The Reck

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.
Khaler
Amateur
Amateur

The Reck

Post by Khaler » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Well damn, I see The Reck opened up.
"When I was, a young boy, my father, took me into the city, to see a marching band. He said 'Son when, you grow up, will you be, the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned?'"

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Re: The Reck

Post by Trappin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:36 pm

AO forum thread - http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... 1-The-Reck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Helpful map - Image

stodge
Amateur
Amateur

Post by stodge » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:44 am

Trappin wrote:AO forum thread - http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... 1-The-Reck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Helpful map - Image
What the "Reck" is that map? :laughing5:

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:30 pm

In game you can also use Saavick's Map of Rubi-Ka, which has points of interest, dyna's, unique bosses and whompa's. Also the water is blue on it :D
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:08 am

I would be interested to know if anyone has picked up any phat lewt that is actually worth equipping on a levelling froob in the L90-170 range.

So far, the phattest lewts I've seen are the new MA special attack The Wisdom of Huzzum and a great levelling pistol The Dog of War. The MA attack seems to be a vastly improved tree of enlightenment. Damages your target for 750, locks your dimach for 1 min, and heals your team for a whopping 1200. The Dog of War is a pretty sweet pistol that can bridge the gap between CDRs and endgame pistols.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:49 am

https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.8.11/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows a list of the items that got patched in, as does the froob200 bot via the !newitems command.

The Cyborg C.O. Wrist Computer is essentially a slightly better Sandy piece of goo and drops of the prison guards on the south-eastern part of the map. Bonus points for being yesdrop.
The M.A.G.S. Aggression Enhancer and Riker's Resolve are really nice Hud2 items, worth equipping on most chars.
The Stripped Merit Board is the first real tokenboard for tl4 neutrals (and lazy sided folks).
Along with the Experimental Optic Enhancer, a pretty nice scope especially for levelling chars with resonable requirements, the board drops from entvined mobs at the port, southern region.

The Damaged Notum Tower Shield is most likely not worth the trouble equipping it since the drawbacks of using it outweight the pros by a fair degree.
The Visions of Hope and Destruction are highly situational items. The destruction might be handy for die hard damage junkies or people desperate for inits enough to validate its use, but the Hope seems... well hopeless to be honest. Since its not social, it cannot be worn by with GA/CAC either, making it even worse than a skinchip.
Wardog's Heated Razor Gloves offer decent AC and the shield AC are probably going to make them useful on some setups.
The Gem of the Sands is basically a stripped down Anything with a lvl 100 requirement. Nice to boost abilities on some slots.. or for their ACs.

Regarding the weapons, the dog of war is probably the winner here.
Decent pistol, rivaling the Special edition Kyr pistol, it is superior to IS' Parasitic Hecataleech.
Skawt's (compact) Plasma Emitter finally brings some much needed love to ranged energy.
Huzzum's Iron Fist mixes decent requirements with a weaponmesh I personally really like, but falls a little short. For some reason, FC decided to slap a tl4 req on it, making it practically obsolete damagewise by the time one can equip it.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:43 am

Rain wrote:https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.8.11/ shows a list of the items that got patched in, as does the froob200 bot via the !newitems command.

Decent pistol, rivaling the Special edition Kyr pistol, it is superior to IS's Parasitic Hecataleech.
Dog of War is damm impressive. I'm in the middle of rebuilding a level 200 Froob Engy who would otherwise be carrying the Hecataleech in his off-hand (fully improved Engineer Pistol in the other hand of course).

Going to send him off to the Reck to find one since it's No Drop. Any advice on where to look? Mission or Dyna Boss?

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:29 am

Bowgie wrote:
Rain wrote:https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.8.11/ shows a list of the items that got patched in, as does the froob200 bot via the !newitems command.

