Subway after patch 18.3.2

Information and posts regarding all the dungeons and quests on Rubi-Ka (ie Condemed Subways, ToTW, Biomare, Jack-the-Leg Chopper, etc.)
WorldTrader
Elite
Elite

Subway after patch 18.3.2

Post by WorldTrader » Tue May 04, 2010 2:15 pm

The Subway is now 100 times more engaging!
It features:
- wandering mobs
- muggers that look like muggers =)
- truly DeRaNGed shoppers that aggro on you
- looters that work in groups! (social aggro)

...very exciting stuff ^^
WorldTrader (Level 200 Trader/RK1 Neutral)
"You are GREAT TRADER!" - Blastcore
"One of the Best Traders I've ever met" - Zenur
"Damn You are Handy" - Eskondas
"UR AMAZING" - Brutemage
"I swear you are the best trader!" - Wranglers
"you are UNIQUE somehow :)" - Kalvik4
"truly EXCEPTIONAL" - Mezzbest
"awesome service!" - Skytter
"You are an awesome guy" - Toomz
"How do you have so much power?" - Defiler
"the best trader in the game" - Octavio
"u are the most awsome trader ingame ^_^" - Alzyah
"such craftmanship is hard to come by" - Olcode
"hellz yeah froob power!" - Cyrichor

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Subway after patch 18.3.2

Post by Stupidluigi » Tue May 04, 2010 2:38 pm

What about deeper down? Has anyone checked to see what the bosses' new spawn times are? :wink:
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

DocJones
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DocJones » Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Heyas,

i wholeheartedly agree! The wandering mobs make a real immersion into the game! And the Deranged Shoppers are...scary!

regards
/Z
Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking...
Proud Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
Toons:
Zzzzzzwap (inofficial main), Krisplin (main, but buff whore)
Theophrastus (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
Rosling
Tarradax wrote:Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Yes. You so totally win. ...
vs.
Tarradax wrote: Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: It's all your fault.
Aofroobs: [IRC] Tarradax: Totally your fault.
~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

matakishi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by matakishi » Wed May 05, 2010 12:41 am

Much better lighting too, everywhere is bright.
Eumenides is in the spider cave with the slum runners so won't be ganking unsuspecting newbies that just wander down the tunnel to 'have a look'.
Vergil didn't respawn while I was there but all the rooms leading to him were full up again on the way back after Abmouth which made for much quicker xp.
There's a new patch of broken floor covered with planks just inside the entrance, anyone know what that's for, there's a crate and a second blocked passage under it. I presume it's a daily mission thing.

Cryie
Amateur
Amateur
Location: Borealis, on top of the building behind the GMS.. since they fixed the wall's hole.

Post by Cryie » Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 am

Stupidluigi wrote:What about deeper down? Has anyone checked to see what the bosses' new spawn times are? :wink:

I was down there last night on Medleve. Vergils timer is the same I think. The normal mobs timer is like halfed. They spawned faster. Abmouth ended my teams spree but it was such a close fight. Dx
If only it would have let me AS once more
Proud member of Viralbots Incorporated!

Cryie: 122 froob NT (i think i'm going to pay for him though.)
Phenoixblade: 72 froob Soldier [personal dyna killah.] (same account as cryie, so probably going to pay for him too)
Cryiefatz: 46 froob Adventurer
Medleve: 21 froob Agent [subway ganker. ;p]

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 am

Stupidluigi wrote:What about deeper down? Has anyone checked to see what the bosses' new spawn times are? :wink:
The vertical columns in the big room that used to have a couple of infectors, fleas, and human mobs are gone, so there's lots of room to run around in there now.

There are lots more humanoid mobs everywhere now, and they wander around too. Most notable are Melded Patterns that come popping out everywhere. No more just charging down, remembering where every aggroing mob stood, and knocking them down.

I didn't manage to find Eumenidies because his dead body was in the main hallway leading to the bloodcreeper. If he's off to the side in the slumrunner cave, then that means hacking through all those slum runners to get to him? That's a bit annoying, because he used to be a convenient light snack on my way down to Abby.

Boss times don't seem any different except for Abby which seems to be on a normal timer now instead of every 6-18 hours or some crazy thing. The fact that Abby was there at all indicated that since his spot is empty 9 out of 10 times I go down there. I could swear Abby is easier too, but that could be because of having a teammate instead of going down there solo.

someone_Else
Skilled
Skilled

Post by someone_Else » Thu May 06, 2010 2:38 pm

The level cap on the door has also been silently increased from 24 to 25. Dust off your old twinks, you've got new nanos.

