements to join the bot (150+ I believe)
    demonstrate a great depth and breadth of game knowledge
    be familiar with, or be able to readily learn, all of the intricate nuances of the raids we do and how to be successful in leading them
    be able to schedule and lead raids regularly
    know how to use all the bot commands (including !spoon if we ever get that up and running)
    be able to effectively communicate in English
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, post about it here, or message either Carrion or me in game or send us a PM here on the forums.

We love you.

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Froobchat Raidleader Applications!

Post by Lusto » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:52 am

I would put the requirements little differently. These are the really vital requirements:

1) You are able to choose a random date and fix a time to start the raid.

2) You are able to be there at given date and time.

3) No matter how many join you, you make sure that some action happens that lets people push their limits.

4) You are willing to repeat this ever 2-4 weeks, preferably with constant schedule.

Optional but beneficial requirements are:

5) You are ready to bug docs, tanks and other vitals few days before. You try to make sure that you have essentials to make your group more or less successful.

6) You actually have a clue about the raid or target you are trying.

The thing is that being RL is all about reputation in long run. When you get the reputation that your raids are eventful, challenging and fun - then people flock in. If you get the reputation of not having tanks, or that your raids just don't happen, then only you fail. Knowing the raid is secondary, there is always some vets around who can advice you. Ask them for help. All of us vets have done behind-scenes RL by chatting with acting RL to advice them. Most of raids I lead were such that I never had even seen the boss before. It always went well as someone carried to group.

Being RL is the ultimate feat in MMORPG. If you have not done it, you have not mastered MMORPG.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:29 pm

I covered all that, just in fewer words. :D

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Consider that as free bumb ;-).
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:36 am

The only thing that counts is that you want and that you have a bit of time. Everything else you can learn :).

I'm tired of most stuff in AO, but raidleading I'd still like to do; it's quite fun.
[I don't have the time though: girlfriend takes up all my time in the weekends and during the week I only know if I get work a few days up front. And if I do have work it's either really early or really late and hard to combine with decent raiding-time.]
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Technium
Raidleader

Post by Technium » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:41 am

I think I might be able to arrange weekend raids once again now. Even though I can no longer play 24/7 like i used to, I am still free during weekends so there will be no problem hosting the raids. We can talk more IG cuz i need to be reminded of certain things that i forgot :D Which is commands, not game play ofc :P
Waste Technium Collector - Join Froobraid today!! \O/
Prototype Energium Nanofreak - Melee Energy Nano-mage defensive enf? You got it.

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:54 am

EDTA and Technium,

That's basically the problem that I have, and I'm pretty sure Carrion is in the same boat. You guys are old RLs and are welcomed to put together anything you like at any time you like. We need volunteers now who are willing to put together raids on a consistent basis, if not on an outright schedule.

For example, I don't have a lot of time on my hands either, but I am willing to lead Eel/Smug raids on a consistent basis, as they're pretty straightforward and not too time consuming and the loot is pretty good given the investment. I'd eventually like to be able to regularly have a whole set schedule where we can raid things much more time consuming on a regular basis. That all depends on volunteers stepping up though, otherwise we're stuck in this "when the RLs have time" mode which isn't too good for retaining or recruiting new members.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Matammyr wrote:EDTA and Technium,

That's basically the problem that I have, and I'm pretty sure Carrion is in the same boat. You guys are old RLs and are welcomed to put together anything you like at any time you like. We need volunteers now who are willing to put together raids on a consistent basis, if not on an outright schedule.

For example, I don't have a lot of time on my hands either, but I am willing to lead Eel/Smug raids on a consistent basis, as they're pretty straightforward and not too time consuming and the loot is pretty good given the investment. I'd eventually like to be able to regularly have a whole set schedule where we can raid things much more time consuming on a regular basis. That all depends on volunteers stepping up though, otherwise we're stuck in this "when the RLs have time" mode which isn't too good for retaining or recruiting new members.
Yeah, my point was that raidleading is awesome, but since I don't have time, other people should volunteer here :p.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Leothorn
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Leothorn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 am

I could add my name to the list ..but i mostly make impromptu raids cause there is no schedule for me iRL
and i cant predict when i have to work
200 Froob Neutral Nanomage Nanotechnician ..http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=182410
200 Froob Neutral Solitus Trader.................http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=184468
_25 Froob Neutral Atrox Trader .................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtytooOIeAw

Squad Commander : House Of Black Star
Trash King Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxMf-3SRCyU
Clan Modified A-4001 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVgll3o3A34
Jack Leg Chopper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q86lqBr ... e=youtu.be
Mantis Queen Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGjpDX-DhCc
Faezal Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0USc2l ... e=youtu.be