Decent pistol, rivaling the Special edition Kyr pistol, it is superior to IS's Parasitic Hecataleech.
Dog of War is damm impressive. I'm in the middle of rebuilding a level 200 Froob Engy who would otherwise be carrying the Hecataleech in his off-hand (fully improved Engineer Pistol in the other hand of course).

Going to send him off to the Reck to find one since it's No Drop. Any advice on where to look? Mission or Dyna Boss?
It drops from Wardog :D

I'm curious though, do you consider the speed that important for an engi? My engi uses a Pain of Patricia and I would still consider that the better alternative. I have enough inits to use it 1/1 and being full agg doesn't seem a problem to me on an engi. Or is there something else that makes it so great? I've not had a chance to use it yet myself, but I plan on using it on my 150ish crat :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Saavick wrote:I'm curious though, do you consider the speed that important for an engi? My engi uses a Pain of Patricia and I would still consider that the better alternative. I have enough inits to use it 1/1 and being full agg doesn't seem a problem to me on an engi. Or is there something else that makes it so great?...
I agree a PoP is better than the new Dog of War pistol. My org doesn't seem to do RK raids and Froobs are not doing Mercs anymore, so I have no chance to get one. My first toon, an Adventy, used a RoP + PoP before switching the PoP to Master Engineer Pistol.

About the only advantage of the Hecataleech is its high minimal damage. Much easier to equip, too. I wouldn't consider speed all that important for an Engy. Would probably have used a PoP if I had one, but I'm OK with using the Dog of War and having plenty of spare IP for tradeskills.

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:19 am

If my advy still was on pistol setup, I would scream about the Dog. To me it is clearly superior to PoP and makes perfect offhand weapon to go with MEP. PoP has average damage of 280, while Dog has 220. And PoP has MBS of just 1050 so Dog can catch up some before the nerf hits at 1.2k. And after that it does not take much AC for Dog to start shining.

And then the speed... If you want to fight on full agg then how much higher crit scope can you equip to enjoy those juicy crit modifiers in MEP and Dog? Also flight shot will be lightning fast compared to PoP.

In fact with this addition, and new Advy morphs, I am no longer certain if Crispy or Gelid advy is that much superior over MEP+Dog advy. This gun looks amazing.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 pm

MBS and crit scope are actually good points I hadn't really thought of, I was mostly focused on the large difference in damage range. I can't wait to try them on Luettl now :o

hybridyak
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by hybridyak » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:58 pm

The MA attack looks great... off I go to get it!
Serial "Dublivion" Slacker: Forever gimp
Myhealsare "Fullysikmate" Youdig: One of these days he will hit things gud
"Dangerwoman" 10,000 alien kills and counting
ToTW "Munkeemagik" Trasher: Forever twinking
"Subharmonic" There's no school like the old school

[- screenshots -]

Bowgie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Bowgie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:41 am

Lusto wrote:In fact with this addition, and new Advy morphs, I am no longer certain if Crispy or Gelid advy is that much superior over MEP+Dog advy. This gun looks amazing.
Right answer, but wrong reason. An end-game Adventy is still going to use a MEP + RoP (not the PoP). RoP has bonuses to health and other skills. Dog of War isn't going to help an endgame Adventy if he already has what's traditionally considered the "best" pistols. The problem with a pistol Adventy is that he's not equal to a melee Adventy until end-game. He has to suffer the whole way with sucky pistols while the melee one buys a pair of Crispy's on gms and is done. And that's assuming the pistol Adventy is lucky enough to score a rare Mist Filled Jar + a Worm Hippo-whatever from HI for his MEP, and get a RoP from a Mercs raid.

I think the new morphs and nanos are a big help to either type of Adventy, It certainly is a huge help to me (pistol user).

The value of the Dog of War is as a leveling pistol. Makes leveling a pistol Adventy bearable. And yes, it's a likely end-game weapon for just about any OTHER pistol using profession -- Just not automatically an Adventy lucky enough to have a MEP + RoP combo.

