Pet Froob 200

Post here to share information about places you've been, tips you have, or anything you feel would be worthwhile for others to know about.
User avatar
mortem
Flagged
Flagged
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Bor FT. Look for the traffic cone.

Re: Pet Froob 200

Post by mortem » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Llie wrote:All the above is true, but... <snip>
You are quite right about Resonance Blast being superior. In that, and the MP debuff, I was mistaken. I disagree with you about the crat nuke being stronger damage-wise, at least as it pertains to the topic at hand. The MP nuke has roughly half the recharge time and in general pvm play, that would trump the higher base damage of the crat nuke. Against raid bosses, it may be up for grabs, I certainly know that the MP would run out of nano faster than a crat if they were spamming nukes, and that's going to effect the overall dps. Since pvm is in short bursts, you could easily do a sitdown after battles to offset nuke spamming.
Llie wrote:Nukes are good on Crats and MPs, but they're just one tool in the tool belt.
Ultimately, this. This is what's important.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

Briandmg
Skilled
Skilled
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:56 am

Re: Pet Froob 200

Post by Briandmg » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 am

Llie wrote:I believe that Crat's Rule of One will OD Metaing's Improved Mind Quake in terms of overall damage per second against high AC targets (eg. when you're fighting a froob-end game raid boss). However, the 150 (not 100) nano skill debuff that comes with that nuke is certainly nothing to snub.
Hehe nope. For any given AC, Metaing's improved mind quake will always out DPS Improved Rule of One. Even if the mob has an optimal IRoO-favoured sweet spot of 11590 AC, IRoO will deal 510 DPS, while Meta's IMQ will deal 570. IRoO does have the advantage of subtracting 100 points of NR from the target though, and this is significantly moar useful than whatever debuff Meta's IMQ can throw at a raid boss.

In PvP, Metaing's improved mind quake is hands down the best froobable nuke there is. However, resonance blast does 15% moar DPS, and coupled with the fact that it has -3000 taunt, allows it to be spammable on raid bosses without phear of over-aggro. RB thus is the best PvM nuke.
mortem wrote:The biggest issue I've run into so far is that I run out of nano easily. Being trox, I don't have loads of nano and hardly any nano regen, so long fights can be taxing to keep casting through.
I assume you're talking about this from a raid perspective where you are not holding aggro. This should not be a major problem. With a hardcore CPU upgrade and IOR (which you should have in a raid), that would amount to -43% nano cost already. That means Meta's IMQ will only cost 285 nano. If you use high QL advanced nano rechargers from team missions together with your normal stims, you should be able to spam it without fail. Gotta watch the aggro though. :P

Mortem does have a good point though. When you say you're into PvM, are you moar into raids or into soloing dyna bosses? Raid-wise, crats are highly valued for their auras/debuffs/mezzing abilities. That's definitely something to keep in mind when choosing who to level.
The Ultimate Endgame Froob PvP Guide :OO
All you ever needed to know to make your L200 froob toon a beast in PvP. :P

User avatar
mortem
Flagged
Flagged
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Bor FT. Look for the traffic cone.

Re: Pet Froob 200

Post by mortem » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:58 am

Briandmg wrote:If you use high QL advanced nano rechargers from team missions together with your normal stims, you should be able to spam it without fail.
When I last brought my MP in a raid, it was, I believe, the PW Gens a few weeks ago. I was using ql90 stims, but no sitdowns and had PNH on, capped at -45 nanocost. Due to the nature of the boss, I was at distance, well out of melee range, so I was spamming my nuke non-stop, only pausing to tend to my pets. For a few minutes, I could truly chain cast, but after about 5, I think, I ran out of nano and needed to slow down, only having nano for a nuke every 7-10 seconds or so without other stims. Having more nano would help, as would getting a notum focus and a bunch of nano sitdowns, but unless I can also get a decent bit of nano delta too, I don't see myself being able to maintain going all-out on nuking on longer raids. In situations where I am in melee range, I can nuke between my hits and likely last much longer and this is what I feel I should be doing, if possible, but as of yet I am nearly weaponless.
Gnome 200 Fix | Corpus 200 1hb MP | Veikr TL5 Pistol NT | Mortem 200 Agent | Ziekte TL6 Trader | R# TL6 Piercing Enf | Knot 200 TS Engi
General of The Soul Society - Member of Ab Aeterno Animus Liberi - Member of Froob200 since Oct '11

Matammyr
Hardened
Hardened
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 am

Re: Pet Froob 200

Post by Matammyr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Off topic: I really don't like the term "DPS." It just bugs me for some reason.

User avatar
darky
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: Pet Froob 200

Post by darky » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I created 3 atrox MP/Eng/Crat. Moving the crat upto 160 by now.
I hv top Pet. Still working for Charm and nuke.
Thanks
SolitusTrader(~149) Engi (100) MP(100) Doc(100) NT(100) Advy(100) Agent(100) Crat (100) Sold(100)
NM doc(25) engy(25) fixer(50) crat(25) mp(25) nt(41) agent(60); Opi GA1 fixer(25);
Atrox Enf - Lvl 1, Lvl 25, Lvl 60, lvl (60 Wish 100), Lvl (25 Wish 150+) -- One at all places :)
Atrox doc(50) MP(100) Eng(100) Crat(~160) advy1he (12) Neleb rod enfo(25) & trader (60)

Post Reply