19%
2HE
6%

Total votes: 32

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:51 pm

hellscream wrote:lol ... when u shoot while kiting there is the line-of-sight problem .. so u shoot lesser number of times . meele u can hit a mob from back also , anyday kiting with meele weps is beter than with ranged...
The only way some professions can kite lvl 240-260+ bosses in Inferno is by kiting and using the Line of Sight "bug" to their advantage. Kite and use obstacles to get in your way for that extra time to not get hit, heal up, whatever. Its much easier doing that while using a ranged weapon, but both are viably easy to kite with. That was just an example from the top of my head, but the same can be said for any Unique on RK
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

GuardTek
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GuardTek » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:00 pm

I'm planning on a froob Maw doc.. is it a good option? :?

tweek
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by tweek » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:09 pm

you want a sapph bow why you ask?

You hit Cyborg Corporal for 13000 points of Aimed Shot damage.

thats at lvl 150 with as not even maxed only 950 as with ql 200 imps and ql250 scope

Tyranii
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tyranii » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:23 pm

GuardTek wrote:I'm planning on a froob Maw doc.. is it a good option? :?
Sure. Fling isnt a bad special, recharge isn't stellar though. Great, consistant damage though. Also a nice little PvP weapon and can also use an Ithaka for AS in PvP if you wish to really be active in PvP. Good weapon indeed.
Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
Panzerzus, 72/0 Omni Froob Atrox Enfrocer
Opitrade2, 45/0 Omni Froob Opifex Trader
Imatroxdoc, 44/0 Omni Froob Atrox Doctor

Paid toons:
Ruffixx, 220/30/64 Omni Opifex Fixer
Pugilius, 205/29/57 Omni Opifex MA
Vindicius, 189/16/45 Omni Atrox Enforcer
Medeor, 188/22/36 Neutral Solitus Doctor

Proud General of Obsidian Order

IHaveAHugeNick
Hardened
Hardened

Post by IHaveAHugeNick » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Tyranii wrote: Sure. Fling isnt a bad special, recharge isn't stellar though. Great, consistant damage though. Also a nice little PvP weapon and can also use an Ithaka for AS in PvP if you wish to really be active in PvP. Good weapon indeed.
So i think, it Maw may not be the best DD option, but its certainly one of the best, and you can easily swithch to Ithaka if you want to pvp.
Alcoydel 220 omni Engineer@RK1 .
stuff

when everything else fails, read the instructions :)

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:21 am

Now that I managed to reach the next step on my doc I will probably screw the Chalice over and use some weapons. The options are pretty limited, and considering the fact docs are running at a highly defensive, if not even full def setting, most weapons will also be slow on top of it. Maybe you can change to a more aggressive setting while soloing, but I don't see any reason in that at all (soloing I mean).

For ranged your options are more or less limited down to pistols and shotguns, while for melee you are best at 1hb and 1he. Martial arts is also an option with about the same max. possible skill as the others. Everything else lacks already in max. attainable skill, sometimes like 100+ less compared to the above skills. Damage is useless if you can't hit, and the AR of docs is low enough already.

Anyway, for me being a doc comes first. This means everything nano related has highest priority (e.g. I'd like to use all possible nanoskill clusters). Furthermore, most if not all damage dealing weapons don't add to nanoskills, and I'm still far from being able to cast all heal-related nanos selfbuffed. Infact I fear certain nanos will be impossible to cast without getting buffed by a MP; UBT is maybe such a candidate, for example (you need ~200 more on top of the base skill at 200, at 150 you need even ~300; this includes implants, equipment and buffs).

Exactly that's why I'm not yet sure what I will do; current idea is to use pistols for buffing nano skills with the option to use SOL K-91s in case I ever want to solo. PvP is out of question for multiple reasons.

Kesher
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Kesher » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:29 pm

edit: can't seem to get that Abyssal Desecrator on a nano mage yet.
Last edited by Kesher on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:55 am

I did some prototyping and came up with a small reference table about weapon skills on a level 200 NM doc. This excludes special attacks, as well as other equipment which you may want to use (armor, utils, ...). I think it speaks for itself ...

