Do you believe ALIENS exists?

Speak your mind. But keep it clean. NON-Anarchy Online related posts only please.
EDTA
Moderaidtor

Post by EDTA » Sat May 24, 2008 9:53 am

We don't know, we can only speculate very roughly.
We don't know whether there actually is alien life.
We don't have a clue how they could look.
We don't know what they will do if they find us.

The way they are often pictured actually looks really similar to the life we know her: the have legs, arms head,... I believe they would be so different from us that we won't even recognize them (at first). Compare for example bacteria or viruses with humans: they have evolved millions of years to become something different: but in the beginning they were the same. Aliens wouldn't have the same origin of life so compared to aliens, bacteria and humans should be rather similar. Just to gave you an example how strange I think aliens would be (Please don't turn this into a discussion about evolution theory). (Of course there is the possibility of alien life with the same origin of life, but that's not the kind I'm talking about obviously.)
For example they could be gas-clouds with lightnings in them. The lightnings are the way they think. It's just my imagination I let free; I highly highly highly doubt there is a single alien looking that way. At the other hand: it seems aliens have already populated the earth already. OMG, it' raining, they attack!

If they find us, to me it looks more logical they they would investigate us instead of wasting us. That's what we do if we find new animals as well. We even protect them from extinction. It might depend on the number of other races they met so far; if we are the first they might care much more about us then if we would be number 95687532. But aliens are probably so different that we can't predict what they think, they might have a totally other kind of logic. At the other hand: to find us they probably need to be quite research-driven.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

Baztard0
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Baztard0 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:17 am

Illegal Aliens are everywhere.
So are the Legal variety.
"Space Aliens" lol
Certainly.
Observe the diversity of life on this cruddy mudball. If this sort of variety can exist here, on this teeny tiny little speck of nothing (compared to the vastness of... well... everything) statistics lead me to believe that yes, there are other things out there. Will we ever interact with them? Probably not.

-------------
Bones/
In traction/
Hands break to hone raw energy/
Bold/
And disastrous/
My ears can't hear what you say to me...

-Pantera "Mouth For War"