Recruitment!

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Recruitment!

Post by Matammyr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 am

Now that things are pretty much up and running, what are we going to do about recruitment?

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Re: Recruitment!

Post by tgjensen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 am

I think the easiest thing to do would be to write a little script that we can post to OOC, Dnet and Neutnet. Maybe appoint a handful of recruiters. Neutrals would be easiest for posting to both sides, but not really a requirement. We experimented a bit with this on RK1, but never really got our acts together enough to get anywhere with it. But I think the idea is solid enough.

We should advertise ourselves not just as a raidbot, but as a place to meet other high level froobs and do any sort of activity though. I wouldn't mind seeing more team missions for example, and for that we need a crowd that is more active on a daily basis. My initial impression is that you RK2'ers are just as much a bunch of AFK'ers as we RK1 people are ;)
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 am

I think advertising is a good idea, but we should be careful to avoid people feeling spammed. Like, don't advertise when you or somebody else already advertised in that channel in that area in the last 30 min or something. And don't do neutnet/dnet/channel - advertising at the same time.

More effective, but more work intensive may be to check people's profile, judge if they are a froob and level 100+ and have a chat with them.

Tell people when advertising (whatever method you use) we are a froob bot where level 100+ can chat and find teams and where 150+ can also do raids.

If nobody else makes a script, I'll make one when I have time.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 am

To me the best recruitment method was always running team missions with pickup teams. One mission already tells a lot if someone is good addition to the bot. Quality over quantity with this one though.

One cool idea to advertise could be to organize Froob Wall of Buffs. Gather all main professions in Borealis or Newland City and provide free buff service for one hour. The site can be marked with service towers and pets with descriptive names. Best effect would be of it could be recurring, say gather it every Friday for one month.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:35 am

I agree that we should be very careful to not be too spammy. I also agree we should promote ourselves as a community and not just a raidbot. A place where you can meet other high level froobs, discuss and learn things about the game, team for missions, ect.

Prior to merge I made a single neutnet message about recruiting. I think I got two people from it, which is good, but I also got a tempban from neutnet (What else is new?).

I think just trying to pick up froobs one by one we encounter is going to be too slow, and we're going to miss a lot of people. By all means, if you see someone who is a froob and in the right level range, recruit them, but that can't be our only option.

I like the buff wall idea.

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Lusto wrote:To me the best recruitment method was always running team missions with pickup teams. One mission already tells a lot if someone is good addition to the bot. Quality over quantity with this one though.
Afaik, everybody is allowed to join us as long as they are froob and the right level. So I don't see why you have to look at how good they are in a mission before recruiting them.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm

How are they ever going to get better if we don't whip them into shape?

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

I was working on a script months ago for promoting f200, but abandoned it when I took a break. The goal I had with mine was not exactly to promote/spam with it, but instead to provide an informative script with links to people, bots and here for more information on the group. I had planned on using it to inform people I had already talked to. I likely don't have a copy anymore, but could remake a replacement fairly easily. If scripts for recruitment of any kind are going to be a popular thing, it would be worth while to set up a thread for them where you post the code with a screenshot of the script, so others can use them. Would be willing to help promote when I'm on and I like the idea of the buff wall. Would be willing to supply most prof's as needed.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 am

mortem wrote:Would be willing to help promote when I'm on and I like the idea of the buff wall. Would be willing to supply most prof's as needed.
The idea of buff wall is not to have one person to stand there with 10 alts. The idea is to tempt people to come to see you, and then have social and fun bunch of people standing there helping others. So the less alts there are the better. It should be little bit noisy, a lot of fun, few duels going in the background, everyone with inspect allowed and such.

You could think it as a public "org" meeting for the froob raid community.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 pm

The idea of buff wall is not to have one person to stand there with 10 alts.
I'm quite aware of this, sorry for not being clear. I have a lot of alts that could provide buffs as needed. I assume if it was to be done, there would be at least one person of each prof, possibly several, with as many different people as we can get together to show how much of a community we have. There's little reason to have one person with 8 alts logged to show how cool we are. All that says is 'I have a lot of alts, join us'.

If we had enough people, we could also totally have one group in bor, one in rome and one in OA. this suggestion brought to you by hershesquirt, who is too lazy to log on.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

squishy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by squishy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Not too lazy to log on, just thought that paying rent today would be a good idea.
Main toons: Toosquishy omni nm Nano-Technician, Hershesquirt omni opi Bureaucrat, Squishy Neut nm Trader
former General of The Soul Society
former General of ~TwiZtiD~
Froobin' since Dec 04

pooo
Fresh
Fresh

Post by pooo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Lusto wrote:To me the best recruitment method was always running team missions with pickup teams.
This. Although that worked well when team missions happened more than once a month (year ? :S). I'd love to see more RK team mission action going on, now that there are a few more players around after the merge. If we can get team missions running regularly, inviting people from lft, OCC and neutnet/dnet, it would be a good way to advertise, as well as revitalize RK.
RK 2 - Rimor Citizen

Thornee 200 Fixer
Darla TL5 Trader
Toudoux TL5 Enforcer