New Graphics Engine NOW available on Testlive!

Got something related to in-game that doesn't really fit elsewhere? This is the place.
Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:22 am

thought maybe some that are wanting to know and only peek here might want to know

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Re: New Graphics Engine NOW available on Testlive!

Post by Xaat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:49 am

I must have missed it in the notes or they didn't add it in the notes, but pre-made imps in 18.8 are no longer in Fair trade shops, I had asked in social, I got a reply they're only available in Omni and Clan Basic shops.
The way the reply came as if this was a planed changed
this will make it tough if it happens for those going neutral. I didn't go into Bor and checked the shop there, maybe I should have before mentioning the no premade imps for Neutrals and in Fair trade anymore ,
I'll take a quick peek, if I don't change/edit this post in the next 30 minutes, then it's true

ETA: . . yeah currently there is no where a Neutral can purchase Pre-made Implants

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Not even ICC? I can't remember if there is premade imps in the fancy implant shop there.
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Randomchance wrote:Not even ICC? I can't remember if there is premade imps in the fancy implant shop there.
Implant shops just sell basic (clean) implants, and the clusters. I checked Fair trade in ICC, actually the was the first place I discovered no premade implant vendors, I later checked fair trade in Newland city, and one other locations that I can't recall.
later I checked Bor. I thought that the one shop closer to the grid terminal, I thought it was like the Basic shop, and didn't have the Fair trade name, but when I looked, it does have fair trade name and so, Now the idea it was a basic shop like Omni and/or Clan Basic shop went out the door

my hopes here is someone that can post in the official forums can confirm this for me. I don't really see any other neutrals in Testlive, so they may just not have noticed that Neutrals are out on getting premades, oh and they now only go up to QL 100.
I didn't mind things like Omni Med suits Vendor purchases, being only available for Omni's, but now premade implants. oh my noooo

guess I'm just hoping it's just part of an incomplete version , and the no premade implant vendors for Neutrals is just a temporary thing

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19 pm

crisis averted
they did patch test live again, and the premade implants are back in Fair trade shops

Phew was worried about that not getting fixed

So looks like all will be good tomorrow, Personally I think it's too soon for 18.8, and at the same time damn that took a while :mrgreen:

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:28 am

AO new engine is actually a thing now? I guess I should go check hell's temperature, maybe get one of those free skii trips Satan is handing out.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

arcot
Fresh
Fresh

Post by arcot » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:20 pm

I'd like to try it but I'm currently low on disk space and I'm worried it won't run or run well on my laptop.
my toon list
Thartiel lvl 168 and counting neut soli engineer
Mysticthar lvl 123 neut nanomage MP

Xaat
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Xaat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:24 pm

some say play AoC, same engine, but same was said about AoC and TSW, and for me there was a difference.

My machine can play AoC, except when there is a event running, it can play TSW, as long as I am solo and no one else is near me, and that would give me 13-17 FPS

AoC if no event, and in team I can maintain 17-20 fps, soloing I can reach up to 60fps, but avg 35-38fps

for a reference, this is what I have to play with
P4k
Asus ENGTX 560 DCII OC
3G memory
NO sound card or onboard sound, using head set
XPpro

I didn't try the new engine yet for AO, my thoughts on it was from the chatter in Chat in TestLive

smileocho
Flagged
Flagged

Post by smileocho » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:50 pm

*head explodes*
smileocho - 200 Advy http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smilesteal - 200 Mp http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=189264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vanquishh - 199 Enfo healdelta setup

Bovinedaddy
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bovinedaddy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Tried the new engine. I can see some differences, some new graphical stuff going on. It's either my machine or AO doesn't like it when I alt+tab to the desktop or to another game instance as I'll see the blue screen when I run the new engine. Then there's the beautiful graphic's at the character selection screen. I can see shiny armor and such, then log in and nothing is shiny anymore. That aside, I like the changes they made and what's been added. It wont hold up to current game technology in new games/mmo's but I still enjoy AO all the more.

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:58 am

Well I tried this new engine too but AO is an old game and the normal client is not very fond of my dynamic switchable graphics technology on my laptop so I was hoping that a new graphics engine would be able to work with such graphics technology and would run smoother than normal client....

First of the character selection screen looked promising but once in the game the framerate is even worse than with the normal client oon my laptop. So long story short I still play in old engine without being able to use my laptop graphix technology. I really hope Funcom works on supporting these kind of technologies so i can run again with a nice FPS and full details again.
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer
Bodiesslave 200 agent (buffing, tradeskilling, banking)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:24 pm

Did you try playing with the settings to optimise it? Sometimes it can be surprising; in my case for example, turning off high grass improves frame rate quite a bit.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Bodies
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Bodies » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Even with low details the fps isn't that great, both old and new engine just don't seem to recognise my graphics card.
Bodies 200 soldier
Witbaard 168 enforcer
Bodiesslave 200 agent (buffing, tradeskilling, banking)