An Advy Question..

Cred
Fresh
Fresh

An Advy Question..

Post by Cred » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:46 am

I was thinking about making an ranged advy, just for fun. And, I've done some reading and found out that melee adventurers do actually more dmg, but take the beating too. But DD doesn't matter for me right now. I would prefer good soloing and survavibility (spelled it good? :P). But, does ranged advy (fr00b ofc) have any good FA pistols? The FA pistol i've seen so far froobs can wear was MTI B-94.

Ar1z
Skilled
Skilled

Re: An Advy Question..

Post by Ar1z » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:51 am

No. Usually FA pistols are used for buffing purposes. IMO you should forget FA until you have ip to spare. Advy only pistols would do more damage than any froob only FA pistol.
Arenas (lvl 199 Sol Omni Agent) / Zarenas (lvl 200 NM Neutral Engineer)
Kengin (lvl 154 Opi Neutral Engineer) / Nanolaser (lvl 100 NM Clan Soldier)
Obefix (lvl 69 Trox Neutral Fixer) / Arones (lvl 50 NM Neutral crat)
Bestsella (lvl 50 Sol Neutral trader)
Pocket buffing toons: NMenfo, Docaris, Metaphysto

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:40 am

I'm planning on lvling my froob advy to 200 and going ranged...but it's going to cost me about 2b in order to get a huge DD setup (Yes, I'm going to use an RBP). For the casual player...there arn't any froob FA pistols that will do alot of dmg. Only ones you can use have crapp min/max dmg and require alot of +dmg to make them effective.
  • Rookie "Flyingmp" - RK1 - LVL220
  • Flyingengi - RK1 - LVL199
  • Freshman "Flyingblades" - RK1 - LVL150
  • Flyingadvy- RK1 - LVL128
  • Apprentice Imfat "Deathinabag" Yourdead - RK1 - LVL49
Facebook

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 am

Froob pistol advy will outperform melee in the first 70ish levels with SOL K-91 monsters and Customised Desert Reets, these weapons really are good and at low level melee weapons aren't much special. You can also use The Original Electronicum which is not as good as SOL K-91 monsters, but easier to get and not too bad still.

From around 70 and up advies will be able to use Chiroptera's which are commonly seen as the very best of all froob weapons, overpowered even.
In the levels 70 and up you'll also want to step away from pistols because there aren't any really good ones, the CDRs only come in one Ql and the SOL K-91 monsters become slower the higher Ql you equip so that's not a good choice. Viable weapons would be Prelude to Chaos, Parasitic Hecataleech, Right Hand of Entropy, Solar-Powered Engineer Pistol, Bronto Anaesthetic Pistol, BBI Faithful and some more that are about as good but not really good compared to melee or even to what other professions wear.

At 175 you can use a Reign of Patricia which is really nice, and if paired with a Solar-Powered Engineer Pistol, you'll do pretty good damage. At level 190+, your Solar-Powered Engineer Pistol can be upgraded into a Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol. This combination will give you the best damage a froob pistolero can get. In most cases, a pair of Chiroptera's will outperform the pistols still, but it's definitely viable at higher level to use pistols.

@flying; I'm looking forward to teaming with you on your way to 200 :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm

As a level 195 Froob ranged Adventy, I can say that Saavick's answer is the most correct answer to "What pistol should I use as an Adventurer?" that I have ever seen.

I think the advantages of going ranged are under-appreciated: Can stand aside from team battles where the melee toons see nothing but a blur, roots aren't nearly as bad as for melee, can knock up to a third of some toons' health bars before they can run up to you, can easily equip all of those great buffing pistols as needed.

I don't even try to max damages with damage adds because in team play that isn't really my role anyway. For example, my toon triple implants Add all Defense. I can take on most any dyna, but some with insanely long health bars just ain't worth the bother. "Add all defense", means I don't die, but often I chose to abandon a fight out of boredom. Can take over 10 minutes to knock down one of those crazy long health bar dyna.

I'm using the Adventy-only Pain of Patricia + Left Hand of Chaos, which is close enough for me Saavik's recommendation for the top Froob pistol. It would have to nice to consider the Right Hand of Entropy, but I never could get it to drop in IS.

The Patricia pistol comes with a Add Fire Damage bonus, but does not itself deal fire damage. Presumably, it is meant to be worn with the Bracer of Recondite Flames from Crypt of Home, which coverts all damage to Fire. I always wear that bracer, except that I've noticed that some Fire-damage dealing NPC's seem to have extremely high Fire AC (my damage output is VERY low) and so I remove the bracer mid-battle, which ups my damage to the Fire-dealing toon.

Not counting the quest and dungeon-special pistols, I would say that the best high-level Froob pistol is the BBI. At low to mid levels, I would say the SOL K-91, whihch isn't even an Adventy-only pistol. Bronto pistols and Original Electrocums are great for non-adventy toons like Nanotechs who don't want to invest in fling shot skill.

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Saavick wrote:At level 190+, your Solar-Powered Engineer Pistol can be upgraded into a Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol. This combination will give you the best damage a froob pistolero can get.

There is one combo that can give a better result, but you really have to stack the +dmg. It's the combo I'm going to use on my advy once he gets 200, but I'm not going to share it until then ^^
Saavick wrote:@flying; I'm looking forward to teaming with you on your way to 200 :)
I'll need all the help I can get...getting teams these days isn't that easy for rk missions. Btw, will be using chirops until 200 bc pistols suck until then lol
Facebook

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:53 pm

I feel a Ronald McDonald rearing its ugly head flyin :)

Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Nicodar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:02 pm

flyingengi wrote:I'll need all the help I can get...getting teams these days isn't that easy for rk missions. Btw, will be using chirops until 200 bc pistols suck until then lol

Dude, last time I went LFT on my 213 engy, all I got was people asking me to team them for RK missions >.>

It is the fate of all cookies to be broken. A whole cookie is an uneaten cookie and cookies are made to be eaten. So who can really deny fulfilling a cookie's destiny?

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:06 pm

shush you, you're on the wrong server :D
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Nicodar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Wha? You reroll to Rimor?

It is the fate of all cookies to be broken. A whole cookie is an uneaten cookie and cookies are made to be eaten. So who can really deny fulfilling a cookie's destiny?

flyingengi
Veteran
Veteran

Post by flyingengi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Nicodar wrote: Dude, last time I went LFT on my 213 engy, all I got was people asking me to team them for RK missions >.>
Bc there is nobody else to team with lol
Facebook

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:48 am

This has gone horribly off-topic. Behave or be locked.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link