Bot discussion

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Bot discussion

Post by EDTA » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 am

Any problems with the bot? Any requests for features for the bot? Ask here!

People (Idef, Etheryal and possibly others) are hard at work at setting the bot up at the moment. All related discussions are welcome in this topic!

We are still trying to get "Froobchat". If you have that character registered, please hand password and username to Idef. Unless you want to use that toon, but then please let us know!
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

pooo
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Bot discussion

Post by pooo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:10 pm

I would like the possibility for anyone to lead a raid using a !rl command. I think raid leading should be encouraged and restricting commands that are handy during raids is just a step in the wrong direction. Leading a raid shouldn't be a big deal.

I also think people are mature enough not to abuse this command, if it ever happens I think it should be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Edit : I should edit my sig, it's seriously outdated now :S
RK 2 - Rimor Citizen

Thornee 200 Fixer
Darla TL5 Trader
Toudoux TL5 Enforcer

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:25 pm

pooo wrote:I would like the possibility for anyone to lead a raid using a !rl command. I think raid leading should be encouraged and restricting commands that are handy during raids is just a step in the wrong direction. Leading a raid shouldn't be a big deal.
Everybody will be allowed to use most raidleader related commands I believe. Raidleader rank will mostly mean you regularly plan raids and we have more guarantee you act mature. I think the only extra commands would be !kick and !announce (sends a tell to everybody). For being on the internet, high level froobs in AO are indeed surprisingly mature, but since it's the internet and since we're open to everybody, that's still not going to be everybody :p.
RK2

Kasadya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kasadya » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:54 pm

I am curious to find out how things are coming along with the bot! :)

Any news from our bot-wizards?

Etheryal
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Etheryal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Heya long time no see. Copied mostly from the old/deprecated tl5+ forums, but slightly updated:

The stuff that needs doing bot-wise:
Chatbot:
(done) !raidinfo, !raidadd, !raidrem, !nextraid, !raidlist -> Check: !help raid ; !raid is interchangeable with !raids, and !events
(done) !announce - Send a message to all online members in a tell
(done) !raid_reminder - fires off reminder of upcoming raids once a day (starting a few days from raid) leading up to raid day, and then every couple hours on raid day
Forum-Bot Linkage (idef say's he's going to brainstorm the fate of this feature - signing up for raids from the website [outside of game] and viewing raidlist outside of game, among other things)

Raidbot:
(done) !c
(done) !loot_order, a different looting methodology for handling loot of equal value (ie. prisoner loot)
(done) raidlink - exporting player to raid channel, importing them back to chat channel on !raidend
(done]) doctor CH order, autodecting docs, autoremoving docs on death
(done) !nsd
(done) !tms
(done) !prisoners
(done) !raidguides
(done) !fans/!fan

Additional:
(not done) (From Lusto) Tag-names for players
(done) (From Edta) Notification in froobchat of on-going raid, and auto-lft
(done) (From Edta/Idef) IRC - we're on irc.funcom.com in #froobchat. Dont slack off at work though :wink:
Last edited by Etheryal on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Etheryal - 200 NT
LegendMP - 200 MP
LegendCrat - 200 Crat
LegendDoc - 200 Doc
LegendFixer - 200 Fixer
LegendTrader - 200 Trader
LegendEngy - 200 Engy
LegendTank - 200 Enfo
LegendFu - 170ish MA
...and too many lowbie toons/twinks to list

To Nuke or Not to Nuke. That is the question.

idef
Flagged
Flagged

Post by idef » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 am

I added tomorrows raid to the !events. That command needs some work, planning to fix it this weekend. I already had to increase the event_name field on database, it was limited to 25 characters... Also had to edit the description in database to get all the info in (ok that might have been a bit long).

I've disabled most of the purely expansion related commands so people keep that kind of discussion in minimum. Also towerwars related commands have been disabled, it's out of our scope and people who participate in them should have org bot that handles it.
Don't ask me, I just lurk here... and post mostly webdev stuff. What was this forum about again?
Idef 174 fixer / Badhorse 200 crat with the hat / Aidef 220/30/70 fixer (this one might be paid)

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Ok, I got a few requests:

- If a raid starts, have the bot say a link to join the raid bot. Also a way to go lft. so like: "Raid is starting! Join this raid." and then a window with 2 links, one to join Froobraid, another one to go "/lft Froobraid".

- If somebody joins froobchat, while a raid is going on, send them a notification that a raid is going on and the same link stuff as above.
RK2

Kasadya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kasadya » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:22 am

(17:19) [Froobraid] Froobraid: [Kasadya] has just casted CH. Next is [Themessia]
(17:19) [Froobraid] Froobraid: [Themessia] has just casted CH. Next is [Themessia]
(17:19) To [Froobraid]: !ch
(17:19) [Froobraid] Froobraid: [Kasadya] has just casted CH. Next is [Themessia]
(17:19) [Froobraid] Froobraid: [Themessia] has just casted CH. Next is [Themessia]

I think !ch is broken, slightly. Also I kinda want !chorder to work again as well!

Thanks almighty bot-wizards for your awesome help with this! :D

Themessia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Themessia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Themessia has just casted CH next is Medior
Medior has just cast CH next is Medior

Slack-detecion working as intended?
Themessia - NM Doc crawling to TL6
sh*tload of alts between lvl 3 and 87...

