Do you believe ALIENS exists?

Speak your mind. But keep it clean. NON-Anarchy Online related posts only please.
Stisie
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Stisie » Tue May 13, 2008 10:54 am

I do belive in aliens, Docjones is someway right.The universe was aleady there it wasnt made 15 billion years ago. (no religion theories please) i mean if the humans live around 60.000 years and we already could get in space then there could be a lifevorm that developed more then us or even less then us there might be even a planet where cavemen live who knows. And if we are all lucky there might even be a real rubi-ka :P

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 am

Call me a cynic, but I firmly believe that the best proof that other intelligent lifeforms exist out there is the fact that they haven't contacted us yet.

Also, considering that statistically there HAS to be life on another planets simply due to the sheer amount of planets out there... Sure, I've certain more than a few of them have some alien bacteria or some other base life forms.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Wed May 14, 2008 6:28 am

I just wanted to NOTE that a major element that seems to be ignored is that we as human beings tend to think in the "HERE-AND-NOW" relative to the scale of time in the universe.

The lifespan of the human race will essentially be a BLIP on the time chart. If other intelligent races have or will exist, the chances that they occupy the same point in time is literally infintesimal.

The development of other life is not centered around our relative time, Just like the sun and planets do not revolve around the earth :P We have to see and understand things that are NOT centered around us.

Aliens are not necessarily going to contact US. They may not live in OUR time frame. They may not have OUR sense of understanding or intelligence (They may have different concepts altogether).

Statistically all OUR human experiences say they must exist. When, where, and how is another issue.
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Wed May 14, 2008 6:31 am

WorldTrader wrote: The lifespan of the human race will essentially be a BLIP on the time chart.
Well ... depends ... if you read Robert Jordan (RIP), it's more like ...

BLIP ....

BLIP ....

BLIP ....

BLIP ....

BLIP ....
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 am

Weeping Willow wrote:
WorldTrader wrote: The lifespan of the human race will essentially be a BLIP on the time chart.
Well ... depends ... if you read Robert Jordan (RIP), it's more like ...

BLIP ....

BLIP ....

BLIP ....

BLIP ....

BLIP ....
EXCELLENT illustration!
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage

Nymex
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Nymex » Sun May 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Kind of pertaining to the original topic, during the past couple of days (at least that's when I've become aware of it here in the U.S.) the UK government has released a couple thousand pages of their previously classified UFO files, shifting them to their National Archives for anyone to partake in. I've skimmed through a few of the reports, and while alot of it seems to be kind of mundane, there's some interesting stuff within.. if interested you can check out http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ and there's some seriously hefty PDF files on the left there.

More files from the UK are set to come over the next many years I hear. While many countries in the world have released their so-called "UFO-Files" the U.S. holds it all under lock and key, maybe they'll follow suit, I find this stuff fascinating and would like to see what my own government has to say. Another interesting note.. the Vatican recently said it was acceptable to believe in other-wordly life. These are some really cool events to have happening in my opinion.
RK-1
Nodephreak - L200 Omni Fixer / Pricecut - L200 Omni Piercing Trader / Rhodesian - L200 Neutral Pistol Adventurer / Sonicspeaker L167 Neutral Shotgun Crat
...and the list goes on...

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 pm

one of the funniest ones (going by HIGNFY here) was someone who admitted to being drunk at the time, and near heathrow airport, and seeing lights in the sky.

Will have to read thru it all properly
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Post by WorldTrader » Mon May 19, 2008 5:25 am

Unidentified Flying Objects are a lot of things ;) You'll have to sift through a lot of mundane sightings in order to get to anything remotely interesting...with respect to signs of other worldly life.
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage

coldname
Fresh
Fresh

Post by coldname » Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 am

Until its documented. Aliens don't exist.

Also, why do so many people think that aliens are going to land and solve all our problems? When has an advanced civilization ever been kind to a lesser one? Why would alien life be more advanced?

SupplantorZ

Post by SupplantorZ » Mon May 19, 2008 9:49 pm

"Until its documented. Aliens don't exist.

Also, why do so many people think that aliens are going to land and solve all our problems? When has an advanced civilization ever been kind to a lesser one? Why would alien life be more advanced?"

People make alot of unscientific assumptions on this topic.

THERE HAS TO BE LIFE!!! : no there doesn't...

Life is fragile and carbon based life is only found on one planet so far...actually any type of life. We have not even found extraterrestrial microbes. Let alone Space folding timeshifting uber aliens. that defy physics as we know it.

Alien bacteria would be best able to survive in the cold confines of space. But such bacteria would likely wipe us out...(see "Andromeda Strain")People NEED to believe in space men. People need to feel that they are not alone. It's funny to me...people cannot believe in a creator but can believe in space men that mutilate our cows...

Do warp drives work of of the cow's anus? Are aliens so bored that they need to graphiti tag our crops?

Mabey aliens are nothing more than angels or demons or both. I kinda wish we could travel even to our closest star but we can't. And we are likely to kill ourselves befor we even can live on the moon. Sorry, sad but true.

But hey mabey the advanced space ninjas will come save us.

Weeping Willow
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Weeping Willow » Mon May 19, 2008 10:44 pm

oh god
RK1, Omni and General of Newcomers Alliance

GridPain Fixer TL5 Frank Nfurter : Doc TL5 (pvp version)
JimProfit : Level 100 Crat (foreman helper)
New leveling crat : Coredumped

WeepinWillow, Forcedevente, Whipinwillow, Slayie, NeedleWorker, Asafart, Ouvreboite, Asafurt, Malaucrane, Karmapolice ... etc etc ...

Vabla
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Vabla » Tue May 20, 2008 3:40 am

Actually there were some extraterrestrial microbes found on an asteroid.

But if aliens will ever show up it's more than likely that they will nuke our planet into oblivion instead of giving us technology or bothering enslaving.
Would YOU give machine guns to some african tribes who are constantly trying to kill each other?
And if they needed our planet for some randomly useless cause they'd probably just introduce a nano virus genetically aimed to kill only humans and turn it off after we're all just bubbling puddles of goo.
Vabla AKA Bliaha is LOST between worlds
It's PONY time! Find me on dArt

SupplantorZ

Post by SupplantorZ » Sat May 24, 2008 1:44 am

please post the link :)

Vivie
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Vivie » Sat May 24, 2008 7:59 am

Yes.

Vivie, RK1, proudly Neutral, Bureaucrat
---
Best froobie guide ever written

Iaito
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Iaito » Sat May 24, 2008 8:37 am

Humans haven't come far from thinking that earth was the centre of the universe.. alot of people think that because we haven't found anyone yet, there aren't anyone out there...

I this planet! wtb a new one!
Freedom for neutrals! Freedom by neutrals! Freedom for rubika!
John "Iaitoo" Lloyd; Trade minister of Newland.