Let's pimp my setup. Lvl 143 agent froob. Please suggest!

dbouya
Fresh
Fresh

Let's pimp my setup. Lvl 143 agent froob. Please suggest!

Post by dbouya » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:32 am

I'd like suggestions for items I can obtain myself. Not some ideal raid drops.
Sorry this file was too large to upload here, and you have to right click on it and select view image to see the screenshot of my armor and implants.
Implants are all ql130 or ql200 depending on if i've managed to get them in yet. Can froobs go above ql200? I am able to roll empty implants up above 200 for sure they're listed as refined.
Armor is miy melee because it uses sense and agility.
Desert Nomad shoulderpad's
Braclet's of amplified sound I don't need.
my util and hud are quite weak
hud3 has enhanced target acquisition.
I have a ql275 vision enhancer in my inventory but I haven't invested IP in perception.
IPSKILLS.jpg
IPSKILLS.jpg (106.23 KiB) Viewed 4491 times
Max rifle Max ranged init Max aimed shot.

I leveled up to this point many years ago as a false profession MP, but with the balance changes it looks like false profession trader is really strong now? I blitz'd a buncha trader nanos and mimic trader, laddering up divest and plunder really lets me cast a lot of stuff earlier than I thought I would, like enhanced trueshot.

EDIT: before when I was casting regular sureshot, it didn't seem worth giving up the ranged init on the vision enhancer, but not that I finally can self buff enhanced trueshot it might be worth some ip resetting to get the perception to equip it?

EDIT2: I forgot to mention, I'm omni, but my org stopped having anyone in it, and I left the org, and there's never anyone in OT OOC anywhere, and a ton of clanners have been helpful to me on alts. Is it worth trying to switch? Also to clarify I've not turned off my experience gain for any reason, I'm just a n00b who managed to make it to level 143, I'm struggling but I'd like to make it to the next title level!
Last edited by dbouya on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Let's pimp my setup. Lvl 143 agent froob. Please suggest!

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Have you considered the equip configurator from auno?
It is outdated of course, but you didnt post any new items in your setup from what I can see anyways.
Here is my agent for comparison.

Regarding weapons: The caterwaul is a nice pvp rifle, but if you really want to use a ql 275 VE, you can forget your normal hits, so it'll be somewhat useless in pvm.
The X-3 is pretty much the standard pvm rifle, if you are sided you may pick a Turnspirit rifle later or a longshot. Faster normal hits, but way longer AS cycle compared to the cater (well, except the ql 300 pinpoint rifle, which will leave you at a hideous speed of 3/3).

Since you've slacked in the token department so far, I recommend you get the stripped merit board from the reck to at least boost your comp lit and equip ql 200 ncu.
The amount you're sporting right now barely puts any temple twink to shame and isn't really something you want to show around at your level.

Regarding armor - visit the Inner Sanctum and get the gloomfall armor. While you are there, get a might of the rev. shoulder pad as well to replace those hideous nomad pads.
For bracer I recommend either a sandy piece of goo + cyborg bracer for evades or two durable boosts from Professor van Horn to boost your inits, whichever you want to prioritize.

Regarding implants - ql 201+ implants require tl5. You _Can_ equip implants up to maybe ql 245 if you want to go the full length of spent effort, I'd only recommend doing that to get the last missing points of nanoskills for something vital.
Furthermore it costs an arm and a leg to get jobe cluster in ql 201+, so the economy way of keeping imps at ql 200 isn't that bad a choice either.

Regarding what FP to use... that is more of a personal thing really.
Im happily using NT on my agent, trader is more common with people who want to keep their ql 300 rifle out of OE, enfo and soldier are the FPs of choice for some more and even advy is getting more common thanks to the rebalanced nanos.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

dbouya
Fresh
Fresh

Post by dbouya » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:14 pm

Regarding the weapon, If you say the vision enhancer is not for pvm, well, thank goodness! I've already went ahead and traveled back in time and made sure to never raise my perception.
I have a ql142 yatamuchty x-3 in my bank, I must've used it in the past. I'll look for a ql200 x-3 to replace my caterwaul. I definitely notice that while my aimed shots are great my sustained damage is very bad especially against anything with some armor. For example against the pumpkin boss in the uturn mission? I won, but I died before I could loot the boss. Although against regular enemies near my level I can fp:trader, divest, plunder, mimic trader. Then use high ql mezz to allow me to aimed shot the same enemy twice. It's cool but I'm not sure my max nano or max ncu can properly support it. Problem is while I can blitz a lvl200 mission for the caterwaul I already use, I can't farm dyna's above my level, I'd have to find someone to sell me the ql200 yatamutchy x-3 counter sniper rifle. Although I at least have acquiring that to look forward to now.

