Share your knowledge!

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Share your knowledge!

Post by JLax » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:25 pm

This topic is mostly going to be for people to share interesting things they know about item drops/mechanics or anything froob, that isent readily available(and updated) elsewhere, such as farm GA/miys etc.
(Also to remind people/ updated older topics that are far down the list and hard to find).
Everyone is welcome to ask questions and answer them, though try to check all other answers/questions before you ask, check http://www.ao-universe.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and possibly the main AO forums (this topic is for fr00b things only, but includes SL/AI items that can be used by froobs).
When linking / describing and item it would be best to use https://aoitems.com/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , as its kept updated.

Il start with some totw info, Skull of the Ancient drops from Nematet, It took roughly 30 kills for it to drop for me today, but ive been luckier before and have a total of 6 now among my toons, this is the first time it took more than 10 kills. Its the only non-prof locked head implant that gives STA/AGI/STR which can sometimes be really useful.
I havent killed the Azzy trio much recently, so does anyone know if Inner Faith drops at all? I really doubt it does, however seeing as the brain implant dropped,

The trade-skill parts of Metallic Mantis Body Armor , and the other armor parts ( Aoitems Search ) no longer drop in smugglers den, but still exists, and parts now drop ql 200 from The Collector in Pande. It now gives +10 to all damage. (This may be old news, im not often up-to-date with patches).

New Reck weapons on auno damage calculator (burst/FA modifier is found by ticking Verbose box on aoitems)
Dog of War
Skawt's Plasma Emitter
Skawt's Compact Plasma Emitter
Huzzum's Iron Fist
Last edited by JLax on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cratattak (220/21) Bureaucrat
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Technozan (135/2) Nano-technician
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor
Celetteo (100) Engineer (Foremans Twink)
Blindgaze (14) Agent twink
+many more for buffs/ soon to be twinked

JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Re: Share your knowledge!

Post by JLax » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Reserved for item info/updates that will be useful on the front page of posts.
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor

JLax
Fresh
Fresh

Post by JLax » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm

Reserved for item info/updates that will be useful on the front page of posts.
Zanokia (171/5) Doctor
Zakrak (150) Engineer
Zakarii (111) Doctor

Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Rain » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:43 pm

I suppose the bookmark thread is insufficient for you. Very well.
JLax wrote:...does anyone know if Inner Faith drops at all?...
It does not.

To contribute some useful snippets of information that are not handily available:
A newly aquired Scorpiod Scent really is a temporary these days and goes poof when the timer reaches zero.
It is however an everlasting item for everyone who grabbed it to go scorpiod hunting before the 18.7 patch.

Reflect bracer do not drop from grey missionboxes, nor (most) RK uniques like the Mantis Queen anymore in favor of higher droprates for rings of damage.
To aquire a tl6 bracer these days, one has to get lucky on a regular mob or kill the medusa matriarchs in EFP.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Trappin
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Trappin » Mon May 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Knowledge Database Bookmarks needs some updating work. One or two examples would be links for the global map sending people to the old CSP map page, and an outdated Clicksaver site. Not very helpful. I posted some suggestions on the Bookmarks thread about forty five days ago.

http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic ... 15#p103579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;