Froob PvP Event: The Tournament of Ultimate Imbalance

Looking to OMFGWTFGNAK someone or maybe you know how to and want to share, this is the place for you. Share your PvP and Tower Knowledge here.
Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Froob PvP Event: The Tournament of Ultimate Imbalance

Post by Lusto » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:13 am

Who: Froobs who can fight with level 200.
Where: Mining area (the big zone with lot of pumpkins from BS waiting room)
When: January 12th AND January 13th, starting 8pm GMT.
What: Self buffed one-to-one PvP tournament, team PvP scenarios.

Since the rebalance has hit, the power balance has changed among froobs. Lets see how it is. We will start with causal one-to-one tournament. The exact format will depend on the number of participants. Its going to be round-robin, single elimination or double elimination. No special rules, use your full toolset. But self buffed for one-to-one.

After that we will have some team PvP rounds with little different settings.

The goal is to have easygoing fun and to learn about the PvP side of the game (Dark side of the Force?). From what I have done, it is more thrilling, more demanding and even more fun than PvM.

Join!
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: Froob PvP Event: The Tournament of Ultimate Imbalance

Post by Briandmg » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:36 am

Traders are going to steamroll everybodeh with their 1s-spammable debuffs :P
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:50 am

I know, thats why the name for this tournament. And I have no idea what special rule to put on them to limit it. Ban the second nano line of drains? Or ban traders altogether? Or if you get paired to fight a trader, you get to pick a wingman to assist you. Or just pair traders to fight with each others until they reroll.

Agent or advy might be able to alpha inexperienced trader, but someone who knows their PvP-Fu will not be caught by surprise.

So we will go as it is and see what happens. And then in team pvp things get interesting regardless.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:43 am

No tournament happened but we had fun sparring session with Jens and Saav.

Jens drew everyone crazy with his BSDM MP, Saav was able to alpha my doc and my Advy ate Saavs soldier. And NR is utterly useless :-).

Its was quite fun, I wish we had more people.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:03 am

Extensive field testing on your doc has proven NR to be quite useful.

Unlike other nanolines however, Dominates simply follow the rule of drama and ignore NR altogether.... :twisted:
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot