Minecraft

Speak your mind. But keep it clean. NON-Anarchy Online related posts only please.
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Re: Minecraft

Post by EDTA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Well, it seems to work. Not perfect yet, it still rarely flashes when jumping. And now I changed something and it got much worse and I can't figure out why :P. Now I added a pule + memory cell to the other delay and it got somewhat better again, but not good enough. I replaced the plate to where is was earlier (part of what I changed when I screw up) and for some reason it seems like it was at first. A third delay or more should make it even better I guess. And some finetunning, especially using that bug to make 2 torches cause only 1 tick, might solve a bit as well (I hate using N/E/S/W rules, especially in a game without compass :P, so didn't bother with that yet).

Edit: I noticed my plate and the final AND-port weren't connected directly. Connecting them without a delay pretty much made it never flash when jumping. I then also added a third torch to this AND-gate which comes from the pressure plate with a small delay. I don't think it ever flashes now with permanent jumping rate. There is a certain speed of jumping though in which the Plate stays constantly pushed down; there is no way this every can be detected.

Edit2: Here is the file. Note that I moved the final rs torch: it's now the one on the top.

Edit3: Will you finally tell me what it is for? Oh, I just got an idea: is it to distinguish between humans and mobs?
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Zip file
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Zip file » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

I was just curious... In the hopper application a standard delay/nodelay and gate attached to a pressure plate works fine but if I wanted to handle actual players getting on/off a pressure plate I'd want to keep it from flickering even if someone decides to grief with jumping up and down. The original design basically shut off the pressure plate until the delay stopped but the on/off relay didn't trigger properly.

I won't download the file yet, have some blitzing to do. maybe tomorrow.

Zip file
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Zip file » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:13 pm

Ok I just looked up the latest and greatest patches for MC...

I'm gonna build a number of things... first... I'm gonna build a doorbell on my fort which will ring out the tones from strange encounters :)

Then, I'm gonna modify your system edta so that if the code is wrong they won't know until they go down a hallway... The pressure plate at the end either opens the door or triggers the trap. If it triggers the trap you get shot from the front repeatedly, and the other pressure plates in the hall shoot from the sides :)

Well have to find a way to reset it if none of the plates are being stepped on for a while...

Spiders? Walls? Really? Wtf... (MCEdits fort)

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:31 am

Zip file wrote:Well have to find a way to reset it if none of the plates are being stepped on for a while...
Nono, would be so fun if somebody types in a wrong code, but doesn't step on the pressure-plates. Then you get home, type in the right code, but the trap is still active so you get shot :D.
On a more serious note: For longer delays you better use minecarts. Can slow a minecart down a lot by letting it go from a water-slide. (detect minecart with wooden pressureplates, reset it with boosters,...).
You can hide the trap since in certain directions it shoots though a block directly in front of it (but I'm sure you read this on the wiki already).

I don't have a clue what spiders and walls you're talking about...
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Zip file
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Zip file » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Spiders can crawl straight up walls now... and see through them too so don't expect a wall to save you... Crap for me seeing as all my defences are based on being too high for anyone to get to... Freakin spiders...

But yeah, I'll work on my doorbell first, then *maybe* your trap :D (In a different world, you have too much junk in the way on yours)