[FOR REAL NOW] HELLCOM/TARA ACCESS FOR OMNI/NEUT FROOBS

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

[FOR REAL NOW] HELLCOM/TARA ACCESS FOR OMNI/NEUT FROOBS

Post by Matammyr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 am

I wasn't sure what section to make this thread in, so feel free to move it. Someone please sticky it as well.

I want to preface this entire post with this statement:
  • :dontknow: That's the way they want it, I don't know why dude.
As some of you may know, you guys got Hellcom access now, beginning at level 195, for the sole purpose of raiding Tara. If you want Hellcom access (and I stress I am not kidding about this):

1. You must have logged into the game at some point post-merge.

2. Post your toon's (min. level 195) name before merge and if it was changed, what it is now after merge here in this thread, including profession and level, as well as any alts you'd like to register on Hellcom (I suggest only alts you plan to bring to loot stuff at Tara, and by default that means TL4 or higher, must give pre and post merge names if different, exact level, and profession as well).

EDIT: Please let me know which of your toons are Omni and Neut as well.

3. I have to manually take this list of names, and post them on omnihq.

4. If everything checks out, you will be added to Hellcom.

OTHER STUFF

If you're clan.
  • I don't think you guys have any idea what you're even doing, let alone me. Any info on this would actually be welcomed, but I'm pretty sure you're safe.
What if I'm Omni/Neut and have Clan alts?
  • No, you don't.
..but what if I have Clan alts?
  • No, you don't.
What is Hellcom?
  • It's a bot that does everything pvp/raid related on RK1. RK2 Omni have decided to go with this system for merge. We're only there to raid Tara
Will my Taratime points transfer?
  • Yes, and they're actually being doubled for everyone on RK2 because RK1 gets points for everything, not just Tara.
What if I have a paid alt and a froob main?
  • :happy2: Congratulations! :happy2: Now you have a paid main, and a froob alt. As far as Hellcom is concerned, anyway. I'd imagine if your paid account is active, they'd want you to bring this one to Tara.
Why is this such a big deal?
  • To my understanding, while froobs were somewhere between "loved" and "barely tolerated" on RK2, RK1 saw you, well, let's say not favorably. Make no mistake, we're on very thin ice, so expect some hate, and I'd advise you to not be in the bot all the time (Only for Tara. This bot has a lot of spam in it, so I doubt you'd want to be anyway), don't ever go AFK at Tara, listen to orders, behave, don't slack, die with dignity, ect. You know, the basic stuff. This was always the case on RK2, but I think the froob/paid interaction on RK1 was much more limited, so I think they're expecting you to show up in ICC starter armor and asking stupid questions all the time. I don't know, just do your duty and you'll be fine.
I'm new/from RK1 and I've never been to a Tara raid.
  • Message me or any of the other RK2ers in game and we'll give you the tour and what the orders mean and so on and so forth.

steropes
Rookie
Rookie

Re: [tentative] HELLCOM/TARA ACCESS FOR OMNI/NEUT FROOBS

Post by steropes » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:00 pm

I just wanted to a massive thank you again Mata for helping resolve all of this.
I did suspect it would go a bit pete tong when it actually came to the merge, but hopefully it'll be all good as long as froobs that attend continue to remain exemplary members of the bot.
It is greatly appreciated that you put time and effort into dealing with what was a reasonably hostile situation for a while, for the benefit of all omni and neut froobs!
:notworthy:
:happy2:

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Please, I could not have done this without all the support I got from unexpected places. I'm grateful to all those that stepped up. I just have one question.
steropes wrote:go a bit pete tong
:?:

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Matammyr wrote:Please, I could not have done this without all the support I got from unexpected places. I'm grateful to all those that stepped up. I just have one question.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Tong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Second paragraph of the intro text. :p
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm

steropes
Rookie
Rookie

Post by steropes » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:29 am

Matammyr wrote:Please, I could not have done this without all the support I got from unexpected places. I'm grateful to all those that stepped up. I just have one question.
I just wanted to clarify quickly that it was indeed remiss of me not to express my thanks to all those involved in the discussions; I am extremely grateful to all those that stepped up, both froob and paid, and on both sides of the discussion because a reasonable outcome was reached.
On reflection 'hostile' was not really fitting either, uncomfortable would probably have been more apt. And again, perpetuated by both paid and froob people at times.

My use of the phrase 'pete tong' is likely a clear example that I had not really considered the structure or language used in my post! It had been a long day at work and I was happy to read your post (thanks for the explanation EDTA).
You played a large part in representing the community in the discussions though, and I simply wanted to express my thanks for that.

Finally, your last post seems pretty clear enough to me; if it be six a-bong it's 18:00 and so it's probably time for most of them to finish work and head directly to the pub for a pint of ale, hence their excitement ;-)

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:58 pm

:heart:

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: [FOR REAL NOW] HELLCOM/TARA ACCESS FOR OMNI/NEUT FROOBS

Post by Rain » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:22 am

From tentative to for real now? Woah =D>
Let's get this started:
Jensenberg - Crat - 200
Odeleder - Trader - 200
Smierc - MA - 199
Weylanyutani - Enfo - 198
All Omni.
Last edited by Rain on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 am

Even when it was "tentative" we were in! It just happened to be an extremely small number of RK2ers who were registered on omnihq prior to the merge, for the most part.

Tazer
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tazer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Rain wrote:From tentative to for real now? Woah =D>
I noticed that as well :P

Tazerman level 200 Engineer omni
.:: : Tazerman 200 / 00 / 00 : Soli Engineer : Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi
.:: : Tazers 200 / 00 / 00 : Soli Agent : Squad Commander of Torchwood
.:: : Tazerdoc 200 / 00 / 00 : NM Doctor :

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Are we posting here or somewhere else?

since it seems to be here:
Gnome, 200 Fix | Corpus 200 MP
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Yep, until a better system is worked out, and I sincerely hope it is, you post them here.

fattyheals
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fattyheals » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Fattyheals, 200 Doc/Alaboomboom, 165 MA/ Winterswrath, 200 NT/ Mongomanic 200 enfo/ littledrain, 138 trader

All Omni

teeko
Flagged
Flagged

Post by teeko » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Welcome to all the former rk1 froobs finally being allowed to do tara raids :) And don't worry if hellcom people give you crap, they give us paid players crap too. Just try not to give it back to them, thats a right only us paying people get :S It has been a truly great spectacle watching this all play out and big kudos to matammyr for the amount of work/time/negotiations I know he spent on this. Even though some of you guys feel like second class citizens sometimes, keep in mind just because were paid, doesn't make us all think that way. :) Most of us from rk2 still continue to defend froobs in hellcom regularly.

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Go to sleep Teeko! :D