Regarding armors, I'm doing pretty poorly in pvm right about now, so I doubt I'm near ready to handle the inner sanctum, but those will be good tips all, and I bet I could handle the reck already. Is my current armor good enough to last until I can handle sanctum and earn myself the gloomfall armor? or is there something I should pickup inbetween?
I never cared for grinding missions really, dungeons were more "fun". So thanks for the tip of Stripped Merit Board. I'll get that ASAP. One reason my ncu sucks so badly though is that I simply don't have ql200 ncu memory's I can roll missions to blitz at 185 and 214, that yellow one is the 185 I just rolled myself today. If I roll ql214 missions will it be capable of rewarding ql200 memory? or will I have to settle for ql185 memory for now? Most of those ncu's are 34 ncu's that were bought in a store, I guess I should be ashamed.

On the topic of False Professions, I remember that I always planned to go NT at higher levels, but before the agent rebalance I guess I didn't think it was worth it, because low ql false profession nano's gave massive penalties to nano init. So I always planned to switch to NT when I could mimic it but not before. Although now assuming profession NT might be a good move for me. Speaking of ncu and NT's though I do have a ql200 nano formula recompiler in my inventory. That I probably planned to use once I could. Right now though using trader to get myself enhanced trueshot seems strong. Once I get that Stripped Merit Board though, I can use that recompiler I can either cast my drains quickly or switch to something like doctor/NT.

Looks like I forgot to say this in the OP, I'm omni. I rolled omni many years ago when the xp bonuses were the same. It might be worth switching to clan if I plan to seriously try and gain more levels though, eh? Using the Stripped Merit Board would mean throwing away all my tokens wouldn't be so bad, eh?

I should mention this is my main character, my 2nd highest is 96, and my 3rd highest is 44. I'm very much so not an expert. So there's a lot of stuff I just don't know or don't have. I looked every item you mentioned up on auno though, and some of them seem doable and some seem like bookmark and get to later when I'm braver, so thanks for the contributions. I'm not trying to twink to lvl143 or anything, I just want to help form a plan of a list of goals for my main to acquire as they level up, even though they probably haven't gained a level in five years, I'm hopeful they will this week!
Last edited by dbouya on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlixero
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Zlixero » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:40 pm

If you're having trouble soloing stuff, you should try FP MP first to get your heal & attack pets up. Then go fp doc. Cast Rapid Palsy on monsters and they'll be easy peasy to kill.

Some goals I'd try to reach if I were you;
- More IP in first aid for some decent stims. You dont need to max it, but you should aim for ql 70+ stims at least.
- Getting a ql 200 X-3
- Equip a full set of ql 200 implants. Look at how Nicolaj set up his clusters and copy that :p (except you might need faded MC in eye over concealment)
- Casting Odin's Missing Eye+Summon Belamorte+Summon Demon (+the pet buffs). (to self cast it early, use fp trader -> drain up -> fp mp -> infuses -> odins+mochams)
- Farm credits and buy some ql 200+ spirit infused yutto ncu's.
- And like Nicolaj said, try to get some gloomfall armors from IS. Reactive/Proactive armors are also nice for lvl 150+. Or even ql 200 omni steel-ribbed. Specific pieces of Miy's Nano might also help alot with casting odin's & mochs.
  • Zlixero__200_____-..Zqagent_199
    Misspew_200__....__.Zqengi-_ 199
    Zqenf___200__......- Zqcrat.._.199
    Zqdoc __200__-____Zqma_....1XX
"Solo'd" (multibox'd)