Etheryal
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Etheryal » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Yeah, I had to sit through that raid watching that go down -.- big apologies to Medior. I saw it happening, but could do nothing to fix it without seriously interrupting the raid. After the raid, while the channel was clear, I patched it up and it should be working ok now (I couldn't find any docs to help test things out, but I had my paid doc, so it worked out. Still would be nice to test with more than 2 docs). If it's not detecting people as docs and auto-adding them to the list, raid-!leader can force add them with:
!addch <name>
(raidleader also can use !remch <name> should the need arise, ie. a 2nd doc in a team dedicated (won't be ch'ing) to keeping a team of melees up (via team heals), or a team of CHing docs up, in the face of large aoes [ie. in the case of ian war, or some IS bosses]).

Docs can use !deadch to take themselves out of the list temporarily if they die. Next !ch you do will re-add you.

All this stuff is in the helpfile -> !help raidcommands. I encourage everyone to give it a read. Good stuff in there for MPs, Soldiers, raid-!leaders, docs.

As an aside, now that many of the core raiding commands are finally ported over:
For the [future] raidleaders out there:
The features/commands in the above post are mainly "convenience" commands. You are free to use or not use them.
Many raiders/raidleaders have found !nsd invaluable during IS / HI raids, and !ch (complete heal casted on tank) insanely good in high energy raids to give other docs a little extra confidence to rip out a !ch of their own, after seeing their compatriot(s) use theirs, instead of being scared of healing over other docs, or getting healed over. You may find those raid commands helpful and rely on them instead of having to micro-manage the raidchat, but you may be more of a hands-on person, so go with whichever style best suites you (all the raids have been done with and without the use of that stuff), but be aware of those 'tools' at your disposal (and how to use them) should you choose to employ them.
Etheryal - 200 NT
LegendMP - 200 MP
LegendCrat - 200 Crat
LegendDoc - 200 Doc
LegendFixer - 200 Fixer
LegendEngy - 200 Engy
LegendTank - 200 Enfo
LegendFu - 170ish MA

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Matammyr » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 am

I just noticed I don't have any kind of access to change topics or any such things.

Etheryal
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Etheryal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 am

Should be good to go now
Etheryal - 200 NT
LegendMP - 200 MP
LegendCrat - 200 Crat
LegendDoc - 200 Doc
LegendFixer - 200 Fixer
LegendEngy - 200 Engy
LegendTank - 200 Enfo
LegendFu - 170ish MA

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:48 am

I didn't realize until Friday that you can only sign up for one item at a time when it comes to rolling for loot. This seems a little counter-intuitive. Since I believe we're in agreement that there is no restriction on how many items you can win in a raid (other than a general rule of thumb of need before greed and showing consideration for each other), I don't see why you should be restricted to one item per kill, either. It might seem a little greedy to roll for two items at once, but it's effectively no different than rolling for them on different mobs. But if for example the one piece of Azure armor you're after drops from Nelly, should you then be restricted from rolling on the Anything, which everybody and their grandmother is after? It doesn't really seem fair.
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 am

tgjensen wrote:I didn't realize until Friday that you can only sign up for one item at a time when it comes to rolling for loot. This seems a little counter-intuitive. Since I believe we're in agreement that there is no restriction on how many items you can win in a raid (other than a general rule of thumb of need before greed and showing consideration for each other), I don't see why you should be restricted to one item per kill, either. It might seem a little greedy to roll for two items at once, but it's effectively no different than rolling for them on different mobs. But if for example the one piece of Azure armor you're after drops from Nelly, should you then be restricted from rolling on the Anything, which everybody and their grandmother is after? It doesn't really seem fair.
Hmm, I guess this is a rule that needs to be discussed. I didn't take it up in the default loot rules I gave on the forum, but more as something the raidleader can decide on. I am quite in favor of it though. It doesn't seem fair to me that 1 person can win 2 or more items while a lot of other people that also want stuff, are left empty-handed. Take in mind, the way we always did it: if nobody rolls on an item, there will be a second roll which will be a free win (so you can roll if you won something beforehand or you still have the option to win something with a regular roll afterwards if you win this).
I don't see why it would be fair to give the anything to somebody that already won something while there are others that also want it and didn't win something. I'm afraid I'm missing your point or simply disagreeing with it.
RK2

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 am

I suppose it comes down to an aversion to enforcing it, rather than encouraging it. If you simply remind people to take the other raiders' needs into consideration most people will do so. The few times someone has won 2-3 items in a raid a simple friendly suggestion to let others have their turn usually does the trick. That said, it can still warm my jaded old heart to see a newbie have the good luck of winning more than once.

I can also think of a few examples where I think only letting someone win one item could be punitive, namely in the case of rare drops. Say something that drops off a later HI champion (I've yet to see a mutated eremite leg or foetus drop, for example) - should you then be "forced" to hold off on your chance to win something until you've seen if that item drops or not? Or win something, just to see it drop and then not be allowed to roll for it unless no one else wants it? That would be quite frustrating on a 1/20 raids drop, personally.

That said, I can definitely also see where you are coming from, and I think letting the raid leader decide the looting rules is fine. In that case it is still up to the raiders to enforce the rules though, and right now the flatroll settings are so that you can only win one item per kill. That wouldn't permit me to allow multiple wins unless I wanted to roll items individually (which I don't - we used to do that on RK1, but this flatrolling system is so much sleeker). If there is anyway that setting can be toggled on and off then I'd be happy with that.
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer