2HE
6%

Total votes: 32

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:31 am

>.<
ignore that rings info... so sorry about not knowing it. I use the blind ring but not the DoT as I raise alot of SI. (I do not think I can use it if it needs 850 BM) :p

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:18 pm

It seems like with the right equipment and selfbuffs you can cast all RK-nanos without relying on buffing weapons at level 200, NM doc (dunno about other races, will be harder/impossible for them I guess :P). This includes some nodrop stuff from raids, but is still within borders of being doable, compared to silly drops like the GPH. I will post the setup-idea soon.

That opens up the possibility of a weapon, but the damage will be low regardless what you do. Not even at full agg the damage will get even close to other professions, they will deal way more damage (estimated ~40%+ more, that includes running the two best DoTs as a doc).

So well, maybe Maw then, or Krutt or dunno ... have to get a real setup to make a decision, but I will probably stick with ranged weapons. *shrugs*

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:25 pm

As a doctor, you AR is 1/8 after 1k. :p Your damage will primarily comes from DoTs and RK DoTs by far is really good. Good luck with your doctor :)

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:37 pm

Axela wrote:As a doctor, you AR is 1/8 after 1k. :p Your damage will primarily comes from DoTs and RK DoTs by far is really good. Good luck with your doctor :)
could you explain this to me? i dont understand what you mean 1/8? you mean for every AR point above 1000 it has only 1/8 effect? if so how do you know this and also what sense would that make? docs have hard enough problem with AR why would they gimp you to hell and back like that?.

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Ah thats the AR above 1000 calculation.
For support professions like doctors, mp etc, its 1/8 if I do not recall wrong. For traders is 1/6 as traders are medium DD.
For most DD professions, its 1/3 (MA, Agent, Keeper etc.)

*edit*
I cant find where I get the exact figures from!!! >.<
I read them somewhere a few times and its been mentioned in chats and stuff. Anyways, AR over 1K is implemented after patch 15 if I recall right. It affects every profession. The divisor affects different profession
I know trader is 1/6, primarily DD classes are 1/3 and 1/8 for nano casters.
These figures are based on players who experiment and tested it out. Its just a rough guide.

That is why, a soldier a trader and a doctor with the same amount of skills wielding a same ql weapon, does different amount of damage. It is the solution FC come up with to balance the professions.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:29 pm

AR over 1k ... :roll: We can do happy flipovers if we reach 900 AR; the setup I was thinking about (neutral froobie NM doc, TL6+) has an AR of like 830..840 selfbuffed, using shotguns.

But yes, the damage calculation is affected by a couple things. First comes the MBS (max. beneficial skill), which hardcaps the skill used for damage calculations, and then the 1k AR soft-cap, where all the points beyond that get divided by a profession specific amount (1/2, 1/3 and 1/6 are the numbers I read about, maybe 1/8 exists, too *shrug*). For example, soldiers have 1/3, means with 1900 AR you get actually 1300 for damage calculations. Using an Augmented Hellfury you have a MBS of 1200, thus your 1900 will be reduced to 1200 first, and then these 200 over 1k get divided by 3, leaving you with an effective damage AR of 1066. For non-damage checks (i.e. hit-miss-chance, crit-chance? etc.) AR counts into 1:1 without any caps.

(EDIT: added link to setup)
Last edited by Sferykal on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:49 pm

OMG. yet another mistake I made thinking that doctors may get over 1k AR >.<

Maybe when teamed with a trader that does 132 wrangles or 146 umbrals at level 200 might just let you hit over 1k :p (hehe that is something that won't happen much anyways so ignore me :p)

Picsel
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Picsel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:21 am

You wont need vest, shades of lucubration and reanimators cloak to cast best nanos... Btw Pistols are nice choice because there are many buffs for pistols (engi, soldier, trader...) so if you have engi in team your AR will increase very much. And engis are more common than traders.

Btw froob docs can OD froob soldiers... You get a lower AR, but with the combination of dots and weapon, you will be doing more damage than soldier.

Edit: And yeah, you could also get +nano skills figurine in utils1... And you could also get (but its really hard) Molybdenum armor for more nano skills and HP.
GPH is easy doable if you are omni on RK2 atm (or clan on RK1 I think)... Even easier than proactive armor if you dont have much friends :)
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Picsel - Omni NT 200 - Froob
Equip - Pvp

hellscream
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hellscream » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:15 am

omni-armed forces pants definetly a better option coz it adds 10 BM ... compared 2 BM of the biodome armor