dbouya
Fresh
Fresh

Post by dbouya » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:48 pm

I leveled up for probably 100-120 of my agent's career as a false MP, I could actually cast the +infuse nanoskill buffs, but I can't anymore, because of the rebalance to false profession. Although I could wait for 30 minutes as a trader, and then cast mimic MP and mochams and powerful pets, having to literally afk for 25minutes before I can fight feels finnicky. I guess I should just bite the bullet and do it. The pets I can self cast in fp mp right now are laughably bad.
A few years ago I solo'd with https://aoitems.com/item/125741/calling ... vificator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; NOW? I can self cast to https://aoitems.com/item/125742/calling-of-restite/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was so laughably bad that's what gave me the idea to switch to trader, and I blitzed several divest/plunder skills. I think it's literally possible now for me to blitz those nano's you mentioned. Play as a trader for 20-25minutes, then cast mochams on myself then cast belamorte. All of that will require more ncu than I have though. At very least I'll have to earn 4/5 more ql185 ncu's and at best my striped board+6ql200ncu to have room for two drains two mochams and mimic all at once.

Getting +300 (divest and plunder combined) to all nanoskills for 3minutes in exchange for going afk for 20-25minutes or so is a decent trade I guess afterall. It'll be a lot easier to clicksaver those MP nanos though than it will be to find dyna loot or high level dungeon armor. So getting a belamorte out could be a first goal for me on the way to earning gloomfall armor.

Reading the aoitems on a bunch of these buffs and pet buffs I'm noticing they all last 4 hours I could've sworn that those MP pet buffs used to last 5minutes (although auno says 30). I guess if my pet will stay buffed for 4hours I would be free to go trader mp doctor trader mp doctor if I could somehow stay alive for that long.

meraimon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by meraimon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 am

here are my suggestions:

The legchopper ring quest gives agents a nice ring. you should check out a guide on aouniverse.

Ding lvl 150 and get yourself a longshot for pvm (it will work amazingly well with the TIM scope). that caterwaul is a pvp-nab rifle and only works well with a high QL vision enhancer.

Sacrificial ensigns of cerubin is a very nice wrist item for +40 AR (and -40 def, but who cares...)

for back item, look at the Veil of the Revoked. it is made from common items in Crypt of Home. After tl5 you will want to get a cloak of the reanimated ranger (1/5) and upgrade it when you can.

Try to get an inner sanctum group for Gloomfall armor pieces. It is Nodrop and some of the best Agi/Sense armor for a froob agent. However I consider Proactive armor best-in-slot because of the Health bonuses (Stam/Agi).

HUD2 could be advanced scent sensor or ratcatcher goggles.

Your ncu could use an upgrade, get some ql 200 memories in if possible. For now it looks like enough to solo with but you will be tight in a team.

It's true what someone said before, higher first aid for higher stims. The Stims these days are really great, and we need as much healing as we can get. More effective first aid is more effective health and nano.

Everything else checks out. Consider using a ql 200 cpu upgrade for -15% nanocost. Agent is a nano heavy casting class, especially nearing froob endgame as mimic trader/doctor/advy/enfo/nt.

For leveling you should be casting the highest demon/meatball/healball combo you can with outside buffs, then terminating or waiting out the 20 minutes of mimic and then go FP adventurer/trader. Trader is the high AR high damage option, and Adventurer is the massive health, CH and never die option. Trader is great for teams and Adventurer is great for soloing. From what I have found, the best build for both PVM and PVP on an agent involves maximizing your health pool first. So focus on that stat primarily. those sided pads are really great, VTE's are nice too if you have the credits. Globe of sufferance is a nodrop from tarasque and its an amazing item for the shoulder. here is a "dream gear" config: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dbouya
Fresh
Fresh

Post by dbouya » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:08 am

wait, if I /terminate my mp pets stay alive? I didn't know that.
also can one of you confirm? If I roll a ql214 mission I can get ql200 ncu as a reward? (I started blitzing ql185 ncu memory because I assumed that wouldn't work).

Also people are recomending first aid, but I've got 20,000ip to spend left, so, which skill is too high and should be reset? I've still got all my resets.

I haven't played at all in many years so I basically have no friends, so the odds of finding an inner sanctum group anytime soon is unlikely, but obviously it's something I can eventually pull off, due to the lack of comments I'll assume that random miy armor is decent to use until I'm able to break into the gloomfall tier. I'll blitz more MP nano's today.