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:27 am

Do consider if you prefer to be melee or ranged. Being nanomage, there is bound to be cases you have to stay as far back as possible. Esp when in merc raids for example where one of them nuke. Going melee might not help. Also in falls into your preference, like for me, I like ranged more :p

If you are going to use pistols, some one them do requires flingshot which you will have to raise. You might just want to stick with pistol as you will not be soloing much as you mentioned. Even if you change your mind, all you need to do is to raise only shotgun to use the maw. For the damage output of the maw, it is rather cheap (considering you already raise flingshot for pistols) Another reason for going shotgun would also be you need not worry about multi range or multi melee as these 2 are one of the hardest to obtain w/o using IP.

Now if you mention about you may go for buffing pistols, and with OET Pelastio offering 20 Intelligence, its a good choice but it has a 700ish multirange :/
A good alternative if you go the shotgun route is the Waltzing Queen Special which gives you 24 Int and easier to get on. Plus it is a weapon which has amazing criticals and a cool factor look :p

As you can see, I am bias towards shotgun lol but all my points are for information purposes and how I see it. In the end, its not about the me, its about how you want to fight, grow, experience and play your toon.

Kesher
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Kesher » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:36 am

edit: can't seem to get that Abyssal Desecrator on a nano mage yet.
Last edited by Kesher on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

hellscream
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hellscream » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:00 am

first of all i see no point in rolling a NM doc ... if ur gona lvl him up to higher lvls ... and abyssal desecrator is a very good weapon, almos the best 2he a froob can get.

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:55 pm

I created a more complete list for all those interested. It includes the other races now.
hellscream wrote:first of all i see no point in rolling a NM doc
I still have no idea what all this NM "hate" is about. I've read through the official forums and stumbled over it many many times. Their arguments might be valid, but that includes having SL and access to the 20 levels on top of 200. Froobies don't have perks, froobies lack the boost in abilities beyond 200, froobies don't have an insane amount of nanoskill boosting equipment.

Compared to a Solitus NMs have about ~800 HPs left (barebone), but ~1200 nano energy more. Docs live and die with their nanopool; even worse the whole team they are with does so in many cases. How often have I run out of nano and then the whole team died one after another (including me). The reasons for running out of nano are irrelevant here, lets just say it happens now and then. Having a bigger nanopool makes the difference then.

Now lets look at two nice items, just for example: The Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones and Shades of Lucubration. Latter one is an easy to get replacement for the GPH. I love being a NM doc!

Anway, about the combat stuff I'm not yet sure about. For soloing melee and ranged doesn't matter much, because I normally go head on into fights and either die trying or kill the thing (or run). I was thinking along the same lines, Axela, in regard to pistol, flingshot and shotgun for using Maw if I need some damage. But first comes the doc stuff, and for that I will have to check certain setups. The more nanos I will be able to cast self-buffed, the better. I fear I may run out of IPs, though, that's why I need to do a look-ahead. I can post an update about my research once I have finished it.

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:18 am

Considering that you are Nanomage and what items that is available for you w/o expansions, you should not have any problems esp if you manage to get hold of the shades and vest. Nanoskills wise, you can be sure you will be able to selfcast every single nano. The only problem you may have if you are dotting is the nano, which will affect you least. At 200, your nano delta depends on psychic and bodydev. The latter determines the amount of nano while the psyhic determines the speed. at 800ish (821??) psychic you are already getting 2 sec ticks :) What is left is to get the Azure breastplate which mods nano cost and you are all ready for dotting and healing at your best :)

Now for you being NM and its hp, its best you avoid melee really :p
Nothing wrong with being a NM as it benefit the profession most for froobs like you have mentioned. Get hold of the DoT and Blind ring in IS. Extra dot and blind plus your own DoTs standing as far back as your range weapon can hit the way to go. Leave those melee weapons alone :p I would.

(Most melee doctors are with expansions anyways)

hellscream
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hellscream » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:44 am

the rings from IS need huge amount of nano skills, dont think a froob doc selfbuffed can use them ...

Picsel
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Picsel » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:27 am

hellscream wrote:the rings from IS need huge amount of nano skills, dont think a froob doc selfbuffed can use them ...
They will be able to use DoT ring (850ish BM) but they wont be able to use blind ring I think (850ish SI is too much for froob doc)
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Picsel - Omni NT 200 - Froob
Equip - Pvp