How to buy an yalmaha in 10 hours

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
s2173
Rookie
Rookie

How to buy an yalmaha in 10 hours

Post by s2173 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:04 am

Well, this is what i personally did with my lvl 14 untwinked char (lvl 12 at the beggining) to buy myself a yalm. And yes, i am able to drive it. English is not my languige and I haven wrote any guides before, but i hope this is going to be useful for someone.

First, look at this site:
http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... nk=3&id=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is what we will do next 10 hours.

Now, go to Newland city and save your char there. If your char is below 15, death has no negative conclusions, so we will use it as transpontation.

Recomended to have 40k, but with 10 you'l be just fine.
Buy 1 backpack, 1 Expendable Hologram Camera (from trade section of a basic store), ID-extractor (from Basic tools) and one pair of Blue Boots (from the basic stores, if you have luck, i never managed to find them)

Important to note is, that the guide in the link guides you to make TWO sets of basic clothes, and you need only one.

So, you need:
5 light biomeshes
3 heavy biomeshes
(you can get some more of both just to be sure, and btw, they sell for around 1k at the shops)
Body Heat Pattern Analyzer
Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles
Hair Care Contraption
Antiseptic Protector
TWO Anti-Perspiring Padding
TWO Transparent Thermostatic Vest

Hope you got good map, mine (AORK) had the locations of all npc marked, download it.

First the biomeshes - from newland city head north, till you get to Master Divenchy. Its full of mobs in the way, but most won't aggro at your level. Important: If anyone attacks you, stop and kill him, otherwise you'l get to Master Divenchy with 1001 rollerrats on you tale, which is unpleasant. Talk to him, get the Meta Roentgen Scanner and go south. There is a long canyon over there, full with mobs, but most wont aggro, you can kill the others.

You can find both lizards in this canyon, if you surch enough, and once you find them, you can go back, they dont move much around. After you mark them, go back and give him the tool. Do that 8 times, 5 for light and 3 for heavy. Don't try to get the 8 quests at once, cause it won't work, only one at a time. Now you got the meshes.

Talk Master Divenchy and get the quest for Anti-Perspiring Padding. Run around and attack random mobs, till you get killed. Respawn at Newland city and take the Wompah to Newland Desert. Run north-east, till you get to rhinoman's canyon. Rhinomans won't attack you, but beware of the rhinoman boss! He is somwhere in the middle of the canyon, but may be anywhere else, so try to avoid him. Talk to Herbalist Gerard and get your herbs in a jar for 1000 crd. Now go talk to the rhinoman boss, who isn't wery talkative and will kill you in one strike. Respawn in newland, go give the jar to Master Divenchy, then get your jar back. Get the same quest again and proceed the same way. Now you have 2 Anti-Perspiring Padding's.

Talk to him and get the quest for Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips. This is the longest quest, it will take you at least three hours. Run around, get killed, respawn in newland, go to newland desert, start running south-east. And run. Run, run, run... If anything attacks you, don't stop. Run, till you get to Gilbert, near a round tower. The OSS guard will take care of the angry mobs after you. Take the bottle from Gilbert, attack the guard, respawn at newland city. Go to Neuters 'R bar (hope you know where it is, its full of important NPC's), give the bottle to the bartender, take the note, run to whompa, go to new. desert and take the longest jurney to Gilbert. He will give you the quest for the machine and a note with the code. Now you need the color codes. Attack the guard, respawn, go to New. Desert, start running north-west, till you get to Penelope. and ask her for her favorite color. This is the first code. But since we are here, let's first do the Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles quest.

Get the note from her, get killed, respawn and run back to Gilbert (last time, I promise!). Give him the note, get the boots, attack the guard, respawn, go to Penelope and give her the boots. Simple. Now you have the Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles.

Continue to south, till you get to the inspector. Talk to him about random things, till he mentions a color (the name of somebody's father is John Green...something like that). And since we are here, let's do the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer quest.

Talk to him about the murder, ask to help him, he gives you Marciello's ID Scanner. Combine the Camera and the ID extractor, get the chip, combine the chip and the scanner, give the contract and the scanner to Marchello. Take the ID disk, attack a guard, respawn. Then ask around the Neuters 'R bar, everyone gives you clues, you are left with one possible suspect, simple. (who to ask: bartender, Good Time's Party Mixer, Misa Ramirez). Go tag the suspect. Lets hope it's not Gilbert! Then talk to the inspector again. Now you have the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer.

