max imps at lvl 200

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.
Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

max imps at lvl 200

Post by Bodies » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:20 am

Hi,

recently I have been calculating how much i would be able to get my treatment skill up because well, at lvl 200 I want my imps to be of a higher QL than me so I don't feel gimp :p, as I was calculating I was wondering how people could get the 230QL imps in and then I heard about the org contracts and maybe personal towers. Since I don't have these advantages and I am no org leader to install contracts and such (my org leader is almost never online when I am) I was wondering how high of a QL I should aim for without these. Anyone has some experience sith that who wants to share some info?

I was looking to get my treatment up but then all my slots are filled and it leaves no room for ability buffing items. So I will probably have to find a balance between using treatment stuffs and ability items somewhere. I dont think I would be able to get QL 230 imps in that way :/ correct me if i'm wrong.

Oh and i'm solitus btw. the reason for me asking is also because I dont want to start farming the 220 imps i can roll if I wouldn't be able to get some in. (I hate working for nothing)
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer
Bodiesslave 200 agent (buffing, tradeskilling, banking)

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Re: max imps at lvl 200

Post by Trappin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Wearing select QL220ish won't be too much of a problem. Wearing select QL230? Eh, that may present some serious problems. Maybe email the org leader and ask if they might swap contracts for a period of time? Worth a try, right?

You've got a lot of fun and funky gear on the L200 soldier - which means you prefer being unique and different. That comes at a cost - but I think it very cool. First decide what your goals are beyond wanting to wear QL230 imps. Are you looking to increase attack rating? Maybe refined Jobe radiation damage clusters? Refined skill lock mod cluster in the left hand maybe? Stuff like that.

Have you collected every piece of treatment gear you can think of? What about Sta/Str ability rings? froob friendly SL rings? Replacing some NCU for Spirit infused yuttos NCU will buy more treatment? Have Lya Sangi armor or Nomad armor?

Solitus Breed Caps:
* Strength 472
* Agility 480
* Stamina 480
* Intelligence 480
* Sense 480
* Psychic 480

bronz
Flagged
Flagged

Post by bronz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:53 pm

I've got ql 224 chest and 2x 225 arms in my atrox froob enfo. As a point of comparison ql 200's give 105 skill in the shiny cluster and 225's give 114. At a certain point you have to ask yourself if that 9 points is worth the hassle. Ql 200's req 951 treat while ql 225's req 1256. That's 300 more! Thus, the requirements scale horribly and the benefits are small at best. It "might" be worth it to drop in 220's or 225s but I see no point it killing yourself for the items to make up the difference between 225's and 230's for 2 more points of skill. Of course, its clearly up to you to decide if its worth it.

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:10 am

Bodies wrote:..at lvl 200 I want my imps to be of a higher QL than me so I don't feel gimp..
Never underestimate a psychological advantage like this one.

A quick glance at your auno setup shows that you already boosted the non-jobe-implants well beyond 200.
Only you, however, are able to judge wether it is worth spending a considerable amount of credits to boost the jobe ones as well.
In case you are just a few points shy of casting some vital nano, go for it!
In case you'd just end up boosting your Attackrating by 10 points for the cost of 100m, it would not be the best tradeoff there is.

Personally I'd simply get rid of the stamina cluster, unless you equip/unequip the CAC on a daily basis.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:13 am

I'm fairly certain I used an org contract to bump my treatment high enough to get QL231 implants in on my solitus soldier, but that was some years ago and it might have become easier to do now. At any rate, I suggest you use auno.org's equipment configurator to play around with various setups. A pair of Chapmans and a set of Spirit Infused Yuttos NCUs is definitely a great place to start. You could also ladder the treatment implants a bit to see how high you can get those. Then plan around putting in the implants that don't affect treatment or abilities first, like wrist implants and left hand. From there it becomes a bit of a puzzle; to put in high QL implants you may have to install temporary ability buffing implants (so don't put your refined chest implant in first if you need that extra stamina to install the arm implants). You'll simply have to work out the proper order to finalize your setup for each implant. Also take care that you don't need ability buffing imps to put in certain pieces of armor - you'll have to plan around that too.

Finally, once you know roughly what QLs you can get in, check the QL in auno's item database. The reason most of my implants are QL231 is because that is exactly the QL where all the skill and ability buffs go up by one, whether it's a faded, bright or shiny cluster. So settling for QL230 would have been a waste, and equally there would have been almost no advantage in going for 232 because they are pretty much identical to the 231s. So check whether it might be worth going for one or two QLs extra, or perhaps settling for something a QL or two lower. This might give you some leeway to remove a treatment buffing item and replace it with an appropriate ability buffing item.

But really, the key is copious planning. Figure out the order to put your implants in, and exactly what you have to do to get it in, without messing with the ones you've installed previously. Make plenty of equipment setups on auno so you know what to do at each step. Keep relevant trickle-down in mind, and track it as you put in and remove ability buffers along the way.
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:19 am

thx for all the tips.

My equip as listed below has indeed a stamina cluster in it and that is because i do equip and unequip the CAC regularly. I do this because i have to equip some stuffs to cast the FAT without OSBs I use a gun that gives extra stamina too to equip the CAC back on. to cast the FAT I use 2 rings of presence the nelebs cloak and the collar to get the nano skill. I might want to see if i can reach for some buffs I cant currently cast without OSBs.

as for treatment gears this is what i have atm
6x spirit infused yuttos QL 230, 8treatment a piece (=> doing the HI raids for that CL rings to equip those)(should plan a day for another one of those soonish)
full med suit (102 treatment) this includes the biomech cloak boots and helm
treatment library 18
cyborg tokenboard 25
OT-windchaser M06 Quartz 10 treatment
docaholic rings have a +11 and a +9 (should check if i have the band of dog molars somewhere for +14 or I should do quest)

I am saving for
docaholic +14 rings
treatment pistols
and i heard about a shoulder item too medical epoulet or something I cant find it on auno
So apart from the expensive things I have it all

By using the CAC armor there is not really anything that has to be twinked on with implants so when i get the highest possibe in I can equip all other stuff without any problems.

