Need help? Contact the A-Team

Forum for those who would like to discuss their daily lives either working for the corporation, fighting the power, or watching from the sidelines. Check your real world at the door, you're on Rubi-Ka now. This forum is strictly "In-Character" and will be moderated as such.
Makr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Makr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Greetings

My name is Makr, and I am an Advisor of Wolf Brigade.

I would like to offer a public apology for Taconis' comment above about Newcomers Alliance.

The blacklisting which occurred, is ancient history and just has not been removed. Our former president, Berael, has spoken with Gridpain about this issue. It is unfortunate that our list was out-dated, and that mention of it made it here to this forum.

I sincerely hope that Newcomers Alliance accepts this apology, for soiling their name in a public forum. That was not the intention, it was an unfortunate mistake.

Please do not let this small mistake to turn the focus from Taconis' original intention. There is a good message in his post, one which should be considered regardless of the mistake.

I'm sure that Taconis will come back here shortly, to explain more.

Please feel to contact me in game, if there is anything I can do for you.

Taconis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taconis » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:57 pm

I would like to publicly apologize to the members of AO Froobs, to all members of NA, and to Gridpain (moderator) for airing org dirty laundry in this medium. I have sent Plugsz a /tell providing information as to who the scammer was, when it occured, and stated that if he needed full log information I would provide it. The black list was made well before I became president of WB. I have also reviewed org interactions with NA for the last year and have removed them from the org's black list.

I also want to apologize to Lusto and Makr, for they did not have to apologize on my behalf nor should they have had to. If you felt that my post offended you, then hold it against me personally and not Wolf Brigade. Wolf Brigade is made up of many fine individuals. In regards to Gridpain's post about the LMAA tower attack, please contact me in game via a /tell. You were not online at the time of this post.

Taconis

Tobias
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Tobias » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Glad we could get that cleared up.

Very interesting discussion about tower wars otherwise.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:22 pm

thank you for this explanation.

for info ... next time you have a problem with an org member ... talk to officiers from that org ... and dont wait 2 years to spread this ... about someone who was a member in 2006 ... and didnt play in 2007 even ...
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

TripleA
Flagged
Flagged

Post by TripleA » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:57 am

8) SO...now that we are all in harmony, how can we find out about the NDI? and what do you think about starting a concerted WARROOM so that we can be organized and fight as ONE?

:D ...I'm not kidding. We should pick a few key levels like 21, 50, 150 (and 220) and really concentrate multi-org defense with vast resources. If we grow unified and powerful enough we would be able to call the shots on ownership.

When you need us we will be there - The A Team

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:12 am

There is such bot but its empty... like constantly. Twink lvls are most usualy 21 or 24, 35-40, 60, 74-76, 95-115, 150-174, 200+ :D

As you might notice there is most twinks lvls 74, 150 and 174. now go figure if you have twink in all that ranges - i do :D

Berael
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Berael » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:08 am

Likely we will get another meeting together to readdress this common defense issue that we are all facing. It seems to require constant get togethers to remind people on what to do.
220 Solitus Neutral Engineer

Advisor of Wolf Brigade
Editor/Writer for AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.

Taconis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Taconis » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:19 pm

For those that were interested about gathering more information on the NDI... click here. I believe that forum section is open to the public.

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Can we get back to pvp and leave the messed up politics out of it? lol
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Berael
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Berael » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:03 am

PvP = Politics

If you kill somebody or take somebody's base, you tick people off. When you tick people off you need to figure out how to deal with them, even if it is just ramming a gun barrel up their nose and pulling the trigger (which is actually called "shotgun diplomacy").

When ever you deal with people politics comes into play.

Advisor of Wolf Brigade

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:38 am

So you just dont deal with them in anyway... :D

Come, keel, conquer, defend. Nothing of that needs to be discussed or politicaniazed with enemy. Just do and keep :D

Berael
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Berael » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:55 am

What I'm saying is that -is- politics.

Who you attack, when you attack, who you defend, how much you defend, how you treat defenders and attackers are not only practical and logistical decisions but also political actions because they show something about you to those people you are interacting with (i.e. killing).

Advisor of Wolf Brigade

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:09 am

Berael has a point.

PVP is just the act of battle. Notum Wars is politics of which PVP is a part of. Politics is simply how you handle people. It could be by force or it could be by conversational diplomacy. Organizations that don't have enough resources or power will tend towards more conversational diplomacy to garner more political power.

Most all organizations don't have enough resources to be a purely unreckoned and unstoppable force...and so have various levels of diplomatic politics.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 am

@Taconis - Perhaps you should consider posting twin NDI threads in both the OFFICIAL and AOFROOBS forums to get maximum visibility. I'm not interested in joining blindly per se but I am interested in the minutae of NDI political stance.

These post should give us all information that people should not have to hunt for (don't put clickable links since you may lose some audience). Post the ORIGIN, GOALS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, and involved ORGS.

@ TripleA - sorry for hijacking your A-Team thread :P it sparked more deep seated issues that are better handled by the leaders of this planet ;)
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Agentcrt
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Agentcrt » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:10 am

Meanwhile you are trying conversational diplomacy, clans have taken another 100-150 field from neuts (Circle G). Keep on talking ;) ;) (or make twink and bash...)

For further example: I do not see any affect of talking since I do not think EQ and such orgs are prepared to discuss about stuff they can take without any hard effort (why in earth would they leave neuts alone if they can gain sideXP on neuts easier than on omnis). But this was discussed online with Berael and conclusion was that we need to join neut forces for common defense + organize common attacks (good example are clan's recent attacks). On which "bot" will this happen and who's gonna organize it, it is another question yet unanswered.

Also there was question filed who is the enemy: only orgs who attack or all clanners (omnis)?
As my example (whoever participates in Notrum Wars and is clan is enemy) I have given Ayether Knights, who seeded on EO field when EQ took it (it was right 20mins after they won the battle so i think it was planned but nobody of course can prove it). That is just an example because AK has signed non-aggression pact with WB (non aggression to neuts) but seeded on neut field. Now in official way they obeyed the pact, but in reality they have taken a neut field.

and to be sure of anything: all this is my personal belief and should not be connected to my org, neuts or such... (i'm just applicant in my org so...)