Damage Shield Advy

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Damage Shield Advy

Post by Briandmg » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:05 am

Was thinking of the possibility of making an adventurer whose items were built solely into pumping up dem damage shields. Gonna list the items here because auno's equipment config doesn't have half of them.
  1. (+15) Advanced Damage Shield Projector
  2. (+20) Hollow Orange Torch
  3. (+20) Wardog's Heated Razor Gloves
  4. (+4) Ring of Tattered Flame
  5. (+7) Ring of Wilting Flame
  6. (+21) Bracer of Shielding
  7. (+21) Reflect Bracer
  8. (+7) Reflect Graft
  9. (+45) Cyborg Service Tower
  10. (+45) Vengeance of Nature
  11. (+91) Retribution of the Aesir
That's about a total of 296 points. For the bracers, you need to swap them to the correct ones though.

Situationals:
  • (+75) Activate Advanced Damage Shield Projector - But probably will be less since won't have 1000 riposte skill
  • ~(+40) Implants - But probably won't implant all damage shield clusters
  • (+62) Blessed by the Frog, 15% chance to get by using Gnuff's Rift Crystal
That gives an absolute maximum of 473 points.

Are there any other items I missed out? Against monsters, this wouldn't do all that much compared to your normal attacks, but against players, this would make you really annoying, especially in lizard form. IIRC damage shield damage isn't halved in PvP either, so this would be pretty good?

EDITED to include more reflects/damage shields
Last edited by Briandmg on Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Damage Shield Advy

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:45 am

The idea is certainly interesting.

Have a look at AO Setups, I added your items to a public configuration.
The bracelet of Kay could be added, but it actually has much lower damage than a regular bracer and you definitly cannot swap it on the fly.

I'd advocate that adding a reflect bracer makes more sense than using two damage one.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:40 am

Rain wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:45 am
The idea is certainly interesting.

Have a look at AO Setups, I added your items to a public configuration.
The bracelet of Kay could be added, but it actually has much lower damage than a regular bracer and you definitly cannot swap it on the fly.

I'd advocate that adding a reflect bracer makes more sense than using two damage one.
Whoa this new setup/equip/skill emulator config tool is great. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm yes a reflect bracer does the same in terms of returning the same amount of damage, but reducing damage taken as well. As for the other bracer slot, I'm still undecided if the bracelet of Kay would be a better choice (trading 11-21 shield points for +25dmg).

Also I realized I forgot to include +shield in the implants, which would add 40 points of damage shields, but only in 2 categories. There's also the Gnuff's Rift Crystal, which as a 15% chance to give +62 more damage shields :P

So all in all the absolute maximum, with deflection shield activated, would be 421? Sounds pretty rad :D Is it possible to squeeze in some Max Reflected Damage here and there too?

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:08 am

I edited the setup with some implants, but damage shield clusters go mostly into slots that are better taken by something else.
Subdermal hand implants form the cyborg barracks are even worse at highlevel since they only add a singly shiny cluster to an implant.

Reflect armor would be nice to have, sure.
Except a soldier's Charred Abaddon Chassis and a fixer's Droid Control Device I came up empty for that though.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:55 am

Found 2 more sources of reflect/damage shields.

Almost forgot the reflect graft, that's 7 more points of reflected damage.

And finally, there's the drone shield from the cyborg service tower which you can plant anywhere, which adds a whopping 45 points.

I guess that's a grand total of 473 points of damage shields. Would not be fun to mess with :P

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:52 am

With an engie nearby you may increase it by Sympathetic Plasma Shielding or Sympathetic Reactive Cocoon