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:40 am

Picsel wrote:You wont need vest, shades of lucubration and reanimators cloak to cast best nanos...
I was talking about all nanos, selfbuffed. Maybe I'm totally wrong or went blind by messing around with too much numbers :cool: I'm going to throw the setup into a skillemulator; I just did rough estimations by looking at the numbers.
Picsel wrote:Btw Pistols are nice choice because there are many buffs for pistols (engi, soldier, trader...) so if you have engi in team your AR will increase very much. And engis are more common than traders.
Yes. But your options in regard to viable damage dealing pistols are very limited.
Picsel wrote:Btw froob docs can OD froob soldiers... You get a lower AR, but with the combination of dots and weapon, you will be doing more damage than soldier.
That's a thing I want to see first with my own eyes. I usually use a 300 sec (5 min) frame to check into the damage, and a soldier will do 300k and more damage in that time. DoTs will do 42k, leaves roughly 260k to get on par with a soldier.
Picsel wrote:Edit: And yeah, you could also get +nano skills figurine in utils1...
Ohh nice. +4 to all nano skills. Thanks for the hint :)
Picsel wrote:And you could also get (but its really hard) Molybdenum armor for more nano skills and HP.
Yes, that's an option. I wanted to make a setup which is realizable within the current context I play in (and another soon to be TL6 froobie doc as well). It depends on the TL7 players in our org (both armors, the TL5 and the TL6 one).
Picsel wrote:GPH is easy doable if you are omni on RK2 atm (or clan on RK1 I think)... Even easier than proactive armor if you dont have much friends :)
I'm neutral. GPH is virtually nonexistant for me.
hellscream wrote:omni-armed forces pants definetly a better option coz it adds 10 BM ... compared 2 BM of the biodome armor
See above. Besides BM is not really a problem, unless you have a 'weird' implant setup which requires you to buff it otherwise. The problems are the other nanos like DoTs, debuffs, HP buffs, HoTs and the best team grid nano.

Picsel
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Picsel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 am

Was lazy to quote... Anyway... Neutrals get to raid tara with omnis and they have same rules as omnis so you can win GPH no problem (on RK2... Dont know the situation on RK1. If you are on RK1, move to RK2 :P We have cookies :D).

All nanos... Well you dont really need all of them to be good... For example, best grid nano wont really affect your gameplay but it requires very high nano skills... You will have no problem on casting best heal... UBT will be a little harder but at tl6 its not a problem and you wont need all that items.

About pistols... There are really great pistols for froobs... I really like mine (signature) and I think I do OK damage with them. And I have seen MANY times soldiers getting ODed by doc...
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Equip - Pvp

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:07 pm

Picsel wrote:Was lazy to quote... Anyway... Neutrals get to raid tara with omnis and they have same rules as omnis so you can win GPH no problem (on RK2... Dont know the situation on RK1. If you are on RK1, move to RK2 :P We have cookies :D).

All nanos... Well you dont really need all of them to be good... For example, best grid nano wont really affect your gameplay but it requires very high nano skills... You will have no problem on casting best heal... UBT will be a little harder but at tl6 its not a problem and you wont need all that items.

About pistols... There are really great pistols for froobs... I really like mine (signature) and I think I do OK damage with them. And I have seen MANY times soldiers getting ODed by doc...
Well, having dumped the numbers into an skillemu it seems it's not possible to cast UBT, still. Lacks 5 points, with boosts 2 (which you can throw in by using the Figurine). That setup uses QL200 implants, though, so there is still some room for improvement.

About the pistols: I'm not sure if I want to spend IPs into 4 weapon skills.

On RK1 the Clanners are holding Tara as far as I know. The relationship between neutrals and clanners is a bit problematic at times ...

Soldiers getting ODed by docs. Do you have any damage dumper numbers? Are we talking about froobie docs and soldiers here? There is a difference between having aggro and ODing, too. It's not like that it didn't happen yet on my soldier, but this doc was SL and AI enabled, used AI armor and some burst weapon and lacked the team grid nano in the end :roll:

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:53 pm

Sferykal wrote:...It's not like that it didn't happen yet on my soldier, but this doc was SL and AI enabled, used AI armor and some burst weapon and lacked the team grid nano in the end :roll:
Ahmm... If the doc was using an MBC, he's got a decent chance of ODing a soljah in a long fight - Peren or no peren. Seen it happen, and that thing is just ev0l.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:51 pm

Sferykal wrote:On RK1 the Clanners are holding Tara as far as I know. The relationship between neutrals and clanners is a bit problematic at times ...
Indeed, much neutral hate. Then again, based on past experiences I understand. I just dont understand how some Clan people still today complain that Neuts team/raid with Omnis - um duh? Clanners block neuts from every bot (Tnet, Apfbot, etc) and of course they have nowhere else to raid but with the Omnis, because Clan orgs would just steal any raid from a Neut if they really wanted. Literally taking candy from a baby. I don't have any neut h8 really, because I've played every side extensively.

Picsel is right though, you're not going to need all that +nano skill equip. I believe pre-SL my RL friend was a 200 NM in like May 2003 and he used a RoP (or PoP - the non Advy flagged version) and a SOL-K91 or 94.. forget which. He did pretty nice damage while using DoTs as well. Plus no Refined imps? Even a little extra boost from QL210-225s would be a great help.
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Picsel
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Picsel » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:55 am

Sferykal wrote: Soldiers getting ODed by docs. Do you have any damage dumper numbers? Are we talking about froobie docs and soldiers here? There is a difference between having aggro and ODing, too. It's not like that it didn't happen yet on my soldier, but this doc was SL and AI enabled, used AI armor and some burst weapon and lacked the team grid nano in the end :roll:
It was from damage dumper but I dont keep logs... I will post it if I get in team with froob soldier and froob (damage) doc... If I dont ding 200 before that ;) And this is at higher levels... Dont know at lower but I think soldiers are OKish before. But a good doc will OD them no problem at higher levels (at least assault rifle soldiers).
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Equip - Pvp