Updated in-game planet map (Saavick's Map of Rubi-Ka)

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Rain
ModSquad
ModSquad

Re: Updated in-game planet map (Saavick's Map of Rubi-Ka)

Post by Rain » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:27 pm

Both clients come prepacked with Saavick's map.
Thats how awesome the map is.
The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
Jensenberg | Bureaucrat
Odeleder | Trader
Intellant | Meta-physicist
Smierc | Martial Artist
Nicolaj | Agent
Snaut | Engineer
WeylanYutani | Enforcer

R.I.P Atlantean - THE Raidbot

Legendfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Legendfluff » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:13 pm

This is still an amazing map but I have a few problems I'm encountering that I hope you could update at some point...

1. The Carbon Rocks are no longer listed on the map. As with old player made maps, the carbon rock fields are no longer listed on the map, especially in CAV. It would be really helpful to know where they are again and even those doing the carb rock daily in CAV would know where they could find carb rocks for it (as it doesn't tell you where).

2. Can you add a layer with tower field ranges? It's annoying that I have to go to our tower field to find out the level range, then go back to city and buy towers instead of just looking on the map itself for it like all the old maps did. I know you did it to clean up the map a bit, but maybe an extra layer would be amazing for it.

3. A small thought... could you possibly add ICC Shuttleport back too? there are those of us who still have alts there and would love the nostalgia of being able to track ourselves in the area on the large map.

Thanks
Mains: Legendfluff / Kruznik02 / Distractyou ... 1 paid account + 5 Froob accounts. I love to twink froobs more than paid, they're much more enjoyable.

Current project: QL 67-75 Imps + CoH Collar on L5 NT (froob ofc) [On hold]
Completed:
2 Level 15 froobs: NM Agent & NM MP. Both have ql 86-104 implants.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Legendfluff wrote:This is still an amazing map but I have a few problems I'm encountering that I hope you could update at some point...

1. The Carbon Rocks are no longer listed on the map. As with old player made maps, the carbon rock fields are no longer listed on the map, especially in CAV. It would be really helpful to know where they are again and even those doing the carb rock daily in CAV would know where they could find carb rocks for it (as it doesn't tell you where).
I have added those on layer 4 in the latest version of the map :) Shamefully many people don't know about this version and just use the default one that comes with the game.
Legendfluff wrote: 2. Can you add a layer with tower field ranges? It's annoying that I have to go to our tower field to find out the level range, then go back to city and buy towers instead of just looking on the map itself for it like all the old maps did. I know you did it to clean up the map a bit, but maybe an extra layer would be amazing for it
I feel strongly about clarity over completeness. Especially given the relevance of towers in AO today, the times where people need info on towers don't weigh up to the pollution of the map since there are so many tower fields.

This is just my personal opinion and I've always presented my map as an alternative and not a replacement. AoRK is still up-to-date on tower fields info.
Legendfluff wrote: 3. A small thought... could you possibly add ICC Shuttleport back too? there are those of us who still have alts there and would love the nostalgia of being able to track ourselves in the area on the large map.
Thanks
The same argument would go for places like Three Craters East and West. The aim of the map is to accurately represent the current state of the game. For nostalgia the old maps are still great :) For example I use Huge Map, AORS and Raikos Map all the time.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor
Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer Ealhswith 56 agent
Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier

kynethic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by kynethic » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:09 am

Saavick wrote:the latest version of the map :) Shamefully many people don't know about this version and just use the default one that comes with the game.
I just installed it to verify one thing i noticed yesterday on previous one and both have the issue : some (or may be all ?) old org cities spots that were replaced by landscape elements ingame are still shown as city landmarks on both maps. I've noticed that on the ones in GTC near Cyborg Barracks, didn't check other zones yet.

Would you need help to make a list of spots needing refreshments ? Or even aerial captures of these places for next update ? Just say.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:21 am

kynethic wrote:
Saavick wrote:the latest version of the map :) Shamefully many people don't know about this version and just use the default one that comes with the game.
I just installed it to verify one thing i noticed yesterday on previous one and both have the issue : some (or may be all ?) old org cities spots that were replaced by landscape elements ingame are still shown as city landmarks on both maps. I've noticed that on the ones in GTC near Cyborg Barracks, didn't check other zones yet.

Would you need help to make a list of spots needing refreshments ? Or even aerial captures of these places for next update ? Just say.
As far as I am aware, GTC is the only zone that had it's city spots removed after my most recent map. It was done with the same update that brought the shuttle to get back from totw. Please feel free to post if you know of any other spots :)

I do have an (unreleased) updated version of the zone, but it looks really bad and broken; the terrain was not restored but just replaced with textures that don't match. In-game you can see floating rocks and trees everywhere. When it was released I expected FC would do another pass on it to fix it, but it's been a while now, so I may release an update with the current status of it. I'm not really decided yet on if this would make worthwhile update... I'm secretly hoping FunCom will do a better job at it so I can add it properly to the map :)
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 182 martial artist
Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer Kvada 80 enforcer Babysaav 66 doctor

kynethic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by kynethic » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:48 am

Saavick wrote:GTC is the only zone that had it's city spots removed after my most recent map
I've checked all spots you still had on map, hoping i didn't miss one. Here's the result !

Saavick's map city blocs that might use a refreshment :
- Great. T. C. : east / west = both replaced by sandy landscape ; nearby pixel copy should provide an acceptable result

Tell me if you want some aerial captures and/or photo edition to fake the actual terrains.

Other spots that need to be revamped & patched by AO devs :
- Athen Shire : north / south = both are still useless city landmarks
- Aegean : north / center / south = all 3 are still useless city landmarks
- Deep Ar. V. : northeast = still an useless city landmarked spot
- Galway S. : north / south = both still useless city landmarks
- Milky W : west / east = both still useless city landmarks
- East. F. P. : northwest / southeast = both still useless city landmarks
- Great. O. F. : north / center / southeast / southwest = all 3 are still useless city landmarks
- Omni Forest : southeast /southwest = both still useless city landmarks

So i'll just bump the devs about this, hoping they will fix in a future patch ...

PS : also, about just a portion of Legendfluff's request upper, it seems that your layer 4 would have enough space available to display both Notum fields frontiers & Tower QL ranges ; that said, i'm not in PVP anymore and very fewly care to have such infos added to the map, but that would surely make it the most complete & up-to-date ... so, again, if you'd need help for that, count me in.

Legendfluff
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Legendfluff » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Saavick wrote:
Legendfluff wrote:This is still an amazing map but I have a few problems I'm encountering that I hope you could update at some point...

I have added those on layer 4 in the latest version of the map :) Shamefully many people don't know about this version and just use the default one that comes with the game.
I don't ever use the default map, I always update when possible.

Ah layer 4, didn't think of that... it also doesn't list the level range as it used to, but I guess I'll have to live with that ^^

I had your map from a version of Feb 6th 2016. So I guess you added them afterwards heh.
Mains: Legendfluff / Kruznik02 / Distractyou ... 1 paid account + 5 Froob accounts. I love to twink froobs more than paid, they're much more enjoyable.

Current project: QL 67-75 Imps + CoH Collar on L5 NT (froob ofc) [On hold]
Completed:
2 Level 15 froobs: NM Agent & NM MP. Both have ql 86-104 implants.

kynethic
Fresh
Fresh

Post by kynethic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:53 am

Legendfluff wrote:I had your map from a version of Feb 6th 2016. So I guess you added them afterwards heh.
Yup, it seems to having been added 2016 April 29th along with Dark Sanctum :
Saavick wrote:[*] Added locations to collect Carbonrich rocks on layer 4.
http://www.aofroobs.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&start=38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dignord
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Dignord » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 am

Any way / possibility to get notum war areas in the map more clearly. ie. it would be really helpful if there would be a marking 1x 10-20 instead of 1x.

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 am

hey hey :)

I've made an update to my planet map, Saavick's Map of Rubi-Ka.

Compared to the previous version, the following things are new:
  • Added a 5th and 6th zoom level for high resolution screens.
  • Added monster info for the Condemned Subway.
  • Added monster info for the Foreman's Office.
  • Added monster info for the Crash Site daily mission in Milky Way.
  • Added monster info for the Nomad Camp daily mission in Wailing Wastes.
  • Added monster info for the Slum Town daily mission in Clondyke.
  • Added Powa in Greater Tir County.
  • Added a missing criminal camp in Varmint Woods.
  • Added a missing label for tower field 10 in Avalon.
  • Corrected spelling on drill sergeant Nortin.
  • Improved whom-pah map contrast.
  • Improved whom-pah map labels.
  • Improved accuracy of character tracking in Belial Forest.
  • Improved accuracy of Cenobite Shadow markers.
  • Improved accuracy of Hellion Imp markers.
  • Improved accuracy of Jack "Leg-chopper" Clone #2 marker.
  • Improved accuracy of several dyna boss markers.
  • Improved accuracy of the Wartorn Valley - Aegean zone border.
  • Updated several zones to make the terrain more beautiful.
If you currently use the version that comes pre-installed with the game (2.0) rather than the previous (2.2), the following things are also new:
  • Added a missing store in Stolt's Trading Outpost.
  • Added missing portal to Inner Sanctum outside Rome Blue.
  • Added the Re-Incarnator and the new hidden rooms in Inner Sanctum.
  • Added the shuttle to ICC HQ near the Temple of Three Winds.
  • Added the Observer in the Reck.
  • Added Omni-Pol Secretary Lambeer in Omni-1 Entertainment.
  • Added a missing dynaboss in Aegean.
  • Added locations to collect Carbonrich rocks on layer 4.
  • Corrected spelling on Omni-Pol Barracks.
  • Corrected spelling on Jon Solare.
  • Updated colours for Factory labels in the Reck to indicate presence of guards.
  • Updated Greater Tir County to show removal of city plots.
  • Improved accuracy of character tracking in Milky Way.
  • Improved accuracy of Deadly Prisoner marker.
  • Improved accuracy of Dangerous Prisoner marker.
Download
You can download the map here. Existing links such as on AO-Universe will automatically point to the latest version as well.

Installation
To install the map, extract the contents of the zip file to the following location:

Code: Select all

<your AO install directory>\cd_image\textures\PlanetMap\SaavicksMap
Please make sure the directory name is correct, or it won't work. The directory should already be there, since a previous version of my map comes pre-installed with the game.

Usage
In game, open your planet map window and click the little 'i' in the top left.
Click Select Map.
Click "Saavick's Map of Rubi-Ka".

Screenshots

Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Saavick » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:18 am

Check out Caloss' video for a preview :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHUtrNdN2iY

snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snarfblatt » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Awesome job Saavick!
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Snarfblatt (Engie) - Ex-President - Knights of Ka
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)

keune
Flagged
Flagged

Post by keune » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 pm

snarfblatt wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 pm
Awesome job Saavick!
I second that!

CameronBancroft
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CameronBancroft » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:43 am

Saavick, excellent map, love to play this game .