Known Issues

Please put all suggestions or requests for help regarding the AOFroobs website here.
snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Known Issues

Post by snarfblatt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:47 am

DocJones wrote:Can i have the following link moved/copied next to the user control panel? That way, i can access it anytime :)
I'll see if this is possible, the framework of the forum may not allow it, since those are technically different modules in the software.
DocJones wrote: And perhaps fix the header using a frame? I know that frames are a bit outlawed but perhaps you could consider this?
Not happening. No Frames. No Way! I actually feel physical pain when I see a website with frames... #-o
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Snarfblatt (Engie) - Ex-President - Knights of Ka
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:50 am

snarfblatt wrote:
DocJones wrote:Can i have the following link moved/copied next to the user control panel? That way, i can access it anytime :)
I'll see if this is possible, the framework of the forum may not allow it, since those are technically different modules in the software.
DocJones wrote: And perhaps fix the header using a frame? I know that frames are a bit outlawed but perhaps you could consider this?
Not happening. No Frames. No Way! I actually feel physical pain when I see a website with frames... #-o
... on both topics: gimme developer access ? ;)
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

idef
Flagged
Flagged

Post by idef » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:45 am

You could install your own phpbb forum and try it there? And post patches to Snarf when successfull. Or wait, did you ask access to Snarfs Secret Devsite (I know you have one!)?
And atleast few years ago phpbb2 was PAIN to upgrade if you modified it even little, you'd either had to re-apply your modifications everytime they found vulnerabilities or apply security patches mostly manually. (And I don't use all-caps lightly.)
Don't ask me, I just lurk here... and post mostly webdev stuff. What was this forum about again?
Idef 174 fixer / Badhorse 200 crat with the hat / Aidef 220/30/70 fixer (this one might be paid)

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:58 pm

snarfblatt wrote::wav:

I finally got the "Latest Forum Topics" module working on the home page. Enjoy!
/me imitates Dr. Frankenstein.

"It's alive! IT'S AAALLLIIIVVVEEE!!!" :twisted:

(Couldn't resist :D )
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

Satertek
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Satertek » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:50 pm

The save drafts button. Either fix it or remove it as I keep accidentally clicking save instead of submit and losing posts #-o
Froob Main: Blizt - 185 GA4 Trox Fixer
Sloob Main: Cania - 214/15 Shade - On Vacation
Other RK2 Chars: Mishon - Froob Trader, Satertek - Doctor, Edmure - Keeper

Woodlands
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Woodlands » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Thanks for bringing back the Latest Forum Topics box! *does happy dance*
Current status: Playing on and off during the weekends.
Alt-itis: Nanowoody 49/Omni/NT/NM -> Utterly phail at kiting Level 81 claws. Trader, MP, Soldier, Enfo, Crat, heck..I've got one of each prof!
Woodlands - Level 178 + dual Crispies. Hates the grinding again.
Future wish list: 2x Gelid Blades, MoTR.

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:16 am

Satertek wrote:The save drafts button. Either fix it or remove it as I keep accidentally clicking save instead of submit and losing posts #-o
I got no problem with it, works just fine.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 am

Irmp wrote:
You could install your own phpbb forum and try it there? And post patches to Snarf when successfull. Or wait, did you ask access to Snarfs Secret Devsite (I know you have one!)?
And atleast few years ago phpbb2 was PAIN to upgrade if you modified it even little, you'd either had to re-apply your modifications everytime they found vulnerabilities or apply security patches mostly manually. (And I don't use all-caps lightly.)
Heyas,

Usually a nice combination of find, grep, xargs and diff will reveal the differences between a original release and a modified one. Typically if i start to modify a certain software-packet, i duplicate the original state and work on the copy. Using the above shown commands, i can easily extract the modifications and apply them to a new release. Sure it's a pain, but acutally thats what currently happens on the joomla CMS showing the main page of aofroobs.com: Snarf has to redevelop the modules "show recent posts", "skill chart", "mission calculator", "shop food evaluator" and perhaps a few more ("picture gallery" was some trouble, too) after migrating from v2 to v3.

Principally, i am asking for some personally requested features (frames, another link to the "view new posts" function in the user panel) because even if i had developer access to create them myself, i wouldn't program them right away, since i wanted to know if it's generally requested feature or if it's likely to be flamed ("Frames!" ;)).

regards
/z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Satertek
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Satertek » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:59 am

Tarradax wrote:
Satertek wrote:The save drafts button. Either fix it or remove it as I keep accidentally clicking save instead of submit and losing posts #-o
Hmm, so it is working now. The other day I got a draft not saved message and lost a post. I'll assume someone fixed it. Good job! :o
Froob Main: Blizt - 185 GA4 Trox Fixer
Sloob Main: Cania - 214/15 Shade - On Vacation
Other RK2 Chars: Mishon - Froob Trader, Satertek - Doctor, Edmure - Keeper

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 am

Satertek wrote:
Tarradax wrote:
Hmm, so it is working now. The other day I got a draft not saved message and lost a post. I'll assume someone fixed it. Good job! :o
Actually, it's one of the things I tested for Snarfy before the new version went live... It was working fine back then, too. More likely it wasn't broken and you just had some pesky one-time crapout.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:53 am

The recent posts list on the main page is giving me an error with internet explorer, but it seems to work fine with firefox.
If I click the title I get an url like this one; http://www.aofroobs.com/../forum/index. ... =viewtopic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The /../ shouldn't be there, if I manually remove it, in the address bar after clicking the link, it is fixed.
To clarify, so what it should be instead is: http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/index.php ... =viewtopic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snarfblatt » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:54 am

Saavick wrote:The recent posts list on the main page is giving me an error with internet explorer, but it seems to work fine with firefox.
If I click the title I get an url like this one; http://www.aofroobs.com/../forum/index. ... =viewtopic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The /../ shouldn't be there, if I manually remove it, in the address bar after clicking the link, it is fixed.
To clarify, so what it should be instead is: http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/index.php ... =viewtopic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok.. I'll check that one out.
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:45 am

Another thing I just noticed, the recent posts lists doesn't use my time zone settings. It uses some american time zone it seems.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor

snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snarfblatt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:38 am

Saavick wrote:Thanks :)
Another thing I just noticed, the recent posts lists doesn't use my time zone settings. It uses some american time zone it seems.
Try going into the "My Details" page on the front page of the site. I think there is a timezone setting in there and I think that should affect the timezone of that block. If it doesn't let me know.
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:45 am

I set that to my time zone but it doesn't change the time on the main page (I'm not sure if it's only that block though or also the announcements, I can't compare those). The times are displayed in my time zone though on http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;