Now let's finish this glove thing! Gilbert gave you random mission location, similliar to the missions from the terminals, you even get tokens. Go there, kill everything and find the Machine. Talk to it, enter the codes and get the Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips. Now take the fingertips from your invertory and use them on the machine. This is sopposed to be important, better do it, or you'll have to do ALLLLLL this code and Gilbert thing again! So, now you finally have the Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips.

Now go talk to Master Diverchy, (you know how to travel, right?) and get the Transparent Thermostatic Vest quest. Get killed, respawn to Newland City, go around the city and talk to Mery-Ann. After she finishes, attack the nearby guard, get killed, respawn. Now take the whompa to borealis, exit borealis through the north gate, go around the walls, then go west on the patch of earth trough the lake, and you'll find Maud Stevens. I bought the chip from her for 10k, if you don't have the money, you can do the quest, but frankly i have no idea what it is. When you get the chip, type
/terminate, because there is no monsters around. Respawn and go find Brb, who is right by the whompas. Give him the chip and talk to him a little, he's a funny guy. Go around the city again, find Mary-An and give her the good news. Then talk to her again an get the quest again. Repeat. Now you have two Transparent Thermostatic Vest's. Two more to go, and they are easy.

Talk to Master Diverchy again and get the Antiseptic Protector quest. Instead of diyng, start running staight north to the next zone. Simon Stark is on a hill, there is also a OSS guard to take care of any trains. Talk to Simon, he wants pills. Attack the guard, respawn, take the wompah to Newland Desert. Ethel Anthony is right to whompas and gives you a random quest like the ones from terminals (with tokens!). Go there and kill everything, loot Filthy Luca, he's got the pills. Get killed, respawn, head north past Master Diverchy, get to Simon Stark, give him the pills. Now you got the Antiseptic Protector. One more to go.

Run back to Master Diverchy and get the Hair Care Contraption quest. Get killed, respawn. Go talk to Fritz, he wants boots. Hope you found the blue boots in the shops, cause the bastard wont take anything else! Give him the boots. Done! Finish! Wow!

Go sit in a peaceful place and start combining the stuff. Use the linked guide, i forgot everything. You got to end up with two basic sleewes, basic west, basic footwear, basic legwear, basic cloath, basic headwear, basic gloves. (umm...did i miss something?)

Now offer "full set of basic clothes for 10m" on the shopping channel. Maybe it was luck, but i sold mine right away (for 9 m, because didn't have the headwear - these boots...grr). And you are left with backpack full of trash and 10 million in your pocket, stunned from how easy it is (well, 10-12 hours... not so easy,but anyway...)

Now let's find a yalm. You are looking for a 5m yalm with requirement 81 in vehicle air. There are three shops: One in Borealis, one in Newland and one in Old Athen (or somewhere in Rome... I'm clan). Don't know exacly where the shops are, look around. Now you have to start circling these shops, till you find what you're looking for. I think the stock respawns every 5 min, if there's no people inside (and usially there isn't). Maybe i was lucky again, but i found it after 6 circles around these three shops. If you dont find any, well, you still have your 10m, so go to sub and get 10-20 levels, then buy more expensive yalm. If you DO find it... well, at this level you can have around 65 in vehicle air, so if you have a friend fixer, let him make you an implant for +20 in vehicle air, or try to roll the implant, or... well, go make few more levels at the subway.

So, that's it. Guess i have to edit the post and stuff, but i'm going to sleep. Hope it'll be useful for somebody.
Last edited by s2173 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: How to buy an yalmaha in 10 hours

Post by Saavick » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:23 am

Nice work, good info =D>
It would definitely benefit from some more clear formatting though :shock:
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Just a small suggestion - Proof reading. That wall-o'-text is quite unreadable.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 am

Saavick wrote:It would definitely benefit from some more clear formatting though :shock:
Tarradax wrote:Just a small suggestion - Proof reading. That wall-o'-text is quite unreadable.
echo
echo
echo
echo
echo
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)

Clan? RK2? Join Knights of Ka

babaoroody
Hardened
Hardened

Post by babaoroody » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Nice guide. :D

White space is your friend. :rolleyes:

Shop terminals restock every 2 minutes, IF no one is in the shop, so it pays to try less popular shops, like Tir (for clan).
Baba
Back in game 2019 after long time away
Mostly playing:
Babaengy - TL4 Engy Froob
Babaemphee - TL4 MP Froob
Babacratus - TL5 nano Bureaucrat (paid account) RK2

Retired or only brought out for special occasions:
Babaoroody - TL5 atrox Enforcer Froob RK2
Babaente - TL3 nano NT Froob
Tireen - TL3 solitus Trader Froob

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:38 pm

babaoroody wrote: IF no one is in the shop
Those pesky gnomes don't like to restock the shops while ppl are watching them.
Last edited by Saavick on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken syntax
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Dako-ta
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Dako-ta » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 am

Just a brief addition.

