Bot discussion

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
Etheryal
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Bot discussion

Post by Etheryal » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 pm

small update:

- !online <prof> no longer counts and shows IRC people
- 1.5hr grace period added to Join this raid/Leave this raid/Start this raid links: been noticing that we usually start "gathering" at the time described in the posts, and raiders can no longer join in via normal methods.
- When a raid is running !topic gets set in froobchat to reflect so with a link to !join in. Player logging in -> joining froobchat will then see this topic regarding the ongoing raid. When the raid is over, the !topic will revert itself to it's previous state. (Updating Edta's feature suggestion to done)
- Bot will now warn you to take !leader before clicking to "Start this raid". I realize this is kind of clunky (to have to perform some seemingly arbitrary and meaningless command before doing something else), but in an atmosphere where we agreed anyone should be able to raid, this will prevent curious, click-happy raiders from accidentally spamming up the channel with raid-start text and getting the bot to spam raid-channel invites (and serves as a way for the bot to differentiate between people who are clicking around in !events versus a person who is seriously trying to get something going), since they will have needed to publicly run !leader beforehand. I don't think you can call a raid-start an "accident" after that point.
Etheryal - 200 NT
LegendMP - 200 MP
LegendCrat - 200 Crat
LegendDoc - 200 Doc
LegendFixer - 200 Fixer
LegendTrader - 200 Trader
LegendEngy - 200 Engy
LegendTank - 200 Enfo
LegendFu - 170ish MA
...and too many lowbie toons/twinks to list

To Nuke or Not to Nuke. That is the question.

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Have a suggestion for a few rule, since it seems it could be useful. All members joining the bot with a paid must register their paid as an alt of their main froob, or their froobs as an alt of the paid. Maybe the same for lowbies as well. Seems a little weird to me to have random paids in chat with no alts registered.

Possibly extend to simply all alts that join the bot must be registered to a main
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

pooo
Fresh
Fresh

Post by pooo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:45 pm

mortem wrote:Have a suggestion for a few rule, since it seems it could be useful. All members joining the bot with a paid must register their paid as an alt of their main froob, or their froobs as an alt of the paid. Maybe the same for lowbies as well. Seems a little weird to me to have random paids in chat with no alts registered.

Possibly extend to simply all alts that join the bot must be registered to a main
I do like it when people have their alts registered, it helps to know who's who. So +1.
RK 2 - Rimor Citizen

Thornee 200 Fixer
Darla TL5 Trader
Toudoux TL5 Enforcer

Nedylene
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Nedylene » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Been thinking about joining. Got an level 186 froob enfo. Is the channel to join Froobchat or is it something else?
(In the first post it says you are trying to ge the account so thats why I'm asking)
RK1 - Atlantean
Lise "Gimpeline" Evergreen - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist Omni-Mining
Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Engineer Omni-Mining
Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood R.U.R
Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd Omni-Pol
Sweetrox Leveling Froob Enfo. Hoping to get him to 200 soon (LVL 183 and counting)
Proud member of LPA

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:11 pm

Yes it is. Just /tell froobchat !join and I believe you'll be made member automatically :)
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am

Please consider removing or reducing level restrictions for joining the bot chat channel. Why lockout new arrivals, they need help more than anyone else.

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 am

That's not the purpose of this bot.

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 am

repurpose the bot.

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:48 am

Between the existing player community, new player specific orgs, and the overflow of XP you get at low levels, I think new players are served well enough. This is a high level raid bot. To all of a sudden repurpose it as a high level raid bot and a new player bot is not so simple. This bot is a continuation of tlfiveplus and froob200, not a replacement for the old aofroobs bot.

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 pm

You may believe new players are well served but my experience with helping new and returning players begs to differ with that conclusion. This is your bot, do what you wish with it.

No harm, no foul.

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:34 pm

It's not my bot. It's not really anybody's bot. I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything, so sorry if it came off that way.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 am

Trappin wrote:You may believe new players are well served but my experience with helping new and returning players begs to differ with that conclusion. This is your bot, do what you wish with it.

No harm, no foul.
Hi there,

I do hope that last part is true, since in general, I think the aofroob community has always been very helpful and it is my hope that you have not been alienated by comments here. This bot (not mine either, mind you) is specifically the merger of the tplusfive and froob200 bots. From a former-RK1 point of view, the bot level restriction actually has been lowered from 175 to 150 as a result of the merger and the rebranding of this bot.

To be clear, the intention for this bot is to provide a service to facilitate froob-end-game raiding. Although help may be requested and offered by and to players with at least one TL5 or higher level character, that's not the purpose of this bot. (In fact, I was shocked(!) to see a level 212 shade in chat yesterday. I know we have relaxed that restriction, but still... )

You might be thinking of is the aofroob bot which provided a bot and a chat channel for the entire aofroob community which had no level restrictions, had no specific charter (eg. froob end-game raiding), and was formerly hosted by snarf. However, that bot unfortunately died (see this post). Your original suggestion, however, might be redirected to a different forum section asking the question whether someone is able and willing to host a bot for aofroob one again.

Until that time, Metammyr's suggestion that new players find themselves a good org is probably the most sound advice, which has always been a struggle. But now that the servers are merged, at least there isn't that "if only you were RK1/RK2, then you could join my org and I could help you..." problem.