No one play Secondlife?

Speak your mind. But keep it clean. NON-Anarchy Online related posts only please.
Vivie
Skilled
Skilled

No one play Secondlife?

Post by Vivie » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Just wondering if I'm the only one....

Vivie, RK1, proudly Neutral, Bureaucrat
---
Best froobie guide ever written

BigMx
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by BigMx » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:29 pm

I actually started playing it about a month ago....after my initial play session I haven't got into playing it much...mainly because of playing AO and a few other games that caught my eye. I expect to play it again soon, just don't know when.

hahnsoo
Elite
Elite

Post by hahnsoo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:32 am

Interface is a bit too clunky for me. Not to mention that I can't seem to make an avatar that looks like me, at least to my satisfaction. Sorry.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." G.K.Chesterton
Years of experience means years of learning bad habits.
~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~ My AO Guide

snarfblatt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snarfblatt » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:02 am

Downloaded it, installed it, logged in.. didn't really get the point, logged off. If there is more too this game, then explain. But maybe I was trying to hard to find the "game" part of it. I think its more of just a social networking thing.
Rubi-Ka 2 (Rimor)
Snarfblatt (Engie) - Ex-President - Knights of Ka
Studmuffin (Advie)
Beatinstik (Enforcer)
Roleo (Soldier)
Schemp (MP)
McLuvvin (Keeper)
Jamesblatt (Agent)
Snarfette (Engie)
Misokute (Doctor)
Snarftech (NT)
Snarfix (Fixer)
Rubi-Ka 1 (Atlantean)
Snarfblatt (Engie)

majdelta
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by majdelta » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:35 am

Im with snarf on this one. logged in didn't find it fun seems like its just a chat room with 3d graphics. well not just a chat room maybe an MMOCAD?
-Teh Slow One

Hotbuttered
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Hotbuttered » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:32 am

From what I hear, the PvP is waay unbalanced :D

Vivie
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Vivie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Yes that's kind of the sad thing, some people log in expecting a "goal" to automatically appear, like it does in PvE games...
Majdelta, you were right on the dot.... It is a social MMO, in the likes of There and The Sims Online (both of which I hate, lol) But it's so different because you are not limited to anything, really, like you are in all the other MMO's. Meaning, if in other mmos you can't cross over that wall, here you can fly over it and even analyze what it's made of. When in other games you see houses and you want to enter them but can't, because they're just props, here you can do that and explore them.

Yes, it is kind of a chat room with 3D graphics, but it's more than that *sigh*

To me it's like a virtual museum containing the best and worst that people's minds can create.... Sandboxes are fun because you get to see amazing things being created, but you also run into griefers (which is still fun.... One time a newbie I was helping was transformed into a *yuck* farting butt *yuck* by an invisible griefer... She was trapped inside of it and it bounced around the virtual meadow uncontrollably. Umm :oops: It was disgusting but surprising and funny. So you get the idea)

We do have RPG worlds. And shooter arenas.
Warner Bros' I am legend was supposedly incredible, but I didn't get to play it. There are many others, but I haven't tried them much...

There ARE way too many malls (people love to create here) and clubs, but then there are off-the-beaten-path kind of things like book clubs, incredible architecture, live music, Slingo and Tringo, Sandboxes (again!), apartments (anyone wanna be my roommate?), amazing and diverse sims... some are modeled after real life... some are made to enhance real life, like Mystic academy and Support for healing.

Anyway, I doubt I'll "convert" anyone here, but I'm just upset that innovative things (this IS, after all, the closest to metaverse we may get at the moment!) are sometimes ignored and an MMO such as this one which has the power to put other MMOs to shame is passed over...

Vivie, RK1, proudly Neutral, Bureaucrat
---
Best froobie guide ever written

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Spent half a year while I finally created an account (yay age verification bulls**t), downloaded, installed, lagged in, walked around the place, got annoyed with the horrible camera and that annoying circular menu thing, threw it down the Shift+DEL.
Sure it could have been fun. But it's like the 12 years of school before you can actually do anything. TOO BLOODY BORING.
Might be back some day. Probably not.

EDIT: I'm pretty convertible ;p *hint, hint*
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

The_Brinkmann
Hardened
Hardened

Post by The_Brinkmann » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:25 pm

No, would rather socialize with people face-to-face. The whole "social" MMO kills it for me.

RK-2

Slipperyjoe - Main - Equip
Amtrack - Tank worthy of his name
Monomania - new and improved trader
Bigoleblue - trox fixer FTW!
Truckfighter - sloob (frozen)