Many players seem to forget that there is a Supplies store (aka, "Trader Shop," "Yalm Shop") near Harry's (Pointer position: ca. 3047 x 3033). It's not quite as easy to get to as the ones in Borealis & Newland City (and probably out of reach for the typical level 14 char, as the CompLit req. for the grid would be too high), but it is there, for the desperate. :)
Regards,

Dako-ta

Ginnie, level 200 Nanomage Engineer
Astericka, GA4 Fixer, level 199
Aethericka, level 174 Meta-Physicist
Evonlea, level 174 Trader
Pimpernel, level 170 Agent
Robinjo, 1HE level 138 Adventurer
Tominkai, level 127 Soldier
Bashbashkill, 2HB Enforcer, level 100
Filene, level 100 'Crat
Rogier, non-GA Fixer, level 100
Gearjammer, level 100 Opifex Engineer
Aetherielle, level 100 MP
chars 60 & under too numerous to list :D-

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:04 am

Shop terminals restock every 6 minutes - IF no one is in, nor enters the shop - so it pays to check less popular stores.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:06 am

To add some more confusion, I think it's 3 minutes and not 2 or 6 :)
To time this easily, you can exit a shop, wait for auto afk to kick in and then reenter.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:05 am

There are actually TWO shops in Old Athen that sell Yalms, both titled "Luxury Supplies". It may increase your chances of finding a good one, it may not. Just thought I'd let everyone know that there was an extra.
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

Stigman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stigman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:57 pm

Basic Armor...

For those that like to get credz reasonably fast (count me in :mrgreen: ), Basic Armor set selling (once the quest has been done for the Body Heat tool) is a sure fire win.

You'll find after a few runs of the quests for the armor parts you should easily get it down to under 1 hr per whole set ...maybe a lil longer for lowbie toons.

Worth noting that you can buy the Blue Boots by the bagful and also buy the ID Tags one after another to save you the trip there each time. Another trick to reducing the time also is that you can give the guy (whatsisname - sleeve guy that gives the serum stuff *cough* been a while since i've done that quest :laughing6: ) the credz without going thru all the dialog (was told this by a Basic Armor farmer, never tested myself).

I'm an avid ts'er i'm happy to pay 15m for a set and its a good rate to sell at (i'm not surprised your set for 10m was snapped up :laughing4: )

And a lil trick for farming the meshes quicker is to debuff the 2 mobs and drag then to the guy that gives the mishs for the meshs, this way you can *clicky* click* *clicky* without ever moving.

And because the mishs for the gloves / pants scale to the toon doing the mish this way of making credz is doable on almost any level toon.

Thats fr00b win <3
.:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer : I Make It, You Buy It ::.
.:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten ::.

.:: Stained in Glass ::.

Joozie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Joozie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:45 am

Oh this is great! Im going to try it :)

Thank you for the guide.
kinda going back and forth between the two realms :P
MA highest toon still trying to level, stuck at lvl100 gimp
so many countless alts :)

exobeating
Rookie
Rookie

Post by exobeating » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey, I just wanted clarification on something. Since I already have the Body Heat Pattern Analyzer, do I still need to run that part of the quest?

stodge
Amateur
Amateur

Post by stodge » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Some additional suggestions you may find useful (or maybe not!):