Randomchance
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Randomchance » Thu May 06, 2010 2:56 pm

someone_Else wrote:The level cap on the door has also been silently increased from 24 to 25. Dust off your old twinks, you've got new nanos.
o.O

\o/
Metalomania - recovered from the ether december 2010!
Gablerg & Killermuppet - recovered from the ether january 2011!
(seriously guys, keep track of those toons!)
Froob Configurations

Nicodar
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Nicodar » Fri May 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Just noticed something else new it seems:

[Vicinity Loot Messages] Cabbagepntz looted Living Cyber Armor Sleeves from Remains of Neural Burnout.

It is the fate of all cookies to be broken. A whole cookie is an uneaten cookie and cookies are made to be eaten. So who can really deny fulfilling a cookie's destiny?

WeeScotsman
Hardened
Hardened

Post by WeeScotsman » Sat May 08, 2010 3:45 am

Yeh I think these were dropping quite regularly before the patch Nic.

Maybe it was 17 when the sleeves started dropping?

matakishi
Amateur
Amateur

Post by matakishi » Sun May 09, 2010 3:39 am

Sleeves have been dropping for ages.
On Saturday I did two consecutive Subway runs, down, back up and down again with a few minutes in between to collect a new team member. Both runs ended with killing Abby so he spawns faster, he popped the second time as we got to his room. We killed Vergil on the second run and also found his body in Abby's room so he'd respawned before his old self rotted, maybe because he was killed away from home, who knows. Whatever, he's faster than before.
Eumenedies was up both times, as were all the usual mobs.
Te place was crowded with players, several groups were running around upstairs and we met one team deeper who were coming back. By the time we reached Abby we'd collected enough strays to have a full team. Both times he died easily, much easier than recently before the patch. I don't think the teams were exceptional, each had at least a couple of first timers with standard starting gear and no idea of what to expect. This bodes well for teams of normal newbie toons having a chance against him, something that's been needed in the Subway for a long time.

Dako-ta
Flagged
Flagged

Post by Dako-ta » Sun May 09, 2010 7:01 pm

The changes sound great, but I don't have a char I'm itching to take to Subway atm to check out for myself. I'm curious... what about the Strike Foreman? Has he become more regular in spawning, or does he still disappear for an hour or two (or more)? Would be great if they made it even slightly easier to get the Boots...
Regards,

Dako-ta

Ginnie, level 200 Nanomage Engineer
Astericka, GA4 Fixer, level 199
Aethericka, level 174 Meta-Physicist
Evonlea, level 174 Trader
Pimpernel, level 170 Agent
Robinjo, 1HE level 138 Adventurer
Tominkai, level 127 Soldier
Bashbashkill, 2HB Enforcer, level 100
Filene, level 100 'Crat
Rogier, non-GA Fixer, level 100
Gearjammer, level 100 Opifex Engineer
Aetherielle, level 100 MP
chars 60 & under too numerous to list :D-

GaerthLunar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GaerthLunar » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 am

Couple days ago I went in and killed Strike Foreman, then died couple rooms later to a huge mob of the strikers. After rezzing I run back in and Strike Foreman spawned like min after I got to him, so I think he's on 20min timer too now or I went into another instance and got lucky.

Also if you happen to fighting Abmouth when Vergil respawns he will respawn in Abmouth's room now. Mostly a concern if you're kiting Abmouth since that can take a while. :P

Nydas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nydas » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:31 am

Dako-ta wrote:... what about the Strike Foreman?
He's either on a much faster timer or I got lucky with 6-7 five-minute spawns in a row. Was hunting for the boots and after each kill, I'd go clean up the rooms on either end of the platform. After each room was empty, the Foreman was up again.

rayje
Amateur
Amateur

Post by rayje » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 am

as of recent i have camped strike forman, virgil, and abby (meaning not leaving between spawns) to see for myself, and it seems like about 15-20 minute timer on all of them now...

oh, and beware... abby does something new... when you're fighting him, he summons virgil on top of you... yes, right where you're standing, it's not an add spawn he actually gets pulled from his normal spot but i think if he isn't up yet and abby calls for him he gets spawned on the double...
"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall" -confucius
"the only way evil succeedes is when good men sit back and do nothing"
"to really live, you must first be truly ready to die"
"the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"
<(-'.'-)> Q(-'.'-Q) <(-'.'-<) (>-'.'-)> O==(-.-Q) t(-'.'-t)
-When God said, "Let there be light", Chuck Norris said, "say please."
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
-underneath Chuck Norris' beard, there's no chin- only another fist.