Me as a Doc

Clintonio
Fresh
Fresh

Me as a Doc

Post by Clintonio » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:46 am

Well I choose the Doc proffession.
Does anyone else here think SMG and Assault rifle was a stupid weapon choice?
Also what implants do you all recommend? Current I have a treatment, First aid and some time space comp lit stuff bio met...
And I always get mobs attacking me when I sit for a nano increase which is annoying ^_^

hellscream
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hellscream » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:03 am

doc is the strongest froob profession after a GA fixer, any wep is fine for a doc though pistols do max dmg for docs ... and use imps for improving ur nano skills :D

Moneypenny
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Moneypenny » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 am

hellscream wrote:doc is the strongest froob profession after a GA fixer, any wep is fine for a doc though pistols do max dmg for docs ... and use imps for improving ur nano skills :D
I don't agree with doc being strongest, docs can survive (very) long, but the battle takes forever...
I do agree with the pistols and the imps.
(try to get a pair of CDR's, will take you to lvl 125-150 without someone laughing out loud...)

hellscream
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hellscream » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:20 am

Moneypenny wrote:
hellscream wrote:doc is the strongest froob profession after a GA fixer, any wep is fine for a doc though pistols do max dmg for docs ... and use imps for improving ur nano skills :D
I don't agree with doc being strongest, docs can survive (very) long, but the battle takes forever...
I do agree with the pistols and the imps.
(try to get a pair of CDR's, will take you to lvl 125-150 without someone laughing out loud...)
docs survive thats why they are strong ... whats the point of doing heavy dmg and visiting the reclaim every now and then ..

Clintonio
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Clintonio » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:34 am

Teaming is obviously a strong part of AO. Docs on their own are not too good IMO... But as a team me and my friends take mobs 10-20 levels higher than us...
We have Me:Doc
Adventurer
Engineer
Soldier
Nano Tech
Enforcer

IMO thats a good team^_^ maybe we could do with a fixer or a buerocrat..

lpx
Elite
Elite

Post by lpx » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:37 am

no i dont think it was a stupid idea doc's are pretty open cause they suck with every weapon, i disagree with pistols being best not from first hand exp but a good friend of mine 204doc is very unhappy the dmg she's getting from kyr' pistols, i've seen the best dmg come from 1he doc's

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:32 am

Well, docs equally suck with all weapons, so the best weapon choice would be something that you can atleast double imp and it doesn't collide with any of your important skills like nanoskills... Rest is really a personal preference, available buffs and aggro managment - It'll be harder for you in a team, for example, if you start the fight by capping an AS and then the enfo has to take aggro back from you - Although solo having a special as powerful as AS or FullAuto will pay back at later levels when you can get some good artillery. Alot of docs use 1he and go for Gelid blades and do very decent damage, but that means getting up close and personal with whatever you fight. May not be the best idea. MA is fun, and scales to some pretty good damage later, especially with a good scope... so you really have lots of choices.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:40 am

Tarradax, did you mean artillery symbiants?? Doctors can only use support by the way.

Anyways, doctors main source of damage is not from weapons. Its from DoTs. Choose any weapons you like and prefer because regardless one you use, you are just going to do under par dmg.
Pistols gets you more AR but their base dmg is weak. Other weapons gives you lesser AR but with their higher base dmg than pistols, it will sort of even out depending on how you implant and equip your doctor. At the end of the day, it is still your DoTs that will do most of the dmg.

Moneypenny
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Moneypenny » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:37 am

This guy started a doc, so don't talk about Gelids and 200+ alien pistols...
If you don't want to hurt yourself, use pistols or MA, rest is to expensive in IP's. And use the DOT's of course, as said above...

(But you don't have to believe me and find it out the hard way :lol: )
Last edited by Moneypenny on Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Comi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Comi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:37 am

Not sure what you all saying but at 150 with my doc im doing 800- 1k regular hits with my not top end pistols so pistol dmg on the end cant be that bad. I know 800-1k is HUGE dmg but were not dd, we support. And thats awesome support dmg.
Comi's Dreadloch service (now taking orders!)

Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor) ExFr00b elite

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:41 pm

Comi wrote:Not sure what you all saying but at 150 with my doc im doing 800- 1k regular hits with my not top end pistols so pistol dmg on the end cant be that bad. I know 800-1k is HUGE dmg but were not dd, we support. And thats awesome support dmg.
Now I'm getting a bit curious, because my doc is about the same level. What are your nano skills at, nano pool size, evades, nanoc-init, ... unbuffed, naturally; and at what agg-def-setting are you fighting?

Maybe a couple notes for Clintonio here:
  • A doc with an empty nano pool is a dead doc. Your nano pool is your life bar and the life bar of everyone else in your team. Make sure you get a share of the loot to buy nano kits and nano rechargers. In missions you will find packs of these in chests, too. Especially later on you will be the first one who can use these, so talk to the team about it before you do the mission to get 'loot-rights' on these. I've been in enough missions where everyone collected everything while I was so busy keeping up and healing I just had no time to loot anything, including nano rechargers and nano kits. This becomes very important as soon as you can use rechargers and kits beyond QL125.
  • Evades are important for not getting hit, but you wont have enough IPs for that. Keep them about twice the level of the mobs you are fighting, and you should be good. That doesn't prevent you from being hit, but in return the mobs wont hit criticals on you like mad either.
  • Nanoc-Init is very important for a doc, because it determines the speed you are casting at. The faster you are, the better. Your goal is to insta-cast CH, Complete Healing, later on.
  • The Agg-Def slider in the lower right corner of your screen is coupled with a number of things, including the Nanoc-init-value. The more you push it to the left (Defensive setting), the slower you will be, but the less chance the mobs will have to hit you. In return a full Agg[ressive] setting will make you slightly faster than usual. This is the default in the beginning; as soon as your nanoc-init allows for it you should push the slider more to a defensive stance. At higher levels you will use tools like Recompilers, which boost your nanoc-init by a good deal and allow for a more defensive setting without sacrificing casting speed for it.

Axela
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Axela » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:46 pm

I bet Comidoc has good equipment on the doctor :p
DChest maybe? :p

NERF COMI!! but I am glad we are on the same side though. :partyman:

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:51 pm

Axela wrote:Tarradax, did you mean artillery symbiants?? Doctors can only use support by the way....
No, I meant "Artillery" as in "Firepower". Why would I mention symbs on a fr00b forum? :P
Sferykal wrote:Nanoc-Init is very important for a doc, because it determines the speed you are casting at. The faster you are, the better. Your goal is to insta-cast CH, Complete Healing, later on.
There's a certain point at which you cap the casting speed for a certain nano, and from this point on spending IP on nanoinit isn't as useful - Get a good viral compiler (Yes, by now everyone should know that fr00bs can use those) and it'll allow you to slack a little bit on your nanoinit.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Clintonio
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Clintonio » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:57 am

Maybe I should wait till 60 and reset all my SMG a** rifle and skills related? And get pistols on? Who thinks thats better, as for IP I could probably benefit from it...

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:21 am

Three reasons why you want to use a weapon at lower levels on a froobie doc:
  1. You want to do token missions (if you are clan or omni).
  2. You want to kill some mobs on your own for money/cash (although there are other ways).
  3. It's your xth alt char, filled with high QL implants and whatever else and you want to solo supa-boss XYZ.
In all other cases a weapon for low level froobie docs is just a waste of IP which you could use for your nano skills, treatment, first aid, evades, runspeed and whatever else is important. You will run very dry on IP during mid-TL3 levels (70..80), and get some relief towards 100 then. Afterall a doc is not only defined by the heals you can employ. You have debuffs (second important thing to have after heals!), team HP buffs, single target temp HP buffs, short term HoTs, team grid nano (very useful after having completed a mission), not to talk about things like IC, and the treatment+first aid buff line (with SFA at the end).