TOTW wine quest

Information and posts regarding all the dungeons and quests on Rubi-Ka (ie Condemed Subways, ToTW, Biomare, Jack-the-Leg Chopper, etc.)
C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

TOTW wine quest

Post by C++ This! » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Apparently 17.9 added a new quest given by Dante Kerall, an NPC outside Neuters R Us, to find some Red Berry Wine in TOTW and return it to him for a small amount of creds and xp. Anyone have details on this? The quest dialog makes it sound like it drops off windcallers or exarchs, but I really dont know and CBA to check right now.

Woodlands
Hardened
Hardened

Re: TOTW wine quest

Post by Woodlands » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:21 pm

I didn't keep track of who drops it, but I do recall it dropping off Windcallers and the Re-Animator. Couldn't really remember whether it did drop off Exarchs though.
Current status: Playing on and off during the weekends.
Alt-itis: Nanowoody 49/Omni/NT/NM -> Utterly phail at kiting Level 81 claws. Trader, MP, Soldier, Enfo, Crat, heck..I've got one of each prof!
Woodlands - Level 178 + dual Crispies. Hates the grinding again.
Future wish list: 2x Gelid Blades, MoTR.

TigerDragon
Skilled
Skilled

Post by TigerDragon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:08 am

The windcallers in Nematet's room are the ones I usually go kill for wine. They aren't the only ones to drop it, but they are the easiest guaranteed drop that I know of.
Clan on RK2:
Redbeacon - beacon warp / tradeskill engineer (not able to cast beacon warp yet... working on it)
Redrosethorn - Piercing Doc (Level locked at 59 to help at totw)
Neutral on RK2:
Redmedivac - Fixer (will go clan after team fgrid quest is finished.) current main.
Redvestments - Pistol Trader

Riandros
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Riandros » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:19 am

Making NL Desert the save point is a good idea : you have the NPC warper here, advanced and sup. shop plus, you can get easily to NL via the WP. The bottle is a common drop from exarches, windcallers... the quest can be completed and completed and completed...
Riandros - Omni agent in Atlantean

Stupidluigi
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Stupidluigi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:07 pm

I know for sure that it drops off of the level 60 Windcaller on the way to Lien. I think his name is Yatila, but not entirely sure :wink:

On a side note, what are the EXACT rewards for this quest?
My toons (All Clan)
Mrbigstuph - Enforcer (Main) / Doctrfeelgud - Doctor / Traderluigi - Trader / Obsessednukr - Nano Technician / Toadtehkeep - Paid Keeper, currently frozen... / Generalguy - Paid Soldier, currently frozen... / Mayathesiren - Fixer
This city is afraid of me.

I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down and whisper

"Maybe after a Hot Pocket."

TigerDragon
Skilled
Skilled

Post by TigerDragon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Stupidluigi wrote:I know for sure that it drops off of the level 60 Windcaller on the way to Lien. I think his name is Yatila, but not entirely sure :wink:

On a side note, what are the EXACT rewards for this quest?
25k credits per bottle.
Clan on RK2:
Redbeacon - beacon warp / tradeskill engineer (not able to cast beacon warp yet... working on it)
Redrosethorn - Piercing Doc (Level locked at 59 to help at totw)
Neutral on RK2:
Redmedivac - Fixer (will go clan after team fgrid quest is finished.) current main.
Redvestments - Pistol Trader

Riandros
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Riandros » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:23 am

Like Fine Wine
Description:
Like Fine Wine

Dante Karall, the local bartender at Neuters r Us, has comissioned you to find a bottle of berry wine deep within the Temple of the Three Winds, usually only carried by high-ranking and important members of the temple. Once you've found a bottle, take it back to Dante for your pay.

According to Dante one of the cultists has set up near the Newland Desert whompas, and might be able to ease your transportation to the temple.

Reward:
Cash: 25000 credits
Experience: (Up to) 2730 XP.
Just notice you can have only one bottle in inv. (unique item).
Riandros - Omni agent in Atlantean

C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

Post by C++ This! » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:10 pm

Note to people doing the quest, this guys a major stoner and he is *very* long-winded, itll take quite a few dialog options for him to get to the point.

Also, IDK if its new or not but I stumbled upon a NPC wandering around in either Newland or Bor, no quests but he had some very interesting dialog about Galahad, SL, and Tarasque. Maybe FC took a page from EV Nova and started adding lots of backstory text. :)

Tarradax
Wordbearer

Post by Tarradax » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:01 am

C++ This! wrote:Also, IDK if its new or not but I stumbled upon a NPC wandering around in either Newland or Bor, no quests but he had some very interesting dialog about Galahad, SL, and Tarasque. Maybe FC took a page from EV Nova and started adding lots of backstory text. :)
If you're talking about the guy I think you're talking about, he's paranoid of the knights in Camelot and will give you a quest to go there and check the place out.
Ye' Olde Fixer Guide, By Me.

/Tarradax, Proud Owner of Questionable Morals.
/Baene, It's Like A Beanbag Chair. With a Gun. And a Temper.
/Bonekrakka, Get Your Choppas Ready, Boyz! Time For A WAAAAAAGH!
/Happythought, Hand-Made Silk Kites! Beautiful Strings!
/Littleshank, Choose Difficulty: []Hard []Medium []Easy []Very Easy [X]Atrox Melee Adventurer.

Completely Unrelated To Anything Link

jato
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jato » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:30 am

gives you 10k credits for it as well.

i don't think it's repeatable, not sure though.
Kiytan
Damrukh - Red Dead Subway Twink
Warpette - Warps on the move.

C++ This!
Skilled
Skilled

Post by C++ This! » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:46 pm

May have been bugged then...he was defo tinfoil and did ask me to go to Camelot, but didnt add any missions to my list.

So is he relatively new or did I just never notice him before?

Firnagzen
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Firnagzen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:16 pm

There are a whole bunch of these new NPCs everywhere, actually; some explanation about places and a quest of some sort to go see the places.

Llie
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Llie » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:45 am

old topic, I know. But Caska in the big room of cultists (where Defender of Three is) on the left side if you're facing Defender of Three drops it 100% of the time, and is the easiest to get to from the entrance.

Not really a viable "farming" item since I could do no better than about 300K credits/hour retrieving 1 bottle of wine and looting cultists. There's definitely got to be easier ways to make money than this.