If I would be in an org with an anarchy style government can I then install the contracts myself?? Planting the towers should pose no problem I think. Just need to find some empty tower fields then ;)
Rain wrote:
Bodies wrote:
..at lvl 200 I want my imps to be of a higher QL than me so I don't feel gimp..
Never underestimate a psychological advantage like this one.
;) You got me there
tgjensen wrote:The reason most of my implants are QL231 is because that is exactly the QL where all the skill and ability buffs go up by one, whether it's a faded, bright or shiny cluster. So settling for QL230 would have been a waste, and equally there would have been almost no advantage in going for 232 because they are pretty much identical to the 231s. So check whether it might be worth going for one or two QLs extra, or perhaps settling for something a QL or two lower. This might give you some leeway to remove a treatment buffing item and replace it with an appropriate ability buffing item.
Good to know I might check various QL lvls and then see what changes.

grts
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer

tgjensen
Hardened
Hardened

Post by tgjensen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:23 am

Another possibility is to ask to temporarily join an org with high QL contracts/tower fields. I did that when I put my sleekblasters on. You might have to tip for it, especially if they have to swap contracts, but I think a lot of orgs tend to stick with a treatment contract as the default for twinking purposes.
Carrion level 200 Soldier
Piroth level 200 Nano-Technician
Ianney level 200 Bureaucrat
Gerbil level 200 Enforcer

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:00 am

Bodies wrote:...and i heard about a shoulder item too medical epoulet or something I cant find it on auno...
...If I would be in an org with an anarchy style government can I then install the contracts myself?? Planting the towers should pose no problem I think. Just need to find some empty tower fields then ;)
Standard Medical Epaulet, as stated ingame.

Im pretty sure the Anarchy government is a lie. The game still considers one player to be the leader of the org and grants him/her special rights like installing contracts.
Planting towers however should indeed be possible for any anarchist.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:19 am

Hi Bodies,

Anarchy government lets anyone install contracts, but only the org creator (which is still the untitled "leader" of the org) can remove contracts.

As for swapping items to cast buffs, you might consider some pistols instead of all that equipment. If your soldier is like mine, and you're planning on using treatment pistols eventually, you might as well consider using pistols to get the skills you need to cast your buffs. I have one pistol for BM and another pistol for PM. I think I use the switchable buff collar from the Foreman's Quest Line and pistols and that's all I need to swap to get the nano skills I need. I can hot swap between my hellfire and hellfury as well. Just stuff for you to consider, in case you hadn't already done so.

You can send me a message here if you plan on doing org hopping and want an org invite back to BA. I'm not in-game as much as I'd like, but I still peek at these forums for a few minutes every day.

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:41 pm

A quick glance at your auno setup shows that you already boosted the non-jobe-implants well beyond 200. Only you, however, are able to judge whether it is worth spending a considerable amount of credits to boost the jobe ones as well.
It pretty much comes down to that. I'd rather swap gear to buff than spend hours and hours and hours of farming, preparation, credits and complicated laddering to gain two points in a ability or three points in a nano skill. Some see it as pride of place, that's cool, and if you're one of those types of people, then go for it.

We all have different ways of looking at end game setups and their usefulness. My Engineer will never be able to wear high ql implants or 5/5 prisoner cloak back armors due to constant swapping of implants, gear and weapons for tradeskilling purposes.

I always dump 500ish points into Mechanical Engineering so all of my L200 characters can set QL220 Cyborg Service Towers, some players may see that as a waste of IP, while I find it rates as one of first importance.

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:30 am

Trappin wrote: We all have different ways of looking at end game setups and their usefulness. My Engineer will never be able to wear high ql implants or 5/5 prisoner cloak back armors due to constant swapping of implants, gear and weapons for tradeskilling purposes.
Well as far as endgame setup I think bodies is staying a CAC soldier and apart from 2 rust pitted rings and higehr QL fashionable energy rings its nearly done. Even with higher imps I would still need to swap things for highest buffs and would probably not gain that much from the extra skill that comes with higher QL imps but I would like to see how far I can push it. (still need some twinking gear as well when I decide to go for it).

My agent on the other hand will never get imps past 200 or even 210 maybe since like your engi I constantly swap them to do tradeskills and buff casting.

I know I will probably spend too much creds on it for what its worth but as stated before the psychological effect of being an uber froob plays part in that ;), and as long as I have creds to spend I would be more tempted to buy the stuff I need instead of organizing more froobraids to get the stuff ;)
Llie wrote:As for swapping items to cast buffs, you might consider some pistols instead of all that equipment.
I was thinking of twinking them on so I wouldn't have to spend much IP in here.

grts
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer

Lusto
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Lusto » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:45 am

There are lot of new alts in Froob200 now, perhaps its time for Whack-The-Jack raid? Its actually pretty fun farming operation when you do it in a good team.
Lusto (level 200 doc) Lostu (level 200 adv) Losto (level 200 MP) Lustu (level 199 Soldier)
Lyrangitus (level 100 Trader) Lyran (level 74 Agent) Lyrangitis (level 25 Doctor)
Froob Since 2005, Member of Wolf Brigade, Founding Member of Froob200