Who's a doc's best friend?

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:43 pm

a shade.
or a enfo...provided said enfo knew not only what a mongo was, but also used it frequently.
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)

Shichiroji
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Shichiroji » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:52 pm

My doctor is often teamed with an engi, and we pwn :P Gets boring though, because all we do is send in the pet.

Generally I like pet classes when pairing because usually the pet can keep the damage off us both. Less work for the doctor.

Otherwise, Advs and MAs are good because they are good DDs and can heal, which can be invaluable if we are swarmed. Also Fixers due to HOTs and evades, and Enfos due to their ability to tank and bash.

crazylion
Flagged
Flagged

Post by crazylion » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:03 am

See I hate teaming with an engi, you cant heal the damn robot and the engi most of the time never even gets close to being hit, so you basically just stand there and hope his robot dies so their might be some action :twisted:.

Engi (and to a lesser extent MP) and obviously another Doc (unless they are uber twinked and sacraficed some skills to be better DD/tank) are probably the only two I wouldnt want to team with in a 2 person group. Everyone else has their own + and -.

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:42 pm

crazylion wrote:See I hate teaming with an engi, you cant heal the damn robot and the engi most of the time never even gets close to being hit, so you basically just stand there and hope his robot dies so their might be some action :twisted:.

Engi (and to a lesser extent MP) and obviously another Doc (unless they are uber twinked and sacraficed some skills to be better DD/tank) are probably the only two I wouldnt want to team with in a 2 person group. Everyone else has their own + and -.
True, but imagine you are low level char and you team with higher level engineer (higher meaning barely able to team with him and still gain xp) doing missions that engi bot can barely handle.

Let's say you're just out of TOTW and at level 60. You team with a level 83 engi (highest level you can team with) and he is able to cast 130 bot. Then you go on a mission QL130ish which the bot is able to handle pretty nicely. The engi will get crazy xp (trust me, I know) and I can't even imagine how good xp you will get.
If there's no xp cap I think you would get 50k+ (dunno how the xp scales with that big level difference. might be WAAAY more than that) per kill, and those will be quite fast kills.
Last edited by Lumikissa on Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

crazylion
Flagged
Flagged

Post by crazylion » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:50 pm

But your not even playing, your just standing there. I have nothing against powerleveling, but when your not even doing anything its a bit sad IMO...

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:55 pm

crazylion wrote:But your not even playing, your just standing there. I have nothing against powerleveling, but when your not even doing anything its a bit sad IMO...
It's really not too different from let's say having a highlevel enfo tank for you or having a highlevel pocket MP - If your only goal is to get as much XP as possible in as little time as possible, this is the best way to do it.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:07 pm

crazylion wrote:But your not even playing, your just standing there. I have nothing against powerleveling, but when your not even doing anything its a bit sad IMO...
i agree in that situation there is very little for the doc to do anyway as most eng's are'nt gonna be rushing in tanking the mob.

in 99% of all normal team situations enf is gonna be doc's best friend.. how offten do you hear the doc in the team say dump the enf get me a eng.

1. doc, 2. enf (eh maybe sol or ma).. the rest of us are expendable.

Lumikissa
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Lumikissa » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:09 pm

Tarradax wrote:
It's really not too different from let's say having a highlevel enfo tank for you or having a highlevel pocket MP - If your only goal is to get as much XP as possible in as little time as possible, this is the best way to do it.
That Enfo/MP doesn't gain anything for helping you, unless he's your dual-logged character in which case he doesn't lose his precious time. But still you gotta kill mobs yourself. 130 mob for lv50 char will take some time to kill. In the case of an Engi he will still gain the xp he would get while doing the same mission solo, except the fact that he shares the xp with you.
More effective and a win-win situation compared to Enf/MP helper.

EDIT: Not saying an Engi would be Doc's best friend; just pointing out that in some situations Engi might be useful.
RK2 OP TL4 Fixer 'Deschanel' in the making.

bakadeshi
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bakadeshi » Thu May 18, 2006 9:40 pm

agent.

or if you're lucky and feeling bored, shade :D
~RK1
Rubennib - 220 keeper
Gelitche - 174 agent
Rubedoc - 220 doctor
Darooses - 220 'crat
Argartri - 150 shade
Thankyou - 150 advy
Rooses - 151 keeper
itchuber - 37 trader (mule) (froob)
kellamic - 49 nt (froob)

Neut4ever
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Neut4ever » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:21 pm

Just joined aofroobs thats the cause of the great delay. About ga4 fixers ask them what they do even with good doc if they get highest mp nano debuff from a high lvl mp mob... (-2000 to all nano skills is likely to get their ga to 0%) :twisted:
That guide might be sarcastic, but I understand it could be a good strategy to not team with a doc that would team you without you asking her/him first just for click invite. In fact my doc does not team anyone fast, as I have a bodyguard :D And I guess most good docs have a bodyguard they always team with. My friend likes enfo anyway, and I prefer it most. If there are more mobs noone else can save my squisy little nm doc. Although if he has all the mobs I can heal and use rechargers quite good. We had same set up before, but with gimps. He had on lvl50 enfo the tradeskilled armor from island (yes, that badly gimps we were), still the two of us killed all but uklesh in totw. Doc+Enfo can do miracles. Mp comes handy to make doc able to use better nanos, but you can get that before mish/action.
Will write in a new topic about how I manage healing in teams for the sake of those whining about why I dont heal them to max hp all the time...
nt might be nice too. Can use aoe nukes that might steal aggro from doc. Only problem nt might not have the hp to survive it long enough at low lvls. With sl there are some nt nukes with nice aggro too :lol: It could come handy in nt+doc teams. Apart from that I understand why nt-s don't really use those :axe: Two of that top line could counter ch even in sl while from mongos one would need 3. But that is not about froobs. For froobs I have some doubts if nt can keep aggro from chain ch-ing doc :(
Now it is only 2 more billion creds to buy a city...

Neut4ever
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Neut4ever » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Just read that guide to team with a doc. Nice one :lol: Only problem I once met an nm ma who did exactly according to that :cry: It was in totw, and that fool trained got and all 3 of his bots along with some cultists and whatever on us (was a lvl30 gimpy enfo and moderately equiped doc in team). Only difference is he used "/tell"s to let other teammates know how noob I was as I did not heal all his scars immediately (I was able to heal him to full hp from nearly 0, so I did not cast it on him if he lost 1/8 to a single hit that he got instead of enfo). We had a engi (who left team in time) I did not know, but he told me as well that ma tells him I am a noob, and he does not agree with that. The enf was my friend. I like better if ppl tell I am noob on team ooc, and not behind me :( So only problem with that guide that some ppl might take it seriously.
Now it is only 2 more billion creds to buy a city...