Forum discussion and ranks and stuff

Discuss strategy in the command tent, exhibit your pictures in the trophy case, inscribe your conquers in the victory monument, have a chat, ... anything that's not a raid goes here.
mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Forum discussion and ranks and stuff

Post by mortem » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:43 pm

I'd be fine with starting something like this. Would be fun, but what I want opinions on most is how to best present the information, what way would most readable, most editable and best presented? A single thread for everything? A thread for every different target? One thread for everything with a post for each target? Something else entirely? Also, is there a max character count per post?
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

At one side there is presenting all the information we do have, at the other side there is also discussing the strategy, especially for those targets that we didn't tackle yet. If you want the latter, it would best be in a different sub-forum, which I don't mind making. However, tlfiveplus did have such a sub-section on the forum, but it wasn't used very often. Few targets were discussed in there and nobody ever posted in there. That is why I didn't make one this time. And I figured this stuff could also go in general, err "campment". One topic with 1 post per raid-target seems like it may work better. Discussing new strategies could go in a separate topic or in the topic announcing the raid in Battlefield; it won't need to be done very often since for nearly all targets we have a working strategy.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:22 pm

What I was leaning towards was a whole section to go along side the encampment and battlefield that would be just for strategies. Writing up a quick list of targets, I came up with around 20-25 different ones. Each having their own thread would take up a bit of space, and mixing it with the 'general' section might make things a little cluttered.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

mortem
Flagged
Flagged

Post by mortem » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Spent some time thinking about how it would be best done and starting to compile a bit of info. I count roughly 20 targets that would require a force of one team or more. I also have roughly 20 pieces of info that I've deemed useful, between boss name and level to boss nano's cast and good crat charms, and some space for commentary on such topics as tips for pulling, tanking and healing, as well as 'THINGS NOT TO DO', describing those simple things that will, or have, lead to a swift wipe or bugging the boss back to full health.

As for presentation, I agree now with the idea that it would be best done with each raid as a separate thread. This would allow for easy commentary, presentation and access. Better than my 'all in one thread' idea in my previous post. As for having it in its own section, I think it would be worth it. As you said, we have a working strategy for most targets, so there wouldn't be much ongoing discussion for most raids, just small edits here and there after getting an established knowledge base, but is that a bad thing? If we have a working strategy for a boss, and a nice list of information regarding the boss, adds and anything else we need, what more discussion would we want? If someone thinks they have a better way of doing something, sure, lets discuss it. But I was thinking more towards a reference page with the option of discussion, rather than a discussion thread with some info. Also, will having it in the encampment section actually make a topic more discussed?

If a separate section was established, it should not be just raid locations. It should be open for submissions for other topics, such as holding aggro/tanking in raids, proper pulling - including what items/nano's/prof's to best pull with, tips for being a RL, and anything else useful that isn't tied to a specific raid.

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm

I would first let it go like it is, so that each raid has its own thread where discussion happens. For future raids we can refer to old ones first, and if some gold standards raise we can open raid guide thread where we gather the info. This also serves to boost activity on the forum, encourage people to ask questions and contribute their know-how and so on.

Trivia question:
Who can tell me what are the AC holes for each Merc? (Those holes are big enough for 220 MA to benefit significantly. At least enough to nag me for mentioning it only when the mob was at 30%.)
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:51 am

The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot