Item store ---> I need a new game

Speak your mind. But keep it clean. NON-Anarchy Online related posts only please.
Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Item store ---> I need a new game

Post by Llie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:51 am

Does anyone know if 18.4.2 fixes the mouse? I patched but I got home late from work and didn't manage to muster up enough motivation to log on.

=P

I suppose I'll try again tonight, but it would be good to know in advance if someone already tried it.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Ok, an update for Mac and Linux users:

Two patches restores most of AO functionality to Mac and Linux players. No need to swap in/out NeoVortex's stub DLL anymore, though I do appreciate his solution, since it was the first that actually restored playability to the "unsupported AO community".

Anyhow, the patch that can be found in this Wine Bug: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25206 eliminates client.exe from crashing when starting caused by Awesomium.dll. There appears to be some problem in Wine versions 1.3.7 and later that causes wine to crash regardless of this patch, but this patch works for Wine 1.2.2 and 1.3.4 through 1.3.6.

A second patch which can be found in this Wine Bug: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25654 restores mouse-look and mouse-steering.

Wine users still cannot open the in-game store, as AwesomiumProcess.exe crashes when you open the in-game store. The game keeps going, and the in-game store is just a blank white window.

Zip file
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Zip file » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 pm

Well now you can do everything, just download the wine I compiled and use winetricks to get vcrun2008 and you can even access the store (Been having render issues on my system though)

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:48 am

Yes. That's true. I'm not sure whether you're using the latest development version (1.3.11) or the stable version (1.2.2) of Wine, but applying 2 of the patches to the stable source code allows AO to run fine and without any rendering issues.

Something in the Wine-Direct3D that the wine devs tried to enhance/implement/improve isn't quite right. The changes that started at wine 1.3.7 have caused problems that got sort-of fixed at wine 1.3.11, but for some of us, there's serious problems still.

Anyhow, these "AO on unsupported platforms" issues aren't resolved yet. I commented on the problem at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... ost5921585. Because of the kludgey/hacky nature of the fixes to allow AO to work, they will never (in their current state) get committed into the wine source (which means, if you want to run AO, you will always have to patch and build your own wine).

But things are looking up.

Zip file
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Zip file » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 am

Who needs patch/build? I stuck a new (No render issues) one on that page... Now if only I could figure out why winepulse isn't working...