My original post was about my level 200 Engy with a MEP + Hectaleech (sp?). Dog of War is a much better off-hand pistol. If he already had a MEP + PoP, it would be tougher to say. Certainly, the Dog is much easier to equip than a PoP.

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Briandmg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:30 am

Would agree that a MEP + dog build would dish out insane damage on endgame raid bosses, especially with a +damage build and in sabretooth form. Also would agree that with the new gun, ranged advies may outperform melee advies. MEP+dog has higher overall minimum damage than x2 crispies, and is about the same speed as well. Let's not also forget the extreme prejudice buff which will allow a ranged advie's AR to outstrip melee advie's. The only thing lacking from ranged advies would be the backstab attack.

On a side note, has anyone tried soloing the bosses in The Reck yet? Do they require a team? How far can a L200 go in soloing content in The Reck?
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:51 am

In my personaly order of difficulty:

The Huzzum is a pretty easy kill and should not give anyone a headache.

The Wardog does have very little hp. At the very moment it is a question of who can fire the first alpha to get the kill.
Three of his adds cannot be avoided and have to be killed on a regular basis, but the Metal Grinder carries a rocket launcher and therefore cannot really harm anyone on foot.
His minions attack anyone in sight, even while grey to the player and cannot be charmed.

Skawt is hiding on the very opposite end from the entrance to his little enclosure.
Just to reach him people either have to rush through the numerous adds and hope for their panic mode to kick in or fight against the lot of them.
Small teams can very much be overwhelmed by the sheer number of adds, even a lvl 200 might die the death of a thousand papercuts.
Notably the EVO adds around Skawt are only (social) aggro while at least green to the player, therefore a lvl 200 player may disregard the minions outside the enclosure completely.
EVO Berserker are on top of that very resistant against calms and like all the adds cannot be charmed.
The fight against Skawt himself is pretty easy since he has neither obscene hp nor notable damage.

The two Lords of Sand have more hp and hit harder but the adds can be avoided completely, making them comparably easy targets as well.

The pvp-daily requires player to kill three guards and Commanders Williams / Jameson respectively.
Curiously neutral player can pick both missions at the same time.
The omni guards appear better equipped and better strategically placed, making additional adds the more likely (if their panic mode does not kick in anyways).
Both Commanders can be soloed. Care should be taken to avoid the respawning guards since the commanders cannot be pulled away much.
Kiting is an easy way to kill them. Professions with a snare/root should have no trouble killing them either as both are melee users and helpless against roots/snares.

The MAGS is true to slayer-form a melee mob and can be rooted/snared at leisure.
The turrets defending Solvic may join the fight, but can be avoided by fighting out of their range or line of sight.
Prime source of death is quite likely a random player zipping by and taking advantage of the flagged target.

High Commander Riker is a rather nasty encounter, however a capable player is still able to take her down solo.
Snaring or rooting is definitly not recommended since at least some of here four different damage types are ranged and she'll happily finish of anyone with crits up to 2.9k eager to try.
Kiting her is very much possible, special care should be taken for the rather short area this is possible in before her panic mode sets in.
It may be necessary to fight in range of two of the snipers beside her unless one goes over the saddle to her northwest and fights in the valley found there or brings her to the outmost western part of her field of action.
I'd rate her in difficulty slightly above Agitator Scarpese.
Similar to the MAGS, other players are the main reason for a visit to the reclaim, even more so as the MAGS is slightly to the south of the wompah and players zipping by most likely need to make a detour to encounter the slayer, while Riker is just behind the wompah, thus allowing anyone entering or exiting that way a clear view of the fight.

The Abandoned Hope is clearly the hardest fight one can pick in this playfield.
While the adds can be calmed, the massive HP of this Juggernaut promise a long fight similar to a lvl 250 dyna.
Nevertheless, it can be snared, rooted and init debuffed, will in turn however use the now familiar Summon nano to warp&root players to its location whenever it sees fit.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot