RK19 Advys

Judge
Rookie
Rookie

RK19 Advys

Post by Judge » Tue May 14, 2019 11:15 am

Anybody else playing on the RK19 server? Not many advys around, but it would be cool to get some modern conversation going on. Anything from accomplishments/kills/twinking/etc.

Or send a tell to Lycanthrope in-game!

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Re: RK19 Advys

Post by Briandmg » Tue May 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Don't quite have a new advy on the RK19 server, but I love how the rebalance opened up many unorthodox builds for advies. Evade-geared advies in wolf form sounds neat. Alternatively, +dmg builds in kitty form with full auto pistols are cool for huge alphas. I also would like to see premium light raid pistols on an advy in leet form. Would defo be more interesting than the typical cookie cutter chirop advy :P
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Judge
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Judge » Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 am

But Chirops are so good looking! Effective too. I was able to dual a 101/100 at 75 on my solitus, and I recently equipped a chrispy in mainhand and moved my 101 to offhand at level 100. Chrispy is kept out of OE with Windslicer nano running along with N-Ball equipped in a shoulder slot.

As for wolf form, if ONLY fixer runspeed/evade buffs stacked with wolf form :(

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 am

Judge wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 am
As for wolf form, if ONLY fixer runspeed/evade buffs stacked with wolf form :(
I think therein lies the good and the bad with advies nowadays.

I started a paid advy on RK5 this year. She is stuck somewhere in later TL4 for now (other alts got more priority right now). One thing I noticed is that you have to think about what forms you will be taking, as depending on that they will kill certain OSBs. If you like to switch often, then only so many of the common OSBs will stick throughout the ordeal. Knowing which form conflicts with which OSBs and maybe having an idea what you will end up doing (in what form) can help a bit I suppose.

That aside, I dunno why advies have such a bad reputation right now. Maybe it is because of some 220 business; so far I loved playing that advy and messing around with it. Dealing tons of damage often yields "you be tank"-status, and the dragon form is really helping in that regard, for example (but it kills Behe and AC buffs ... booo!).