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:40 am

dbouya wrote:also can one of you confirm? If I roll a ql214 mission I can get ql200 ncu as a reward? (I started blitzing ql185 ncu memory because I assumed that wouldn't work).
QL 200-250 missions will give QL 200 ncus as you can see in this link
dbouya wrote:Also people are recomending first aid, but I've got 20,000ip to spend left, so, which skill is too high and should be reset? I've still got all my resets.
I would just level up and then spend the new IP in this skill so you can save the resets
dbouya wrote:I haven't played at all in many years so I basically have no friends, so the odds of finding an inner sanctum group anytime soon is unlikely
You can Always ask in the froob200 or froobchat chat people will be happy to team up and help. And its a good way of making new friends :-)
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer
Bodiesslave 200 agent (buffing, tradeskilling, banking)

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:49 am

Your pets stay with you until they get killed or you terminate them manually (or until they bug out and vanish at zoning).

Personally I would not bother skilling first aid (for now).
If you at least do the alvin quest for the (enhanced) pads of dedication you can get enough first aid bonus to use the stims that drop inside the temple of three winds.
(They drop from acolythes in qls ~25-45 and I highly recommend you level a new char to farm them instead of buying them from the store).

Sneaking lvl 214 missions for ql 200 ncu does work, go for it.
Forget about the cpu upgrade for nano cost for now, get the ncu chips.
If you plan on casting during combat, especially as trader, get a recompiler though.

Otherwise.. what bodies said, /tell froob200 !join
This is not a solo game.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

dbouya
Fresh
Fresh

Post by dbouya » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:04 am

I grouped all the time many years ago in totw and mort borgs and such. I used to use LFT tool. I didn't realize telling froobchat let you join a special channel I thought it was just a tool bot. I'll absolutely join now! I guess no one uses LFT but uses bots instead now to chat?
I already have the recompiler, so I was clearly planning on using it.
Belamorte was LITERALLY the first mission on the first request mission of the day, so that's a sign as to what I should do!

EDIT: I wanna avoid double posting but I have two questions, firstly, what first aid item from totw? I am not aware there is one (I leveled up so I've got that ip to spend on it now).
secondly, is there anyway to make enemies attack my demon instead of me? besides root/snare? Like how engineer pets get trimmers?

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Health and nano stims now drop in the subway from Stim Fiends in ~ql 8 - 16, in the temple from white robed Acolythes in ql ~25-45 and inside Biomare from the Research Technicians in ql 70 (and maybe the behavious observer and blind eyemutant in ql 60, Im usually too lazy to farm those).
Each kill of those nets you a 100% chance for a stack of 25 stims and 50 Health and nano recharger.

The old first aid and nano kits and nano recharger are as you may have noticed not store buyable anymore and can only be found in missions.
The new 1st aid stuff heals more, but neither you nor your team can be in combat for the recharger to work. On the plus side, you can now heal your pets with the recharger. Extremely useful to refill a healpet's nano pool.

Regarding pet-tanking, I am sorry to say that thats a myth. If you cannot grab aggro from your pet, you are simply slacking in the damage department yourself.
However, to maximise use of your demon, never forget to cast the highest possible anima (no level lock!), instill and chant buffs on them. Those now last 4 hours as well.

PS: Only the cratpet and engipet can be trimmed.
Last edited by Rain on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

dbouya
Fresh
Fresh

Post by dbouya » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Ahh, I thought he meant some special first aid item, I've seen them in stores, I bought a few, they're a bit pricey but totally worth it, they're like 140810 times stronger than the old versions.
I have the 3rd highest anima, highested instill, highest chant, demon, belamorte now, odin's eye, now all I need to do is find 64 ncu.
They seem to show up a lot more rarely than the 185ql's did.

EDIT: leveling up from level 143 to 144 meant that my ql214 quests became ql216 and I can no longer do them! haha. At least not with 100% concealment, I can still sneak+run combo get lucky. I might literally have to blitz 4 ql187 ncu's instead.

EDITEDIT: I now have a stripped token board and my first ql200 ncu 64

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:37 am

dbouya wrote:I should mention this is my main character, my 2nd highest is 96
Get him/her to Biomare (max lvl 100 to get inside) and camp Bevaviour Observer for lvl 55 First Aids (buggy terrain there, but pets manage to kill him) and Research Technitians (near Bodyguards) for lvl 70 First Aids. Stack them up and hand over to your main char, skill up as needed. Make a new account for dual logging to hand stuff over, if you only have 1 account. Saves a lot of creds as First Aids in shops are quite expensive.