Alvin/Dogda shoulderpad quest pieces

Information and posts regarding all the dungeons and quests on Rubi-Ka (ie Condemed Subways, ToTW, Biomare, Jack-the-Leg Chopper, etc.)
pheaxor
Fresh
Fresh

Post by pheaxor » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:03 pm

for both my toons i had the best luck at trash king. just stayed away from tk and lackey, nailed bucketheads and they dropped most parts with an hour or so.

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:31 pm

Thanks man, I'll give that a try later. :)
RK1
Venderim - Solitus Soldier. Lv 220 Equip
Vanderim - Atrox Enforcer. Lv 98
Minivend - Atrox Soldier. Lv 12
Vendadvy - Atrox Adventurer. Lv 110
Kickervend - Opifex MA. Lv 80

RK2
Vendkeep - Atrox Keeper Lv 6

Eryato
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Eryato » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:19 pm

I've been working on the parts in the dynacamp near the acid pond in Newland Desert. The droprate seems to be on the order of 1 in 20 (maybe 1 in 25?).

I meant to have a better count, but lost track when running for my life when I managed to get half a dozen technoscavengers and the boss after me at once. The trip back to Borealis went a lot faster than the trip out.

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:33 am

Well, I've probably spent a couple of hours each day for the last week trying to acquire these parts and the most I've had was 3 of the 8 pieces. Earlier though I tried at the trashking and within an hour or so had all the remaining parts, I'd definatley recommend the trashking as the place to go for this quest.
RK1

RK2

Feydakin
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Feydakin » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:08 am

I've always used the junkyard outside Rome in Galway Shire, mostly out of convenience since up to now I've always played as Omni. It usually only takes me a few hours to get two of everything because I usually do the quest twice to get two shoulderpads. If you can get the parts in order you can start putting them together, so then you can start picking up the parts again. I know some people are cool and say that you don't need two sided shoulderpads because they are the suxxor, but I like to do it for the sake of completion. I'd rather have it than not, and it's not that much of a chore...
· Rimor ·
· Hastuur - Meta-Physicist ·
· Feydakin - Adventurer ·
· Ogrenex - Enforcer ·
· Feydagon - Soldier ·
· Shadofex - Fixer ·

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:25 am

Thats actually a very good tip Feydakin, about putting the parts together as you go so you can pick up another set of items for 2 shoulderpads. I don't know why but I assumed I would get 2 pads and so was a bit gutted with just the one, however after my success at the trashking I shouldn't take much to gather another set of parts for another shoulderpad.
RK1

RK2

Feydakin
Skilled
Skilled

Post by Feydakin » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:31 am

Venderim wrote:Thats actually a very good tip Feydakin, about putting the parts together as you go so you can pick up another set of items for 2 shoulderpads. I don't know why but I assumed I would get 2 pads and so was a bit gutted with just the one, however after my success at the trashking I shouldn't take much to gather another set of parts for another shoulderpad.
You can also do the last two parts of the mission at the same time (or so I have been informed many times, and it makes perfect sense), though I haven't done it yet myself. While you are out tagging them for the second part, also have the mission for the third and final Pad where you have to kill them, and kill them after you tag them (if you are able to or have someone teamed with you that can) and get the item you need from them... The only thing that I'm not sure about is if you actually have to kill them while you have the mission active or if you just need the part they drop.
· Rimor ·
· Hastuur - Meta-Physicist ·
· Feydakin - Adventurer ·
· Ogrenex - Enforcer ·
· Feydagon - Soldier ·
· Shadofex - Fixer ·

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:20 pm

You just need to collect the parts, means while you are doing quest #2, you can collect all the parts already. Furthermore, you can interleave the missions for your two pads. But you have to be _very_ careful with that, if you mess up it's all over again from the very start (quest #1).

Omnis and Neutrals can use an omnifier on the third level pad, getting kinda the 4th level pad and thus are able to wear this 4th and the third level pad together.

Eryato
Fresh
Fresh

Post by Eryato » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:00 pm

Feydakin wrote:If you can get the parts in order you can start putting them together, so then you can start picking up the parts again.
I also had this good idea, but the last piece I picked up was part of the first combination. Most frustrating when I've been at it for hours, no other player nearby, when another player shows up, kills one technoscavenger, and I see on vicinity loot that they grabbed the piece I'm wating on, then leaves. I came across four or five duplicate parts that I couldn't grab while waiting for the last one to drop again.

Venderim
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Venderim » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:02 pm

Ok, so I've got the 2nd shoulderpad. I know what needs to be done for pad number 3 but what level should I be before attempting this (roughly), obviously I don't want to start quest 3 and not be able to finish it before time runs out.
RK1

RK2

Sferykal
ModSquad
ModSquad

Post by Sferykal » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:22 pm

You will need outside help to get quest 3 done, unless you are willing to wait for maybe another 70 levels at least (refering to the level 50 you have listed in your signature). I remember helping killing TK with a team of like level 110ish to 130ish. We had a number of causalities, but we got him down in the end (by kiting). I've tried it with others at higher level and no kiting, but we died. The lackeys are definitively easier to beat up, but you need decent damage dealers and at least one good healer, all the lackeys have a nice healing rate and on top of that throw the occasional nuke (which can be from never up to pretty often). It's best you are standing outside of the nuke area as a healer, this makes things definitively easier.

TK is level 145, the lackeys are level 130, all are boss type mobs (and thus have more HPs compared to normal mobs at these levels, specials like the nukes etc.).

Solumus
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Solumus » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:49 pm

The best thing to do is to NOT start the mission until after you've killed all the mobs and gathered all the parts you need. Then go get the mission... close the chat... open the chat again and complete the mission. It will only take you about 2 minutes and you don't have to worry about not being able to complete it in time.

Thats the way Pnunu taught me and the way I plan to do it. :lol:
Joota-- Fixer
Corrid-- Meta-Physicist
Jooshade-- Shade
-------------------------
Squad Commander -- Knights of Ka
All on Rimor

Solumus
Hardened
Hardened

Post by Solumus » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:47 am

Well... I have finished the quest finally. These are quite nice... I did see a comment the other day about omnified alvin pads on another site. Is this true? Can you omnify and clanalize these?
Joota-- Fixer
Corrid-- Meta-Physicist
Jooshade-- Shade
-------------------------
Squad Commander -- Knights of Ka
All on Rimor

Pnunu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pnunu » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:24 am

Solumus wrote:Well... I have finished the quest finally. These are quite nice... I did see a comment the other day about omnified alvin pads on another site. Is this true? Can you omnify and clanalize these?
Omnify only. DOH! :shock:

So, Ommers (and Neuts) can get one of each of these
RK2:
Docscrubs (220/28/70)
Pascomu (TL7 Enf)
Pnunu (TL7 Fixer-TS monkey)
Phicksa (TL5 Fixer - Sect 10)
Paddfoot (TL5 Advie)
Phootlocker (TL4 Trader-shop monkey)
Pnumicist (TL3 MP)
Pniper (TL2 Agent - pocket FG boy)
JinPo (TL3 MA-Omni GMSer)