Bow special.

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.
Bovinedaddy
Fresh
Fresh

Bow special.

Post by Bovinedaddy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Kinda 2 parts here. I spotted some arrows in a terminal that required bow special skill? So gonna guess that they are ammo and different then normal bow ammo? Also as I know very little about bows in AO, is there any 1 prof that would excel with use of a bow?

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Re: Bow special.

Post by bronz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:38 pm

Martial artists tend to use bows because they have bow buffs (although they are not available to froobs) in the Kyudo line, they have green bow skill and bows use Physical init, rather than Melee init. Also bows like the Schuyler Pup are MA only. Also, generally MAs use bows for PvP where they use aimed shot and benefit from +crit nanos. They then drop the bow and continue as usual until AS recharges.

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened

Re: Bow special.

Post by Matammyr » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Bow specials are like fixer cluster bullets or MA specials - you can use them as an extra, special attack. Certain special arrows cause special effects on your target:

http://arcanum.aodevs.com/weapons_arrows.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In general I think they're underused, especially by froob MAs looking for something different. I don't believe any of the special arrows have an MA profession lock on them, so other common bow users can use them too (MPs for example).