Up-to-date friendlist on every alt

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
Saavick
ModSquad
ModSquad

Up-to-date friendlist on every alt

Post by Saavick » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:06 pm

I recently came back to AO after a few years, and hadn't yet transfered all my characters from Rk1. So when I did, I ended up with 20 alts with empty friendlists :o

I don't know if this is common knowledge or a cool trick, but I hope this post will interest at least someone ;)
There's an easy way to keep your friendlist up-to-date on every alt with a simple script.

First open your favourite text editor, e.g. notepad. Now add a line for every friend you wish to add like so:

Code: Select all

/cc addbuddy Saavick
/cc aadbuddy Lokuta
/cc aadbuddy Violentmeany

/cc addbuddy Lusto
/cc addbuddy Lostu

/cc addbuddy Carrion
/cc addbuddy Gerbil

/cc addbuddy Tarradax
/cc addbuddy Baene

/cc addbuddy Snarfblatt
I prefer to group alts together to easily keep track of who's who, but you don't have to do that.

Save the file as friends in your scripts directory. It's located at:

C:\Users\<windows user name>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\<random letters>\<your AO directory>\scripts
e.g.

C:\Users\saavick\AppData\Local\Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd14ae3e\AO\scripts
You can now type /friends in the game, and every friend will be added to your friendlist. You can do this on every alt :) If a friend already exist it will simply keep it. So you can run the script, add one friend and run it again to update your list.
Saavick 200 doctor Lokuta 200 soldier Violentmeany 200 enforcer Angrymeany 200 engineer
Vladja 200 agent Meany 200 fixer Littlemeany 200 adventurer Skathi 200 soldier
Luettl 199 bureaucrat Nuclearmeany 190 nano-technician Ingundis 185 martial artist
Sunilda 182 meta-physicist Boesemueny 179 trader Haadriah 163 martial artist
Richilde 136 adventurer Mueny 136 meta-physicist Ryahna 131 adventurer
Whaaaaaa 122 bureaucrat Wildmeany 100 adventurer Svanhvita 100 engineer
Kvada 80 enforcer Vladdy 64 trader Achilla 60 soldier Angrymueny 60 fixer
Ealhswith 56 agent Enragedmeany 25 enforcer Yngvildr 15 soldier