Light and Heavy Biomeshes
  • s2173 wrote: You can find both lizards in this canyon, if you surch enough, and once you find them, you can go back, they dont move much around.
    I would suggest you to use as a very first character a bureaucrat for being able to use calms ( yes! I know: crats are hard to be played; but, if you can learn all their toolset since start, they are great); even if the very first crat calm nano has a very short duration (35 seconds), it is a peculiarity of the calmed npcs to remain for a certain period of time in a state of "paralysis" after the calm itself has expired: this means that once you have hooked the igruana/mornitor to Divenchy, you can litterally "park" them in a confortable spot casting a calm on them; they will remain in the same spot for much longher then the 35s of the calm; if you see them starting to scatter around again you can just recalm.
  • You don't have to redo all the conversation with Divenchy once you have done the targheting on igruana/mornitor: just open the "give item" window on his chat window and put the scanner in there and press ok; you will obtain the quest update and the biomesh piece will be spawned in your inventory. ( in fact, once i have parked the igruana/mornitor and calmed them, i always leave the master divenchy chat window opened so i can "do the trick" faster!) this will also set the NPC dialogue so that you can ask him again for biomesh pieces immediatly.
Anti-Perspiring Padding
  • s2173 wrote: Talk Master Divenchy and get the quest for Anti-Perspiring Padding. Run around and attack random mobs, till you get killed. Respawn at Newland city and take the Wompah to Newland Desert. Run north-east, till you get to rhinoman's canyon. Rhinomans won't attack you, but beware of the rhinoman boss! He is somwhere in the middle of the canyon, but may be anywhere else, so try to avoid him. Talk to Herbalist Gerard and get your herbs in a jar for 1000 crd. Now go talk to the rhinoman boss, who isn't wery talkative and will kill you in one strike. Respawn in newland, go give the jar to Master Divenchy, then get your jar back. Get the same quest again and proceed the same way. Now you have 2 Anti-Perspiring Padding's.
    Same as above; once you reach Herbalist just give him the jar + 1000 creds without any talk at all; it will give you the update!
Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips
  • s2173 wrote: Talk to him and get the quest for Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips. This is the longest quest, it will take you at least three hours. Run around, get killed, respawn in newland, go to newland desert, start running south-east. And run. Run, run, run... If anything attacks you, don't stop. Run, till you get to Gilbert, near a round tower. The OSS guard will take care of the angry mobs after you. Take the bottle from Gilbert, attack the guard, respawn at newland city. Go to Neuters 'R bar (hope you know where it is, its full of important NPC's), give the bottle to the bartender, take the note, run to whompa, go to new. desert and take the longest jurney to Gilbert. He will give you the quest for the machine and a note with the code. Now you need the color codes. Attack the guard, respawn, go to New. Desert, start running north-west, till you get to Penelope. and ask her for her favorite color. This is the first code. But since we are here, let's first do the Multi-Grip Cybernetic Soles quest.
    For this part there is a "trick" that it's not mentioned on the AO Universe guide: it will let you skip the "bring bottle to bartender" quest. What i suggest is using for this part a character whose level is strictly equal to 5, i will explain later why. First of all, move this level5 to New Land Desert (NLD) using whom-pa system and save at the insurance terminal behind it; next, go have a nice walk in the desert to visit Gilbert and ask him for the Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips (SCF); after some dialogues he will inform you that he wants something done in exchange for the informations about SCF, and will spawn his organizer in your inventory: at this point, instead of giving his organizer back as suggested in AOU guide, right click it in your inventory, and only then return it back to him; this will somehow making Gilbert forget about the New Land City (NLC) bartender delivery and, after another statement by you in the dialogue with him, immediatly upload in your quest window the location for the SCF, saving you the trip to NLC; now... here is why it is important to have gone through all this mess with a level 5 character: as suggested by s2173, just suicide yourself attacking the guard behind Gilbert. Once spawned at the insurance point you may be pleased to notice that the mission location for SCF is just on the other part of the whom-pa in the little building beside the general shop: this is guaranteed 100% of the times if you stay at level5! (this, i bilieve, but could be horribly wrong tough, has something to share with the way RK missions locations are settled in game: when you rise your level, the mission location is going to be pushed further and further away from the playfield you are using to spawn it).
  • About the color code, visiting Penelope and Marcello is not required; the code will always be a combination of GREEN (G) and BROWN (B): so it may be GG, GB, BB or BG.
    (in the AOU guide replies, someone wrote that sometimes this is not the right combination: in the lot of basic fashion sets i've farmed so far, i have got also once or twice a different color combination but, since i've discovered this level 5 character method, the 4 combinations i've mentioned have worked for me).
Transparent Thermostatic Vest
