Soloing Uklesh

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 am

TOTW doesn't even remotely compare to lets say RK outdoor areas, where 'crats can really work their magic and the bot is by far not that important. Hence the bot is a key point in getting rid of the big trio; you will even need a rather high level bot to do so (and that's with charms thrown into the combat pit as well, their "durability" is a big problem, though).

Ferengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Ferengi » Thu May 01, 2008 2:49 am

That style worked fine in ToTW for me. All of my oldest comments in this forum come from it. Never took on the Big 3 back then, as the toon, account and server all went away in my first AO retirement. But this style will never really be appreciated unless there is some easy demo for players to witness. Unless I can do that, it's sorta pointless to talk about, which is why I haven't mentioned it much.

An early concept, a bit heavy on the pistols tho.
http://www.aomainframe.info/configrepor ... rkSet=6450

===============

Well, the ToTW test crat is shelved until I can find Moving Control Symbs.
Last edited by Ferengi on Sat May 24, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Adios, thanks for the fish

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu May 01, 2008 10:55 pm

Well, yes; there is no need for "über bot" for the non-trio stuff in ToTW, aside of the stupid ODing drama, and thanks to having 3 pets even that doesn't cause much of a headache. Even more so, Uklesh himself shouldn't be that much of a hassle, either, but after that things get increasingly interesting 8) That's the time when you will be happy about having "über bot" with you; for holding aggro, for soaking up damage and last but not least for being able to get healed by you. Btw. the bot needs a level far into the 100s; engineers need like a QL/Level(?)112 or so bot min. to get it (with healing) through the trio; 'crats will need a much higher level bot, consequently (due to the lower nano reqs for the same level bot compared to engineers this happens automatically, in a way). I picked up a failed fight against Aztur and had a 10X bot with me at that time, Aztur sliced through it like a knife through butter. I'm sure you can imagine what such a bot does with the rest of ToTW, including the mobs you can charm. To close that circle, it means that Aztur will eat all these things for breakfast. Hence "über bot", you really will need it.