New player and selling

New to Anarchy Online or just new to the AOFroobs forums? Introduce yourself here, ask questions about the game, and learn how to become a successful Anarchy Online fr00b.
guyarcher
Rookie
Rookie

New player and selling

Post by guyarcher » Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 am

Hello! I recently decided to give free AO a shot. Made a fixer that I'm.enjoying so far. However I'm running into my first problem.....selling gear. So I can't seem to find a trade channel under the public channels...and realized last night that I can't use the market system either. Well I can look up buy and sell orders to get some prices but that's it. I landed a QL10 concrete cushion and wanted to unload it. Definitely need the credits. There was a buy order for 200k or so on the market as of last night. So how am I supposed to go about selling things? Is there a channel I should be spamming? Should I pay the 5 bucks for the mail system and try mailing the person making the buy order? Short of subscribing, what options do I have?

Board seems pretty quiet but hoping someone sees this and can help.

Thanks!

EDTA
Moderaidtor

Re: New player and selling

Post by EDTA » Fri May 31, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey, welcome to AO.

Your best shot to sell (and buy) stuff is using the shopping channels. They become available at level 11 (to avoid cred sellers using them I believe). Use the 11-50 shopping channel for your channel (or if you are neutral use both the Omni and the Clan one - don't need to spam the neutral one). Shopping channels are local so do this in a populated city - borealis is typically a good bet. You can also travel around to different cities to expand your reach. However, realize that different zones can still share the same channels. Avoid making it look like you are spamming by first typing it from for example Borealis and then from Newland city, since those zones share channels.

If you see a buy-order I suppose you can see the name of the toon placing this buy-order? In that case you can contact this person with tells (/tell NAME Hi, buy my stuff!). Tells also come through when people are offline, they'll get them when they sign in.

Regarding the ql10 concrete cushion: it will be easier to sell if you get 2 of them.
RK2
Main: Edta 200 NT,*Setup*, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus
Mounky 158 agent / doodytrad 163 trader
Wanh 1 trader / Kaiter 60 NT / E Lektra Natchios 24 agent / Mewaku 30ish enfo
Froob For Life, Neutral For Life, AO For Ever

guyarcher
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New player and selling

Post by guyarcher » Fri May 31, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks for the reply! Good to know that my level is the issue. Won't be very long!

I actually just snagged a second QL10 Cushion. I know they can be difficult to sell but gotta start somewhere.

Thanks again!