  • s2173 wrote:Now go talk to Master Diverchy, (you know how to travel, right?) and get the Transparent Thermostatic Vest quest. Get killed, respawn to Newland City, go around the city and talk to Mery-Ann. After she finishes, attack the nearby guard, get killed, respawn. Now take the whompa to borealis, exit borealis through the north gate, go around the walls, then go west on the patch of earth trough the lake, and you'll find Maud Stevens. I bought the chip from her for 10k, if you don't have the money, you can do the quest, but frankly i have no idea what it is. When you get the chip, type
    /terminate, because there is no monsters around. Respawn and go find Brb, who is right by the whompas. Give him the chip and talk to him a little, he's a funny guy. Go around the city again, find Mary-An and give her the good news. Then talk to her again an get the quest again. Repeat. Now you have two Transparent Thermostatic Vest's. Two more to go, and they are easy.
    Again, once at Maud Stevens just drop her the 10k and you are done, no need to go through all the chatting; unfortunately, the ID-CHIP is now NO-DROP and UNIQUE, that means you cannot collect anymore more then one at once from her as someone else suggested in a thread above this.
Antiseptic Protector
  • s2173 wrote:Talk to Master Diverchy again and get the Antiseptic Protector quest. Instead of diyng, start running staight north to the next zone. Simon Stark is on a hill, there is also a OSS guard to take care of any trains. Talk to Simon, he wants pills. Attack the guard, respawn, take the wompah to Newland Desert. Ethel Anthony is right to whompas and gives you a random quest like the ones from terminals (with tokens!). Go there and kill everything, loot Filthy Luca, he's got the pills. Get killed, respawn, head north past Master Diverchy, get to Simon Stark, give him the pills. Now you got the Antiseptic Protector. One more to go.
    I suggest to use again the level 5 character here, so to have Filthy Luca quest location placed at the same spot as for Gilbert part; after you have the quest uploaded from Simon, use the guard trick and be respawned at NLD whom-pa: Ethel will be just in front of you, talk to her, get the quest for Filthy Luca, walk for 10 seconds and you are already inside the mission location: how convenient eh! ;) when you are back at Simon Stark just give him the pills without any talk and you are done; at this point you may grab the quest from Simon again: in fact, this part of the whole quest can be chain-repeated at will fast! The latter is my personal suggestion for a very beginner, instead to collect a full basic fashion set, at first, just collect Antiseptic Protector pieces, process them into Basic Fashion Legwear, and sell them to market: doing this, i've been able to sell them for 5m (read 5 millions) a piece practically as soon as i've sent the message on the market channel, and people were constantly advising me they would have been more then happy to buy other pieces if i was going to farm them ( i did 5m but i bet you can try even an higher price for them ;) check GMI system to have an idea and cut that price down!); if you can manage to sell one piece you can buy a yalmah, and collecting the other pieces of the basic fashion will be much much faster for you. This method will not require you to use clicksaver at all for farming your very first credits in game (tough i strongly suggest anyone still reading this post to have clicksaver and to learn how to use it!)
Final Notes
  • s2173 wrote:Now offer "full set of basic clothes for 10m" on the shopping channel. Maybe it was luck, but i sold mine right away (for 9 m, because didn't have the headwear - these boots...grr). And you are left with backpack full of trash and 10 million in your pocket, stunned from how easy it is (well, 10-12 hours... not so easy,but anyway...)
    The current rate (02/02/2015) for a full set is 75m-100m; as everything in game, the price for it may vary a lot with time, as you can see from "s2173" quote above, so, check shopping channels or ask in game for current prices when you are going to start the farming.
  • I've noticed that blue boots are often spawned in the basic shop in NLC, so it may be worthy to start looking for them there :)(edit 12/06/15: Due to recent 18.7 family patches, the cloth booths are no more present in the standard shops. Blue boots are now sold in Miir's shops)
Good Farming all!!! ( "good" and "farming" in the same sentence!? [-X )
Last edited by stodge on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

geostar1024
Rookie
Rookie

Post by geostar1024 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:14 am

I just sold a set for 20m, which is probably a bit on the low side, judging by the current market prices (next time I think I'll start at 25m). It took me 7 hours 50 minutes to get one full set and a part (the glove and leg armor quests are annoying), and I got lucky enough to land a ql30 yalmaha almost immediately! Considering that my bank account was sitting at just over 5k before I made the sale, having it shoot up to 20m right after was awesome. In any case, this guide still totally works, and though it's a pain to get through on foot the first time, it's very much worth it.

A couple of notes:
  • I had to go north of the crash site and zone into Newlands Desert in order to find an igruana; mine was just south of Simon Stark's hill.
  • It is possible to end up with two (or more) simultaneous quests for the Sensitive Cybernetic Fingertips, and it's not clear which one code you get from Penelope and Marciello will work on. I haven't tested the brute force method that stodge recommends, but it is probably worth a shot if you end up in that situation.
  • EDIT: only one of those quests can actually be successfully completed; the others just end when you right-click on The Machine. And I can confirm that brute forcing the color code seems to always work.
EDIT: I've now sold a few sets at 40m apiece, so that seems to be a good offering price.